G40 Balance Mod - Rules and Download

• '19 '17 '16

Not really a balance mod question.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

The war is on, and USA sends a lone cruiser with 1 marine to recapture the phillipines.

Japan opts to send 3 kamikazes and scores the hit! Boom!

My assumption would be the cruiser and the marine are lost! But tripleA seems to disagree, and further, under the tripleA game notes for BM - the Phillipines sea zone is not even listed as a Kamikaze zone?

Being that the rules aren’t exactly crystal here, and being that kamikazes were excluded from running at tranpsorts in OOB… and now that cruisers are essentially a tranpsort when carrying a marine… can we get some clarity?

• '19 '17

@Gargantua said in G40 Balance Mod 3.0 - Rules and Download:

The war is on, and USA sends a lone cruiser with 1 marine to recapture the phillipines.

Japan opts to send 3 kamikazes and scores the hit! Boom!

My assumption would be the cruiser and the marine are lost! But tripleA seems to disagree, and further, under the tripleA game notes for BM - the Phillipines sea zone is not even listed as a Kamikaze zone?

Being that the rules aren’t exactly crystal here, and being that kamikazes were excluded from running at tranpsorts in OOB… and now that cruisers are essentially a tranpsort when carrying a marine… can we get some clarity?

Certainly, it was answered in the past and we should put it in the notes. Since Kamikazes happen before any battle starts, the marine dies with the cruiser and does not fight on land (requires editing). @regularkid

• @Adam514 that is correct. Yes it was addressed: the cruiser and marine are lost if the kamikazi is successful. triple A does not properly handle this, so edit moded is needed. We also addressed the somewhat related issue of whether marines of one nationality can amphib assault from a friendly cruiser/battleship of another nationality in a SZ where kamikazis are possible. the answer is yes.

• @regularkid said in G40 Balance Mod 3.0 - Rules and Download:

@Adam514 that is correct. Yes it was addressed: the cruiser and marine are lost if the kamikazi is successful. triple A does not properly handle this, so edit moded is needed. We also addressed the somewhat related issue of whether marines of one nationality can amphib assault from a friendly cruiser/battleship of another nationality in a SZ where kamikazis are possible. the answer is yes.

so marines can go with allied cruisers, just as inf or art can go with allied transports?

• @Amon-Sul yes

• 2007 AAR League

Does a marine also activate a friendly neutral? I’m thinking about the BM 3.0 rules.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

Vichy question

Round 1: Germany takes normandy and the bitish move a mech to syria. At french turn vichy is activated while syria stays french and the french infantry stays put in syria

Round 2: The british move away the mech from syria. Given that vichy can be activated in any round why isnt the french dude in syria becoming pro axis in round 2? all conditions for vichy are met

• @oysteilo said in G40 Balance Mod 3.0 - Rules and Download:

Vichy question

Round 1: Germany takes normandy and the bitish move a mech to syria. At french turn vichy is activated while syria stays french and the french infantry stays put in syria

Round 2: The british move away the mech from syria. Given that vichy can be activated in any round why isnt the french dude in syria becoming pro axis in round 2? all conditions for vichy are met

It should, if it stayed.

• @akreider2 said in G40 Balance Mod 3.0 - Rules and Download:

Does a marine also activate a friendly neutral? I’m thinking about the BM 3.0 rules.

yes, why not. only aa guns dont.

• @Amon-Sul said in G40 Balance Mod 3.0 - Rules and Download:

yes, why not. only aa guns dont.

Just has to have an attack value.

• @trulpen said in G40 Balance Mod 3.0 - Rules and Download:

@oysteilo said in G40 Balance Mod 3.0 - Rules and Download:

Vichy question

It should, if it stayed.

Sorry, didn’t read carefully enough. The Vichy conversion only happens once (but may be activated again, I guess, if France has been liberated and S France never controlled by Axis). In rounds after it, no further conversion should happen since Vichy isn’t instituted then.

• @regularkid

In the notes (client) it says:

“Transports if unloading for amphibious assault, must unload all their units, and may not hold back some units while offloading other units.”

While there is no such writing in the rules. Rather the rules state:

“If a transport loads land units during the Combat Move phase, it must offload those units to attack a hostile territory as part of an amphibious assault during the Conduct Combat phase […]”

In practise, if a unit is preloaded on a tr it doesn’t have to be unloaded in an amphibious assault during CM, although the tr needs to unload atleast one unit.

Likely this discussion is found somewhere already, but I don’t know where, and I think it would be wise to rephrase the notes.

• '19 '17

@trulpen Those are vanilla G40 notes though, that’s why. We don’t control what’s in the G40 notes.

• '19 '17 '16

They can be updated.

If it isn’t done in a week or so, bug me again.

• '19 '17 '16

Update is live. You’ll need to delete and re-download your map packs.

Also fixed up some of the missing combat move 1st bugs for the relevant maps.

• An idea that came up in the P2V-discussions:

@trulpen said in WW2 Path to Victory - Feedback Thread:

A PR-touch on the issue of land-lease could be that if Russia DOWs on J before say turn 5 (when Axis megalomania should be evident), then they will permanently lose all their land-leases, and a JDOW would mean Russia gets the sympathy from the world and the active land-leases are doubled. That’s kind of neat.

I came to think that an even neater solution would be that if R DOWs on J before they are at war with either UK or US (F doesn’t count) they lose all the land-leases forever.

I’m trying to discern what that would make for playability, and I believe it’s a pretty good mechanic.

• Should add that if R DOWs after J is at war with UK and/or US, they won’t lose their land-leases, but those will also not be boosted.

Thematically it could be that if J DOWs, the extra IPC comes from the neutral states around the world, while if RDOW before the others are at war it’s a sign of the Soviet aggressive strife for world dominance.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

The Soviet Union should never lose their land lease objectives if they declare war against Japan. That is a japanese sub in sz 5 should not remove the lend lease objective. However a japanese sub in sz 80 can remove the Persia lend lease. In this way there are some incentives for an early ussr dow on Japan. Today this is non existing. In addition the Burma road should stay at 6, not 3.

• '19 '17 '16

@oysteilo said in G40 Balance Mod 3.0 - Rules and Download:

The Soviet Union should never lose their land lease objectives if they declare war against Japan. That is a japanese sub in sz 5 should not remove the lend lease objective. However a japanese sub in sz 80 can remove the Persia lend lease. In this way there are some incentives for an early ussr dow on Japan. Today this is non existing. In addition the Burma road should stay at 6, not 3.

Curious why Japanese subs in SZ5 shouldn’t remove Siberian lend lease if at war?

Agree that the reduction in Burma Road hasn’t been a good move.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m