G40 Balance Mod - Rules and Download

• '17 '16 '15

Hey kid

yea didn’t think the trigger for Japan was necessary for the initial Southern France occupation. When Vichy has been activated and the axis take control was what I was seeing. Italy was able to build when S France was occupied on same turn. According to Adam that isn’t the intended behavior. Is that correct ?

Really like the Vichy Rule : ) Been a while since I checked it out.

• no. but what does that have to do with japan?

• '17 '16 '15

@regularkid:

no. but what does that have to do with japan?

Once Vichy rule has been activated, if Japan occupies it, the Vichy infantry and artillery aren’t removed. Japan also can’t build there the next turn.

I agree there is basically no reason to have Japan able to Initiate the Vichy rule. If they were to occupy S France after that though, it wouldn’t work correctly the way I understand it.

“Zone Libre”: Any Axis occupation of Southern France following the Armistice results in the scuttling of the Vichy French Fleet at Toulon and the disbandment of all remaining Vichy French forces. These forces are removed at the end of the Axis player’s turn in which the occupation of Southern France takes place. Any formerly Vichy French forces that were previously commandeered by the Axis are unaffected by this change.

From Adam

@Adam514:

@freh:

Italy occupies Vichy Southern France after the armistice is already in place. All remaining Vichy units are disbanded. What about the factory and the naval base? Do they remain? And can Italy build something in S. France on the same turn?

They remain, and Italy cannot build there on the same turn.

Right now, Italy can build same turn. So can Germany. Japan not at all. Japan in the Med, late/mid game, seems possible so…

Anyway, that’s the Japan angle. : )

• '19 '17 '16

Or we could change the documentation!  :-D

• '19 '17

The sacred texts!

• In the rules description of marines:

“New Unit - Marines: Cost 5; Attack at 1; Attack at 2 when involved with an amphibious assault; Defend at 2; No bonus from artillery; Can be loaded onto cruisers and battleships (1 to a ship).”

there should also mention that marines can be loaded onto a transport like any inf, including being able to load up to two of them. otherwise, newcomers might read this and think marines can ONLY be loaded onto ca and bb

• '19 '13

Question regarding this part (and I apologize if it has been answered before, and I just didn’t find it):

“Fleet at Toulon: In addition to the change in French territorial control, the Armistice changes control of the the French fleet in sz 93, from French to Pro-Axis neutral. The Vichy French fleet maintains a strictly defensive posture. It may not be moved. It may not be captured by the Axis. The fleet is immediately destroyed if any power, other than the Free French, occupies Southern France”

Does this pro-axis neutral fleet BLOCK allied warships sailing through it, like other surface warships do?

Say an allied fleet sits in 92, and wants to go to 97, but there’s an italian surface warship in 94, and the Pro-Axis Neutral Vichy French fleet sits in 93; will those two sz be regarded as blocked respectively?

• '19 '17

Yes it does block the Allied fleet. Furthermore, Axis ships can move in with the Vichy fleet, and if the Allies attack they fight both fleets.

• '19 '13

@Adam514:

Yes it does block the Allied fleet.

Thanks for the quick response! It made sense it would, but wanted to be sure before counting on it in a game!

@Adam514:

Furthermore, Axis ships can move in with the Vichy fleet, and if the Allies attack they fight both fleets.

This was clear from the rules post! Good work!

• Is it right that  Britain can take FIC, without a DOW against Japan?

• '19 '17

Yes (and Anzac).

• Thank you.

• @wittmann:

Is it right that  Britain can take FIC, without a DOW against Japan?

did not knew that. really interesting.

but that applies only in the Vichy scenario off course?

• '19 '17 '16

If Vichy isn’t activated UK, ANZAC, USSR can all move troops into FIC but they don’t take ownership in that scenario.

• It is annoyjng, as I don’t ever take FIC, as I like the 10 NO. Habe had to march into it or face the U.K. taking it . On J2 (no DOW) I only made 35: terrible Japanese income!

• '19 '17 '16

What, to prevent 2IPC/turn income going to the allies?

• And having to recapture it, when I nedd yo go elsewhere. Perhaps, I have made a mistake, but will see where it takes  me. Have not yet won as the Axis in BM and fear I won’t change that in this game either.

You are happy for Britain to take FIC then? I see.

• '19 '17 '16

I normally take it J1 to build the IC on it.

• '20 '19 '18 '15 '13

Rule check for BM:

Can a FTR attack a territory, if the only place to land after the battle, is a Pro-Axis Neutral which has yet to be, but can be, activated? The plan would be to activate during Non-com so the plane is able to land in the newly activated territory?

Thanks!

• '19 '13

@Odonis:

Rule check for BM:

Can a FTR attack a territory, if the only place to land after the battle, is a Pro-Axis Neutral which has yet to be, but can be, activated? The plan would be to activate during Non-com so the plane is able to land in the newly activated territory?

Thanks!

No plane can land in any territory that wasn’t controlled at the start of the turn, under any circumstance. Conquered or acquired as pro-neutral still means it wasn’t controlled at the beginning of the turn.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m