XDAP-01 Transatlantic Alliance (Axis) vs. The Fighting Mongooses (Allies)

• '17

Okay, I might have been wrong.

It looks like kcdzim is saying that those rules don’t apply to Japan or the UK because “powers that begin the game neutral” refers to powers that begin the game at war with no one (i.e. USSR/US).  The UK and Japan both start at war, just not with each other.

This may require further clarification before I’m 100% sure, but maybe we don’t need to worry.

• '17

I reread the rules and kcdzim’s comments.  I think tripleA is flawed here.  Please ignore reply 35 and read reply 34 in this thread.

• Sorry, I don’t get what situation you are reflecting to. There is a huge Japanese Fleet in SZ 36.

• @Rulebook/Alpha:

Declaring War:

Once a state of war is entered into, all territories and sea zones containing units
    belonging to the power or powers on which you declared war instantly become hostile to your
    units, and the normal restrictions of moving into or through hostile spaces apply, with one
    exception. During your Combat Move phase following the entry into a state of war, your
    transports that are already in sea zones that have just become hostile may be loaded in those
    sea zones (but not in other hostile sea zones). In effect, transports may be loaded in their initial
    sea zones for amphibious assaults before war is declared, while the sea zone is still friendly.

I think you are reflecting these lines of the Rulebook.
    Which seazone became hostile due to a DOW?

• '17

If Japan declares war on the UK on J2, then it will be unable to load the transports in SZ36 because I noncombat moved a UK destroyer to SZ36 on UK1 (which will turn the zone hostile).  TripleA wasn’t programmed to allow the exception.

• Ah, I think I got it now. What you are saying is that you would not have moved your destroyer there, if you had been aware of the fact that the Japanese Transporter can be loaded anyway in this special situation (assuming Japan declares war on J2)?

• '17

Yeah, I would not have moved it there.

The main reason I bring it up is to warn you that tripleA does not recognize the special situation.

In order to use those transports during combat (if Japan declares war on J2), you’ll need to use the edit function to either move the UK ships or to move Japanese land units wherever they could legally go via transport.

• @Jercules:

Hey guys, sorry for the delay, this fancy new technology is just too much for me. From here on in I’m a go…

If it is truly important, my email is: marcus_mueller@hotmail.com (lol, can you guess my REAL name?), but I’m happy to trust that the dice results are not being meddled with.

From here on in, I’m a go, and thank you to WHeatbeer for holding the fort.

Welcome to the game  :-)

• @wheatbeer:

Yeah, I would not have moved it there.

The main reason I bring it up is to warn you that tripleA does not recognize the special situation.

In order to use those transports during combat (if Japan declares war on J2), you’ll need to use the edit function to either move the UK ships or to move Japanese land units wherever they could legally go via transport.

I am good with you moving it back now that you know what the rule is. Like Gargantua said, this is all about us learning to play this monstrous version.

• No need to lose the destroyer when it would not stop what you intended to do.

• @Ol’:

No need to lose the destroyer when it would not stop what you intended to do.

I fully agree with my partner. Let’s just edit the Destroyer to another seazone you prefer. Where do you want to have it instead?

• '17

Could we move the destroyer to SZ37 and the cruiser (currently in SZ37) to SZ54?

Or if you don’t want to move both ships, then please move the destroyer to SZ79.

• @wheatbeer:

Could we move the destroyer to SZ37 and the cruiser (currently in SZ37) to SZ54?

We can move both ships if you want.
    But I did not find a way to move the cruiser from SZ39 (it’s original SZ) to SZ54.
    Have I overseen a route?

• '17

Sorry, I guess I should actually look at the map  :lol:

• '17

Cruiser to SZ79

Sorry again  :oops:

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

LOL…

+1 Morality points to Panther and Guts!

• @Gargantua:

LOL…

Wow, thank you ;-)

• So I would suggest that the player who does the ANZAC-turn “edit modes” the changes during the Purchase Units Phase of ANZAC.
    By this the edits become transparent for all players in the Turn Post.

To sum it up:
    1. Delete British Destroyer from SZ 36
    2. Delete British Cruiser from SZ 37
    3. Add British Destroyer to SZ 37
    4. Add British Cruiser to SZ 79

Please make sure to always edit British units, NOT UK_Pacific units.
    (The reason for this is stated by Veqryn here: http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=26989.msg963224#msg963224  )

• @P@nther:

@Gargantua:

LOL…

Wow, thank you ;-)

SUHWEET!!!

• '22 '21 '19 '18 '17 '16

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3, version: 2.8

Game History

Round :1

Purchase Units - ANZAC
                ANZAC buy 1 infantry and 1 transport; Remaining resources: 0 PUs;

Combat Move - ANZAC
                Giving bonus movement to units
                Turning on Edit Mode
                EDIT: ANZAC player Removing units owned by PlayerID named:British from 36 Sea Zone: 1 destroyer
                EDIT: ANZAC player Removing units owned by PlayerID named:British from 37 Sea Zone: 1 cruiser
                EDIT: ANZAC player Adding units owned by PlayerID named:British to 37 Sea Zone: 1 destroyer
                EDIT: ANZAC player Adding units owned by PlayerID named:British to 79 Sea Zone: 1 cruiser
                EDIT: Turning off Edit Mode
                1 infantry moved from New South Wales to 62 Sea Zone
                1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 62 Sea Zone to 42 Sea Zone
                1 infantry moved from 42 Sea Zone to Java
                      ANZAC take Java from Dutch

Combat - ANZAC
                Recording Battle Statistics

Non Combat Move - ANZAC
                1 destroyer moved from 62 Sea Zone to 54 Sea Zone
                1 cruiser moved from 63 Sea Zone to 54 Sea Zone
                1 infantry moved from New South Wales to Queensland
                2 aaGuns moved from New South Wales to Queensland

Place Units - ANZAC
                1 transport placed in 62 Sea Zone
                1 infantry placed in New South Wales

Turn Complete - ANZAC
                ANZAC collect 14 PUs; end with 14 PUs total

Territory Summary for ANZAC :

Malaya : 1 infantry
        Queensland : 2 aaGuns, 1 airfield, 1 artillery, 1 fighter, 1 harbour and 3 infantry
        New Zealand : 1 airfield, 2 fighters, 1 harbour and 1 infantry
        New South Wales : 1 factory_minor, 1 harbour and 1 infantry
        Java : 1 flag, 1 infantry
        42 Sea Zone : 1 transport
        54 Sea Zone : 1 cruiser and 1 destroyer
        62 Sea Zone : 1 transport
        Egypt : 2 infantry

Production/PUs Summary :

Germans : 42 / 69
        Russians : 37 / 40
        Japanese : 29 / 41
        Americans : 52 / 52