• 2024 '22 '19 '17 '15

expected survivors 20 to 24
    actual survivors: 6

• Camping.

• TripleA

• @elrood said in NML 1914 - Team Game #4:

expected survivors 20 to 24
    actual survivors: 6

Strange/interesting results. Your opening dice were 5 below expected, but improved thereafter. Fr/UK had mostly at or below average hits each turn, no great rounds. Yet, as you noted, you had noticeably fewer than expected survivors. The timing of the hits mattered more than the total dice stats. Paris should be able to hold, with max allied effort. But Austria’s successful opening attack on R, and earlier game results show that CP can still win without taking Paris. G isn’t finished, it has tons of cash. Perhaps a navy is in its future.

• 2024 '22 '19 '17 '15

Bad dice in early game turns in the same as bad dice in early battle rounds. Had more gas hit in turn 1, then fewer defenders could have shot back. etc etc.

• @elrood bad luck . You never recovered after a bad R1.
    I twice did it ij Local and had 22/24 Gas hit and survived with 30 both times . Paris would have remained yours for the whole game.

• FYI, here’s what happened to Wayne, he posted this in a game with Entek 21 days ago. “I was putting a steel bar that goes inside the trailer hitch and locks in to place then attaches to the camper for stability i had my hand on the ground under it and it must not of clicked in an it came out of the hitch and the round corner of it smashed down on to my hand. i broke the bones that goes to my middle finger in my hand in 2 places. then before i went to the hospital i was attempting to move fire wood and smashed the tip of my middle finger and broke that also. Dumb luck i guess. 3 breaks 1 finger. now it looks like i’m flipping everybody the bird. lol.”

• Is somebody seeing a point in resuming, since I do not

• @elrood Well it seems pretty pointless if G cannot find the motivation to do its non-coms. Without those G troops in Belarus it will be hard for AH to hold it.

I will wait to see if we are continuing before I do Austria.

• @private-panic I am happy to carry o , if Adam is allowed to move those lazy Polish Germans into Belarus. Otherwise , there is no point, if we Weill lose thr Eastern Fromt too.
    Seb was probably so stunned by his bad luck (agian) that he neglected to look East.

• 2024 '22 '19 '17 '15

@witt I was not aware of an order to reinforce Belarus! But really was in no mood to double check… especially due to the long communication lines (forum chat)

• 2024 '22 '19 '17 '15

So I take it you want to resume? ooookay …

• @elrood I say give the CP a sporting chance. G do his Non Com, including his sub in the Pacific off of Singapore.

• @fmerwinrommel thanks! I actually wanted to move it but was really flabberghasted by my misfortunes in battle… :-/

• 2024 '22 '19 '17 '15

serbia-5_edited_GerNonCom.tsvg

Edited the German Sub at Singapore
    and moved all from Eastern Poland to Belarus.

• I started from the revised post. As I had already spent 5 on tech and missed I didn’t roll again, with the idea of underspending by 5 and then editing to remove 5 income and add a tech counter when I had finished my turn. Then forgot this when making my purchases. So at the end I tried used edit to remove a trench and an inf and add 1 income. But couldn’t see how to add a tech counter so added the other 5 income too. If I remember I will spend 10 on tech next turn, but if I forget and only spend 5 then that is fine too I guess.

Anyway - here is my turn:

Game History

Round: 5

Combat Move - Austria
            7 field_guns and 21 infantry moved from Venice to Tyrol
            1 fighter moved from Trieste to Tyrol
            1 infantry moved from Galicia to Odessa
            1 field_gun moved from Galicia to Odessa
            1 fighter moved from Galicia to Odessa

Purchase Units - Austria
            Austria buy 2 field_guns, 5 heavy_guns, 12 infantry and 7 trenchs; Remaining resources: 4 PUs; 0 techTokens; 

Combat - Austria
            Battle in Odessa
                Austria attack with 1 field_gun, 1 fighter and 1 infantry
                Russia defend with 1 field_gun and 1 infantry
                    Austria roll dice for 1 field_gun, 1 fighter and 1 infantry in Odessa, round 2 : 1/3 hits, 1.00 expected hits
                    Russia roll dice for 1 field_gun and 1 infantry in Odessa, round 2 : 2/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Russia, 1 field_gun owned by the Austria and 1 infantry owned by the Austria lost in Odessa
                1 fighter owned by the Austria retreated
                Russia win with 1 field_gun remaining. Battle score for attacker is -4
                Casualties for Austria: 1 field_gun and 1 infantry
                Casualties for Russia: 1 infantry
            Battle in Tyrol
                Austria attack with 7 field_guns, 1 fighter and 21 infantry
                Italy defend with 1 field_gun and 1 infantry
                    Austria roll dice for 7 field_guns, 1 fighter and 21 infantry in Tyrol, round 2 : 7/29 hits, 7.50 expected hits
                    Italy roll dice for 1 field_gun and 1 infantry in Tyrol, round 2 : 1/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Italy, 1 infantry owned by the Austria and 1 field_gun owned by the Italy lost in Tyrol
                Austria win, taking Tyrol from Italy with 7 field_guns, 1 fighter and 20 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 4
                Casualties for Austria: 1 infantry
                Casualties for Italy: 1 field_gun and 1 infantry

Non Combat Move - Austria
            1 field_gun moved from Albania to Macedonia
            1 field_gun moved from Transylvania to Galicia
            1 infantry moved from Hungary to Transylvania
            3 field_guns and 3 infantry moved from Hungary to Baranya
            1 heavy_gun and 3 infantry moved from Galicia to Belarus
            1 fighter moved from Odessa to Belarus
            3 heavy_guns moved from Venice to Tyrol
            3 heavy_guns moved from Venice to Tyrol
            5 infantry moved from Trieste to Carinthia
            1 fighter moved from Tyrol to Carinthia

Place Units - Austria
            2 heavy_guns, 2 infantry and 3 trenchs placed in Venice
            3 trenchs placed in Belarus
            2 heavy_guns and 4 infantry placed in Trieste
            1 field_gun, 1 heavy_gun and 4 infantry placed in Galicia
            1 field_gun, 2 infantry and 1 trench placed in Hungary

Turn Complete - Austria
            Austria collect 86 PUs; end with 90 PUs
            Austria collect 3 PUs from War Bonds; end with 93 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Italy regular : 0.33
    Austria regular : -0.50
    Russia regular : 1.33

Austria-5.tsvg

• @private-panic I follow you, listed as 99 with no tech dice = same as / should be 94 + 1 tech dice.

• TripleA

• @Witt Elrood can buy 6 BB’s with the windfall from Paris. If you don’t want BB envy, you should buy 3 BBs of your own for T. :grinning:

• @Elrood About 2 years ago I played a 1-on-1 game of G40 and as G, I lost the opening battle for Paris, despite 98% odds. Needless to say, I conceded the game after a few turns.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m