NML 1914 - Team Game #4

• If you all don’t mind, I will take Dawg’s turn as USA. He hasn’t responded and I don’t think his fingers are healed enough to type well.

• @fmerwinrommel please do.

• USA4.tsvg
    Round: 4

Research Technology - USA
                USA roll 1,3,4 and gets 0 hits

Combat Move - USA
            1 field_gun moved from San Francisco to Sea Zone 147 Gulf of California
            1 field_gun and 1 transport moved from Sea Zone 147 Gulf of California to Sea Zone 145 Pacific Ocean
            1 infantry moved from Honolulu to Sea Zone 145 Pacific Ocean
            1 field_gun, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from Sea Zone 145 Pacific Ocean to Sea Zone 146 Pacific Ocean
            1 field_gun and 1 infantry moved from Sea Zone 146 Pacific Ocean to Guadalahara

Purchase Units - USA
            USA buy 6 field_guns, 8 infantry and 2 transports; Remaining resources: 5 PUs; 3 techTokens; 

Combat - USA
            Battle in Guadalahara
                USA attack with 1 field_gun and 1 infantry
                Neutral defend with 1 infantry
                    USA roll dice for 1 field_gun and 1 infantry in Guadalahara, round 2 : 0/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    Neutral roll dice for 1 infantry in Guadalahara, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    USA roll dice for 1 field_gun and 1 infantry in Guadalahara, round 3 : 0/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    Neutral roll dice for 1 infantry in Guadalahara, round 3 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    USA roll dice for 1 field_gun and 1 infantry in Guadalahara, round 4 : 0/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    Neutral roll dice for 1 infantry in Guadalahara, round 4 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the USA lost in Guadalahara
                    USA roll dice for 1 field_gun in Guadalahara, round 5 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    Neutral roll dice for 1 infantry in Guadalahara, round 5 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    USA roll dice for 1 field_gun in Guadalahara, round 6 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    Neutral roll dice for 1 infantry in Guadalahara, round 6 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Neutral and 1 field_gun owned by the USA lost in Guadalahara
                Neutral win with no units remaining. Battle score for attacker is -4
                Casualties for USA: 1 field_gun and 1 infantry
                Casualties for Neutral: 1 infantry

Non Combat Move - USA
            4 infantry moved from Chukotka to Magadan
            1 field_gun and 1 infantry moved from Honolulu to Sea Zone 145 Pacific Ocean
            1 field_gun, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from Sea Zone 145 Pacific Ocean to Sea Zone 141 Pacific Ocean
            2 field_guns moved from San Francisco to Sea Zone 153 Pacific Ocean
            2 infantry moved from California to Sea Zone 153 Pacific Ocean
            2 field_guns, 2 infantry and 2 transports moved from Sea Zone 153 Pacific Ocean to Sea Zone 151 Bering Sea
            2 field_guns and 2 infantry moved from Sea Zone 151 Bering Sea to Chukotka
            2 transports moved from Sea Zone 151 Bering Sea to Sea Zone 153 Pacific Ocean
            1 infantry moved from New Mexico to California
            1 field_gun and 1 infantry moved from New York to Sea Zone 29 Mid Atlantic
            1 field_gun, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from Sea Zone 29 Mid Atlantic to Sea Zone 27 Mid Atlantic
            1 field_gun and 1 infantry moved from Carolinas to Sea Zone 30 Mid Atlantic
            1 field_gun, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from Sea Zone 30 Mid Atlantic to Sea Zone 28 Sargasso Sea
            2 infantry moved from Hudson-Delaware to New England

Place Units - USA
            2 field_guns placed in California
            2 infantry placed in Oregon
            2 field_guns and 2 infantry placed in San Francisco
            1 field_gun and 2 infantry placed in New York
            1 field_gun and 2 infantry placed in Charleston
            1 transport placed in Sea Zone 29 Mid Atlantic
            1 transport placed in Sea Zone 30 Mid Atlantic

Turn Complete - USA
            USA collect 66 PUs; end with 71 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

USA regular : -1.67
    Neutral regular : 0.33

• Yankee greenhorns couldn’t take Guadalahara.:cry:

• @elrood: The big event, high noon at the Paris cafe. The French Foreign Legion unleashes its secret weapon, may the fleas from a thousand camels infest the armpits of the German invaders.

• @fmerwinrommel oh yes. Odds are in my favor but Still feels like russian roulette with one bullet in a 5 chamber colt…

Currently on the road. Hope I can manage this evening. My turn is pretty much set, so not a lot to contemplate.

• thank you FMErwinRommel

• i’ll be back in 12 days

• @dawgoneit Wow, glad we didn’t wait. The game might be over by then. Are you camping or perhaps going to Egypt?

• 2024 '22 '19 '17 '15

Game History

Round: 5

Research Technology - Germany
            Germany spend 5 on tech rolls
                Germany rolls : 0/1 hits, 0,00 expected hits

Combat Move - Germany
            27 field_guns, 1 gas, 3 heavy_guns and 40 infantry moved from Champagne to Paris
            5 gass moved from Alsace to Paris
            8 gass moved from Wurttemburg to Paris
            4 cavalrys and 5 gass moved from Rhine to Paris
            26 cavalrys, 3 fighters and 5 gass moved from Belgium to Paris
            1 infantry moved from Westphalia to Hanover
                  Germany take Hanover from Britain
            1 stormtruppen moved from Mecklenburg to Holstein
                  Germany take Holstein from France

Purchase Units - Germany
            Germany buy 8 cavalrys, 8 gass, 9 infantry and 5 trenchs; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 1 techTokens; 

Combat - Germany
            Battle in Paris
                Germany attack with 30 cavalrys, 27 field_guns, 3 fighters, 24 gass, 3 heavy_guns and 40 infantry
                Britain defend with 1 cavalry, 1 colonial, 5 field_guns and 7 infantry; France defend with 1 Factory, 1 cavalry, 1 colonial, 3 field_guns, 1 fighter, 23 heavy_guns, 34 infantry and 12 trenchs
                    Germany roll dice for 24 gass in Paris, round 2 : 18/24 hits, 20,00 expected hits
                    7 infantry owned by the Britain, 1 cavalry owned by the Britain, 9 infantry owned by the France and 1 cavalry owned by the France lost in Paris
                    24 gass owned by the Germany lost in Paris
                    Germany roll dice for 30 cavalrys, 27 field_guns, 3 fighters, 3 heavy_guns and 40 infantry in Paris, round 2 : 25/103 hits, 28,17 expected hits
                    France roll dice for 2 colonials, 8 field_guns, 1 fighter, 23 heavy_guns, 25 infantry and 12 trenchs in Paris, round 2 : 27/59 hits, 27,50 expected hits
                    27 infantry owned by the Germany, 12 trenchs owned by the France and 1 infantry owned by the France lost in Paris
                    Germany roll dice for 30 cavalrys, 27 field_guns, 3 fighters, 3 heavy_guns and 13 infantry in Paris, round 3 : 23/76 hits, 23,67 expected hits
                    France roll dice for 2 colonials, 8 field_guns, 1 fighter, 23 heavy_guns and 24 infantry in Paris, round 3 : 26/58 hits, 27,17 expected hits
                    26 cavalrys owned by the Germany and 23 infantry owned by the France lost in Paris
                    Germany roll dice for 4 cavalrys, 27 field_guns, 3 fighters, 3 heavy_guns and 13 infantry in Paris, round 4 : 14/50 hits, 16,67 expected hits
                    France roll dice for 2 colonials, 8 field_guns, 1 fighter, 23 heavy_guns and 1 infantry in Paris, round 4 : 21/35 hits, 19,50 expected hits
                    2 heavy_guns owned by the France, 4 field_guns owned by the Germany, 13 infantry owned by the Germany, 3 field_guns owned by the France, 1 colonial owned by the Britain, 4 cavalrys owned by the Germany, 1 colonial owned by the France, 5 field_guns owned by the Britain, 1 fighter owned by the France and 1 infantry owned by the France lost in Paris
                    Germany roll dice for 23 field_guns, 3 fighters and 3 heavy_guns in Paris, round 5 : 8/29 hits, 9,67 expected hits
                    France roll dice for 21 heavy_guns in Paris, round 5 : 11/21 hits, 14,00 expected hits
                    8 heavy_guns owned by the France and 11 field_guns owned by the Germany lost in Paris
                    Germany roll dice for 12 field_guns, 3 fighters and 3 heavy_guns in Paris, round 6 : 7/18 hits, 6,00 expected hits
                    France roll dice for 13 heavy_guns in Paris, round 6 : 9/13 hits, 8,67 expected hits
                    7 heavy_guns owned by the France and 9 field_guns owned by the Germany lost in Paris
                    Germany roll dice for 3 field_guns, 3 fighters and 3 heavy_guns in Paris, round 7 : 4/9 hits, 3,00 expected hits
                    France roll dice for 6 heavy_guns in Paris, round 7 : 1/6 hits, 4,00 expected hits
                    4 heavy_guns owned by the France and 1 field_gun owned by the Germany lost in Paris
                    Germany roll dice for 2 field_guns, 3 fighters and 3 heavy_guns in Paris, round 8 : 3/8 hits, 2,67 expected hits
                    France roll dice for 2 heavy_guns in Paris, round 8 : 2/2 hits, 1,33 expected hits
                    2 heavy_guns owned by the France and 2 field_guns owned by the Germany lost in Paris
                Germany captures 77PUs while taking France capital
                Germany win, taking Paris from France with 3 fighters and 3 heavy_guns remaining. Battle score for attacker is -115
                Casualties for Britain: 1 cavalry, 1 colonial, 5 field_guns and 7 infantry
                Casualties for France: 1 cavalry, 1 colonial, 3 field_guns, 1 fighter, 23 heavy_guns, 34 infantry and 12 trenchs
                Casualties for Germany: 30 cavalrys, 27 field_guns, 24 gass and 40 infantry

Non Combat Move - Germany
            3 fighters moved from Paris to Champagne

Place Units - Germany
            3 trenchs placed in Champagne
            5 infantry placed in Belgium
            5 cavalrys placed in Alsace
            3 cavalrys placed in Rhine
            2 gass placed in Rhine
            6 gass placed in Wurttemburg
            4 infantry placed in Dar es Salaam
            1 trench placed in Shanghai 1
            1 trench placed in Alsace

Turn Complete - Germany
            Germany collect 118 PUs; end with 195 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Germany regular : -7,83
    France regular : -5,17
    Germany rolls : 0,00

Ger5.tsvg

Well below average results… AGAIN… barely managed to take it…

• 2024 '22 '19 '17 '15

expected survivors 20 to 24
    actual survivors: 6

• Camping.

• TripleA

• @elrood said in NML 1914 - Team Game #4:

expected survivors 20 to 24
    actual survivors: 6

Strange/interesting results. Your opening dice were 5 below expected, but improved thereafter. Fr/UK had mostly at or below average hits each turn, no great rounds. Yet, as you noted, you had noticeably fewer than expected survivors. The timing of the hits mattered more than the total dice stats. Paris should be able to hold, with max allied effort. But Austria’s successful opening attack on R, and earlier game results show that CP can still win without taking Paris. G isn’t finished, it has tons of cash. Perhaps a navy is in its future.

• 2024 '22 '19 '17 '15

Bad dice in early game turns in the same as bad dice in early battle rounds. Had more gas hit in turn 1, then fewer defenders could have shot back. etc etc.

• @elrood bad luck . You never recovered after a bad R1.
    I twice did it ij Local and had 22/24 Gas hit and survived with 30 both times . Paris would have remained yours for the whole game.

• FYI, here’s what happened to Wayne, he posted this in a game with Entek 21 days ago. “I was putting a steel bar that goes inside the trailer hitch and locks in to place then attaches to the camper for stability i had my hand on the ground under it and it must not of clicked in an it came out of the hitch and the round corner of it smashed down on to my hand. i broke the bones that goes to my middle finger in my hand in 2 places. then before i went to the hospital i was attempting to move fire wood and smashed the tip of my middle finger and broke that also. Dumb luck i guess. 3 breaks 1 finger. now it looks like i’m flipping everybody the bird. lol.”

• Is somebody seeing a point in resuming, since I do not

• @elrood Well it seems pretty pointless if G cannot find the motivation to do its non-coms. Without those G troops in Belarus it will be hard for AH to hold it.

I will wait to see if we are continuing before I do Austria.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m