Sired's Bloodbath - Sept. 22-24 2018 - Orange County CA.

• '17 '16 Customizer

It’s actually ready aside from adding a few more odds and ends, no changes, just make sure everything is clarified with no way to misread them. I’ve had notes on several cards for awhile now, hitting the printer Thursday to have the deck vid this weekend.

• '17 '16 Customizer

Updated roster, seats are no longer saved at this point.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

Hey, Siredblood, can we get a PDF or photo of the tournament rules? I’ve watched most of your videos, but if you stack 'em end to end they go on for hours, and it’s much easier for me to read something that’s printed out.

Cheers,
    Argo

• '17 '16 Customizer

Sounds good, I’ll make sure this is up for the weekend.

Hey SiredBlood,

Just checking in again on the written rules – any format is fine, doesn’t have to be fancy or perfect; Word, PDF, photographs, whatever you’ve got! I just want something in one place that I can read and use to start practicing for your cool tournament.

Cheers,
    Argo

• '14 Customizer

Wow, I would love to attend this.  Just got back from GENCON last week.

• '17 '16 Customizer

@Argothair:

Hey SiredBlood,

Just checking in again on the written rules – any format is fine, doesn’t have to be fancy or perfect; Word, PDF, photographs, whatever you’ve got! I just want something in one place that I can read and use to start practicing for your cool tournament.

Cheers,
    Argo

Sorry for the delay brother, my grandson passed away, I left town early last week and will be gone till the 12th.

Cyanight-  if your interested we got room.

• So sorry to hear that siredblood.

Sorry for the delay brother, my grandson passed away, I left town early last week and will be gone till the 12th.

I’m so sorry to hear that, Siredblood. Take all the time you need, and for whatever little it’s worth, know that we all support you.

• '14 Customizer

@siredblood:

@Argothair:

Hey SiredBlood,

Cheers,
    Argo

Cyanight-  if your interested we got room.

Very sorry to hear about your grandson. Please take care

• '17 '16 Customizer

Thanks guys, heading back now… I gotta double time it now yikes! I’ll get the docs up ASAP, let’s plan for by Wednesday, thanks for your patience.

• Sponsor

Terrible news, sorry for your loss brother.

• '17 '16 Customizer

@Young:

Terrible news, sorry for your loss brother.

Thanks YG, I’m working on the docs now, will be up tomorrow. Again sorry for the delay, work was super crazy for me when I got back.

• '17 '16 Customizer

I got it started, I edited the main post. National objectives are up, ill keep editing the post as I go. Just check back often, no reason for me to post every time I add to it.

• Sorry for the loss brother,stay strong
    S.A.

• '14

Myself and 3 others have already reserved, but If anyone still needs accommodations, I still have an extra pull out couch at the condo in Mission Viejo. Cost depends on the amount of nights you’ll be staying. All 4 nights will run you $230 CAD which is just over $50 a night. Here is a link to the place https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/18781199  it’s about 15 mins from the tournament and a ride will be provided to and from the tournament. The Condo is fully outfitted so grocery shopping and home cooked meals is a good possibility to lighten the load on the pocket book. email me if interested. absolutelywartorn@gmail.com

• '17 '16 Customizer

Rules are on the main post in the way of pics, any questions feel free to ask, everything has been gone over in vids, but I know that might be a hassle, so again, feel free to ask any questions.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

This is a premiere event!  Wish I could attend.

• '17 '16 Customizer

@Gargantua:

This is a premiere event!  Wish I could attend.

Bummer brother, we’ll meetup again soon, even if I gotta go to you!

Hey Sired,

Corpo24 and I printed out your notecards and tested out your tournament rules yesterday for a full game. It was a lot of fun! We may wind up playing some games in the tournament format even when we’re just doing casual pickup games. I especially like the way the railroad movement makes it possible to launch and complete multiple invasions within the 8-round turn limit. The railroads are limited enough that you can’t just pick up a massive stack of infantry and teleport it to the center of the board, but they’re useful enough that you can actually get significant forces across Poland, Siberia, China, etc. in just a few turns, leading to a more dynamic, complex, and interesting set of front lines. Less mindless marching, more tactics, and an overall faster pace to the game. Thank you very much for developing and sharing all of this!

I wanted to make sure we got one detail right about the technology rules. It sounds like the major powers start at Phase I for one technology, and can pay 4 IPCs to raise that to Phase II on turn 1. Then, on turn 2, they can pay another 4 IPCs to raise that to Phase III. Then, on turn 3, they roll a die. Assuming the die isn’t a 6, they can pay the value shown on the die (call it 3 IPCs for the sake of argument) to advance to Phase H. Finally, at the start of turn 4, they can pay 1 IPC per die to roll some dice to try to achieve the technology, which would then kick in immediately. If a major power wanted to develop a second tech, they could not start development until turn 5, at which point they would pay another 4 IPCs to get the new technology to Phase I. The technology would hit Phase II on turn 6, Phase III on turn 7, and then you would need to roll a 6 to develop the second tech on turn 8…otherwise turn 8 just lets you move the second technology to Phase H, and then the game ends before you can advance the tech off of Phase H and have it actually take effect.

So, unless you roll a 6 on at least one of your two advance-from-Phase III die rolls, it’s not possible to discover two technologies within the standard 8-round turn limit. Is that correct?

And, to discover even one technology, even as a major power, you will typically need to pay about 14 IPCs: 4 to move to Phase II, 4 to move to Phase III, 3 (or whatever is shown on the die) to move to Phase H, and about 3 more (depending on how lucky you feel) to get some dice to roll to try to move from Phase H to achieving the technology. A minor power would need to pay about 18 IPCs, because in addition to all the above costs, they would also have to pay 4 IPCs to get to Phase I in the first place. Is that correct?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m