Inaccuracies with the Eastern Territories of the Soviet Union/Global 1940 map

• @Patchman123:

@SS:

Well I thank the people That make these maps and if something’s not right oh well I don’t have the time or sources to make my own maps.
    If there’s stuff you don’t like then by all means fix it yourself.
    😉

I have my own maps for download if you want them, I have modified A&A Europe to have Bessarabia moved to its correct location and so on.

Im good. I don’t use G40 map. Thanks

• @SS:

@Patchman123:

@SS:

Well I thank the people That make these maps and if something’s not right oh well I don’t have the time or sources to make my own maps.
    😉

I have my own maps for download if you want them, I have modified A&A Europe to have Bessarabia moved to its correct location and so on.

Im good. I don�t use G40 map. Thanks

What do you use then?

• @Patchman123:

@SS:

@Patchman123:

@SS:

😉

What do you use then?

This map I use for my 40 game and HBG 39

http://www.mediafire.com/?f5hpt6bws4gylpz

• @SS:

@Patchman123:

@SS:

@Patchman123:

@SS:

😉

There’s a few problems with the map you have presented me. For one, Bangladesh did not exist until 1971, after it gained independence from Pakistan. It only existed after 1971, after it ceased being “East Pakistan” and instead became Bangladesh.

What do you use then?

I have something better. I got rid of the Canadian maple leaf roundel because that was not adopted until 1946, well after World War II and the Canadians (RCAF) used the British roundel during World War II. I changed the Dutch roundel to the Dutch flag roundel made famous in the East Indies that the Dutch used to denote the fact that they were at war and thus, no longer a neutral country, but in fact a member of the Allied powers.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/utpmq6b7f3zoiu6/Global_1940_Sec_Ed.jpg

• '17 '16 '15

heh heh '46 for the Leaf ? No Way ! C’mon Canada! Defend your honor :)

• @Patchman123:

@SS:

@Patchman123:

@SS:

@Patchman123:

@SS:

😉

There’s a few problems with the map you have presented me. For one, Bangladesh did not exist until 1971, after it gained independence from Pakistan. It only existed after 1971, after it ceased being “East Pakistan” and instead became Bangladesh.

What do you use then?

I have something better. I got rid of the Canadian maple leaf roundel because that was not adopted until 1946, well after World War II and the Canadians (RCAF) used the British roundel during World War II. I changed the Dutch roundel to the Dutch flag roundel made famous in the East Indies that the Dutch used to denote the fact that they were at war and thus, no longer a neutral country, but in fact a member of the Allied powers.

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

@Patchman123:

@SS:

@Patchman123:

@SS:

@Patchman123:

@SS:

😉

What do you use then?

I like the additional islands on the map, including Corsica, but with regards to the new Caribbean islands I would just make a “Lower Antilles” island group that belongs to the UK (to also represent custodianship of French and Dutch islands).

The only other thing I’d add is to carve the Aden Protectorate out of Saudi Arabia. Not terribly strategic but adds another landing spot for aircraft.

• '17 '16

@barney:

heh heh '46 for the Leaf ? No Way ! C’mon Canada! Defend your honor :)

I remembering an old punk song which said :“I’m proud to be a Canadian, pass me my beer. I’m proud to be a Canadian pass me another beer…”
    I know there is another sentence but cannot remember what it was and which group sang this song.

• @Narvik:

I guess the map designers made all this mistakes on purpose, just to start an extra conflict inside the original conflict, man. Dont tell me they made the map wrong seven times in a row just by accident, I dont buy that, man.

I love how Narvik says man after every sentence.  It carries with it an air of sincerity and character.
    :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m