[Global 1940] New turn order

• '16

How far back do you want to go?

Would it unbalance the game badly if the British and French kicked off the game with a non-combat move to give them the option of consolidating their forces? I’m afraid it would. Historically, budget constraints, faulty intelligence reports, and (probably most of all) fear of another apocalyptic blood-letting stayed the British from reinforcing Singapore and the French from invading Germany when Hitler remilitarized the Rhineland.

It would be possible to place Italy ahead of the British in the turn order, but it seems as if that would only serve to strengthen the Axis by allowing Italy to group its naval units. The same problem arises on the other side if you adjust the size of the Royal Navy and French Navy and concentrates. At some point, you just get murder balls that are effectively immune from attack by anything but Strategic Bombers.

Should the Soviets go first so they can sweep the Finns and decide on war with Japan? I feel like I’ve heard a fair number of Axis & Allies players disdain a big Russo-Japanese war as ahistorical.

• @Trenacker:

How far back do you want to go?

Would it unbalance the game badly if the British and French kicked off the game with a non-combat move to give them the option of consolidating their forces? I’m afraid it would. Historically, budget constraints, faulty intelligence reports, and (probably most of all) fear of another apocalyptic blood-letting stayed the British from reinforcing Singapore and the French from invading Germany when Hitler remilitarized the Rhineland.

It would be possible to place Italy ahead of the British in the turn order, but it seems as if that would only serve to strengthen the Axis by allowing Italy to group its naval units. The same problem arises on the other side if you adjust the size of the Royal Navy and French Navy and concentrates. At some point, you just get murder balls that are effectively immune from attack by anything but Strategic Bombers.

Should the Soviets go first so they can sweep the Finns and decide on war with Japan? I feel like I’ve heard a fair number of Axis & Allies players disdain a big Russo-Japanese war as ahistorical.

Except everyone seems to forget the unofficial war that took place in Mongolia.

• '16

The people who dissent are generally down on the idea of a Japanese attack that drives all the way to Moscow. They want to simulate the war as it was fought.

• @Trenacker:

The people who dissent are generally down on the idea of a Japanese attack that drives all the way to Moscow. They want to simulate the war as it was fought.

In that case, Mongolia should already be in the game on USSR side. They fought for the Soviets until the end of the war.

• After play testing some…I came to the conclusion France needs to BB and a Destroyer…1 BB makes no difference…thoughts so far

• @Leatherneckinlv:

After play testing some…I came to the conclusion France needs to BB and a Destroyer…1 BB makes no difference…thoughts so far

I am curious, how does Italy or Germany react to that battleship?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m