Find league opponents here

• Looking for a game of G40 no tech, PM if interested.

• '17

Looking for a game of G40 against one of the following players:

infrastructure
    hobo
    tyzoq
    arathorn
    stalingradski
    unknown soldier
    captain walker

• '19 '13

@wheatbeer:

infrastructure
    hobo
    tyzoq
    arathorn
    stalingradski
    unknown soldier
    captain walker

I sent you a PM

• TripleA

Well, I guess I’m ready for another game (or two). Looking for a G40 league game, no tech. preferably against tier 1 or 2 (as long as you’re not currently playing in the XDAP tournament). New foes always welcomed :)

• @wheatbeer:

infrastructure
    hobo
    tyzoq
    arathorn
    stalingradski
    unknown soldier
    captain walker

wheat - I’d be happy to play after a couple of my current games are finished…  :-)

• '17

@Stalingradski:

wheat - I’d be happy to play after a couple of my current games are finished…  :-)

Certainly, I just picked up a couple games, but when you’re ready it’s likely some of my older matches will be completed.

Also I am eager to test out the reroll system that you and Infrastructure use (seems a good remedy to extreme dice that is superior to playing low luck), if you’re willing to use it with other people (and explain the details).

• '19 '13

@wheatbeer:

@Stalingradski:

Certainly, I just picked up a couple games, but when you’re ready it’s likely some of my older matches will be completed.

Also I am eager to test out the reroll system that you and Infrastructure use (seems a good remedy to extreme dice that is superior to playing low luck), if you’re willing to use it with other people (and explain the details).

I’m also interested in hearing about this dice reroll solution - please let me know.

• '13

@arathorn:

@wheatbeer:

@Stalingradski:

I’m also interested in hearing about this dice reroll solution - please let me know.

I am interested too

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

@UnknownSoldier:

@arathorn:

@wheatbeer:

@Stalingradski:

I am interested too

As someone who thinks the Marti server is NOT RANDOM, i would be interested too.

• Looking for G40 game.  PM your bid to me.

• Well, after a couple of beat-downs, I got a win finally. With that, all my games are over and I am looking to add. I will be playing at a slightly slower pace than before (which was multiple turns a day). So - if anyone looking for a game - yeah, I am tier 3 :)

MM

• looking for a game……pm me…

• '21 '19 '18 '17 '16

I’m looking to start a few more games, but not as many as I had going on before.  I’ve got one game on hold with  Atease, three games going on with Whackamatt, PGMatt and Tcnance, and am ready to start games 11 through 14.

PGmatt (once, second in progress)
    Atease (once)
    Whackamatt (once, second in progress)
    Seththenewb (once)
    Karl7 (once, went 22 rounds :) )
    TCnance (first in progress)
    Hank13 (once)
    Wheatbeer (once)

I have a new bidding system.
    Tier 1 opponents, Allies and 13.  UK sub off Egypt, ANZAC transport off New Zealand in sea zone 63
    Tier 2 opponents, Allies and 9.  UK sub off Egypt, UK infantry in Egypt.
    Tier 3 opponents, Allies and 6.  UK sub off Egypt
    Tier 4 opponents, Allies or coin flip.

Send me a message, I’ll send back my email address for the dice server.

Thanks

• looking for a game

tech no but can be if someone insists.

• Looking to start a second game. No tier ranking yet and relatively new to game so please be patient with me!

• Who wants to play a league game??? Pm me, I have night off of work and time on my hands!

• @Karl7:

@UnknownSoldier:

@arathorn:

@wheatbeer:

@Stalingradski:

I am interested too

As someone who thinks the Marti server is NOT RANDOM, i would be interested too.

Karl, UnknownSoldier, Arathorn, Wheatbeer - sorry for no answer! I haven’t looked back at this thread in a while.

Infrastructure and I use a bunch of different house rules when we play face to face, and have tried to adapt as much as possible to online play using TripleA. I’ll briefly outline both, with some variants, and get into more detail if asked - we could move the thread if we happen to get a good back and forth going.

Face to face LL variant(s): We count pips, and the first 8 pips qualify as a hit + the carryover rolled, no matter how big the battle. So 3 infantry and a fighter on offense means you roll as normal, but 5 infantry and a fighter means you get a hit and a roll of 2 (the carryover). 15 infantry and a fighter means a hit, 9 1’s, and a 3 for the fighter.

The reason for the 8 pip qualifier is to differentiate from standard 6 pip LL. And small battles still get rolled. The idea is that the larger battles tend to have variance diminished to a small degree, but small battles still need to be rolled, keeping the element of dice very much alive.

The downside is that we’ve both learned to game our own system to some degree - so if we really need to make sure we take a territory, we bring the right amount of units to guarantee a hit.

But what you’re really asking about is a reroll system for online games: Firstly, we tend to establish a set of rules and agree before the game. We also tend to continue the evolution, so the system we’re using right now might look a little different next game… he and I have been playing each other for almost 20 years (good god), so we find it to be part of the fun  :-)

Our current rule involves the size of the variance - we use the built in battle calculator to determine the outcome. A variance of over 30 IPCs from the norm allows either side to spend 10 IPCs from any power you have involved in the battle to reroll using straight LL. It’s a very simple system, but 10 IPCs is a pretty good chunk of cash. 30 IPCs in variance is actually quite rare, considering most land battles aren’t that large and don’t tend to go too crazy. But in large air and naval battles, it can happen more frequently.

The reroll system can’t really be gamed - it’s pretty cut and dried - lose enough extra money, pay a price, and deal with whatever comes out in the LL roll. Is it possible that the battle ends up going really well for the person who originally had the bad luck? Yes. But we accept this potential going in - we’re both playing by the same rules so its ok.

Ultimately, it ends up being downside protection for both of us, and keeps a perfectly good game from going south in a hurry due to a single wacky battle. Both of us have come to the point that we don’t want to sink tons of hours into a game, just to have the result dictated by one set of rolls from hell. If we were looking for that in our gaming experience, we’d play Risk or just shoot dice in the parking lot.

• '12

If cow used this system he would have a much tougher time winning!  :-P

• '19 '18

Hi there.

I’m looking for a G40 opponent. Please PM me.

• Hi, I’d like a G40 opponent, please PM if you are interested in a game. (Full disclosure it will be my first play by forum game so bear with me if I ask stupid questions)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m