Not enough units.. How many more?

• I got two copies. That should hold me over until Europe and Pacific are rereleased. They should have all the new pieces and I’ll get two copies each.

• TripleA '12

I’m thinking about getting another copy of this game… if only for some extra Tiger Tanks. Because I painted all of my Japanese Tigers black and now have 10 black Tigers, it’s still only just enough to cover the initial set up for Germany in the 1942SE game. Which means that the German player would not be able to purchase any tanks on his/her 1st turn if the Soviet Union did not kill any of the German tanks already in the field. Hmmm, not good…

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '12

And it’s also nice because you can add the 4 pack and 6 pack of dice from 41 and 42 2nd to AA50 because they are the same, or vice-versa.  Angels 20 dice are also the same dice as AA50.

• I am tempted to buy another. £25 is so reasonable a price. Makes the others seem overpriced!
    Especially as I still do not have my Cool Stuff copy. Tracker says(30 hours ago): Payment of charges. Item being held, addressee being notified.
    Should I worry?

• I bought three copies of 1941, but just one copy of 1942.  I might get additional 1942s, but first I want to see what’s in the upcoming second editions of Europe 1940 and Pacific 1940 because it’s possible 1942 contains no sculpts that aren’t also in the two 1940 games.

• Customizer

So they say new Anzacs and new transports in the 1940SE games.
    I am guessing the new transports for the commonwealth are Bren/Universal Carriers.
    New anzacs may be just infantry in digger hats since they used mostly US/British weapons in the active theaters of war much like how the Canadians used US/British weapons instead of their home brew RAM tanks.
    The Anzacs better not get Sentinels as Crusaders are more useful.
    Then again, who knows? The Japanese got Tigers and 190s. The Kikka was practically the Me262 jet and would have been somewhat common to both the Germans and Japanese late in the war.

All I Know is by the time the new Globals come out you could practically outfit each country with a country specific piece for each weapon and some even get multiple types.

If I didn’t have the collection I have now, I would buy 1942,1941, and 1942SE.
    You would have more than enough pieces to play each game and have country specific pieces.
    Who would ever have a gaming day where you would be playing all 3 simultaneously?
    All 3 would also cost less than what the old 1940 global game went for at retail prices and you would have basically 2 different game types to play with.

One last thing I want to add. Even though this 1941 game has few pieces, it more than makes up for it in the quality of the individual pieces. It truly is worth getting just for the parts alone or as a great pairing for 1942SE.
    Both games get you all the pieces you will ever need to play either one.

At the risk of sounding like a McDonalds commercial, I’m lovin’ it

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@CWO:

I bought three copies of 1941, but just one copy of 1942.� I might get additional 1942s, but first I want to see what’s in the upcoming second editions of Europe 1940 and Pacific 1940 because it’s possible 1942 contains no sculpts that aren’t also in the two 1940 games.

This is what I did as well. I’m using the new pieces to build the “ultimate anniversary edition”. I’m hoping the new G40 editions will at least have the new artillery and AAA since it pioneered the rules for them.

Also, on the dice– Chessex 16mm rounded corner are perfect matches for the current dice ( 41, 42, AA50). Just bought white w/ black and grey w/ black. Now I have 4 matching levels of dice in AA appropriate color schemes.

Cool, I like those dice!!!

• Customizer

sgtwiltan,
    When they say new transports, I’m pretty sure they are talking about the transport ships. The Bren/Universal carriers would fit more as a Mech Inf piece.
    Since the 1940 games include Mech Inf, it would be really cool if they did have the Bren carriers for UK and ANZAC.

I got myself several copies of 1941 so I have plenty of Tigers, He111s, P-40s, etc. I’m only keeping the pieces that are country correct and selling the ones that are in wrong country colors on eBay (tan and green IS-2s, black Japanese ships, etc.). So far, a few people have taken an interest. Probably just not as picky as I am.
    I also got a few copies of 1942 2e for extra pieces too. Yeah, it’s kind of expensive but I really wanted a good amount of the new sculpts. Hopefully I will make some of my money back selling extra pieces off. Thank God there are other piece junkies out there.

I also like the dice with the rounded corners. I wish the FMG Combat Dice were like that. I just love the combat dice and can’t imagine playing A&A without them.

@hkytown1:

Cool, I like those dice!!!

Just for you guys, here’s a pic. I’ll bring them with me to Pacificon at the end of the month for you to see if you like. White ones are CHX 25601. Grey ones are CHX 25610.

AADice2.jpg

Oh yea!  Those are cool.  They sell those in four or six packs?

• Wondering why you prefer round cornered dices?

@hkytown1:

Oh yea!  Those are cool.  They sell those in four or six packs?

Mine came in 12 packs for about 6 bucks on Amazon.

@texasranger97:

Wondering why you prefer round cornered dices?

The look a bit nicer to me, feel better in the hand. I’m thinking about getting some nice marbled ones for my AA50 game.

Yes, those dice are “Aesthetically Pleasing.”

I dig the grey and black ones…looks like something Al Davis would have used but he is dead.

• @hkytown1:

Yes, those dice are “Aesthetically Pleasing.”

I dig the grey and black ones…looks like something Al Davis would have used but he is dead.

I use them all the time

• these are the dice I have to choose from:

• @Scarapis:

these are the dice I have to choose from:

let me be the first to say:  Oh. My. God.

As a A&A, D&D, WH40K, and pretty much anything else with an acronym and dice involved, I thought that I had a lot of dice.

I even have a friend that collects dice, and HE doesn’t have half as many as you have!

Wow. Just, Wow

Wow Scar, that looks like a bad dream…like a unicorn puked in there…I’m jealous.

• i put all my D6s in a Crown Royal bag. I used to have a second Crown Royal bag with all my other dice, but that bag got lost or stolen.

• Funny thing is that is not all my dice, I have a few hundred in another container or two or three, plus all the dice in my games.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m