• @P-Unit:

Excuse my ignorance, what rulebooks is this a comparison of?

It’s a comparison of 2 rulebooks for 1941.

• @P-Unit:

Excuse my ignorance, what rulebooks is this a comparison of?

They are both versions of the rule books for the new A&A: 1941 game.

• Interesting. My rulebook is the one on the right, and my pieces match the profiles.

• What are the differences in the rulebooks?

• Why are there two versions?

• Which is newer?

• What the heck happened here?  lol

• TripleA '12

I am thinking of being a second copy of AA1941 very soon, and when I get it I will go through both manuals page by page to try and find any discrepancies. I will report my findings back here…

• Hi Loz. I paid the £19 import tax on my second one and have sold it(at cost ) to a good friend, who is going to take it to university and play with his flatmates.
    I like it, but do not need two.

• TripleA '12

Hi Leo, I appreciate that mate. I just want more pieces so that the game is playable (need more Destroyers and Submarines). And I reckon at twenty quid off Amazon I can afford it. I’ll give the 2nd copy to my mate Jon (with some pieces from older games in it) 'cause he’s hooked on A&A now - you can tell by the dull look in his eyes nowadays that only ever light up when you mention a game of A&A to him.

• I have spent many a day like that: my mind on Eastern conquests, adding up purchases or writing down where my units were when away from a game.
    The A&A blank, but longing look.
    I considered asking my friend if I could have the Tigers in exchange for Panthers, but he is a keen WW2 historian and model painter, so will not spoil it for him.

• @P-Unit:

Interesting. My rulebook is the one on the right, and my pieces match the profiles.

• Which is newer?

Anyone know the answers to these? I find it odd that there are two different rulebooks for a game that was just released.

• @P-Unit:

Interesting. My rulebook is the one on the right, and my pieces match the profiles.

• Which is newer?

sorry for taking to long to respond to this, to answer your questions:

1: only the silhouettes shown above are differant

2: to change the silhouettes to match the actual pieces
    3: one on right I think ?
    4: who knows, one will be highly prized and collectible due to its limited run the other, meh.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I think “highly prized” will become “quickly forgotten”.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m