Looking for beta testers for the next version of TripleA

• Customizer

I’m preparing to release the next version of TripleA (1.6) sometime soon, like in 1 week.

It is basically going to be the same as TripleA 1.5.2.1, except with lots of little bug fixes (like movement validation, etc), and technology completely recoded (for all maps, not just Global 1940).

Because it is a new release, I will not be releasing it to everyone on the forum as the recommended download.  Instead, I would like some people to test it first, make sure stuff works properly.

I’m looking for volunteers who would like to test the next TripleA for me, and report on any bugs found, etc.

Responsibilities and Goals are:
    1. Play the game just like your normally play games on TripleA.  Report any bugs found.
    2. Try to break the game, or do crazy stuff or things that don’t normally happen in most A&A games.  Things like attacking with a carrier full of allied aircraft, etc etc.  
    3. Test out the new things I’ve done, like Technology.  Make sure each tech works properly in a variety of situations.  Especially test out complex and new technologies, like the new Mech Inf tech, in a variety of different battles.

List of volunteers so far:
    Lozmoid
    P@nther
    Gargantua
    Degrasse
    Ol’ Blood&Guts
    Make_It_Round
    seththenewb

(I will send you a private copy of the newest version of Global 1940 specifically to use with 1.6)

thx,
    veqryn

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Count me in.

• Customizer

[quote author=Gargantua link=topic=27507.msg968963#msg968963 date=1338818696]
    Count me in.
    [/quote]

Thanks Garg!

I’m hoping to get at least 10 volunteers.

This is a great way to help out TripleA without having to much more than play games on it….

• TripleA '12

Oh cool, I’m really looking forward to this!  :-)

What A&A games can we expect to be testing on there?

• Customizer

[quote author=Lozmoid link=topic=27507.msg969952#msg969952 date=1338977810]
    Oh cool, I’m really looking forward to this!  :-)

What A&A games can we expect to be testing on there?
    [/quote]

Global 1940 Alpha Final

(And any other games you want to play.  They should all still work just like they did before.)

• Customizer

Seems I am ahead of schedule on the next version.  I could even release it this weekend.

We need at least 3 more people willing to help test……

Panther, Garg, do you want to try recruiting a few people?

• @Veqryn:

Seems I am ahead of schedule on the next version.  I could even release it this weekend.

We need at least 3 more people willing to help test……

Panther, Garg, do you want to try recruiting a few people?

I’m going to ask some people with whom I have some games running.
    I’m looking forward on testing the new release :-)

• Ooops, what happened to the code?
    (Code issue has been solved.)

• Sign me up too  :-)

• Count me in!

Looking forward to it,

M_I_R

• I’m in.

• Customizer

awesome, we have 7 now.  maybe we can get to 10 in the next few days?

• '21 '19 '18 '17 '16

I’m game to try.  :-D

Degrasse

• btw, will the new version solve the infrastructure in China not being removed when it’s liberated? Nothing happens when an ally takes back an original Chinese terr. Minors are destroyed if China itself takes the terr. But Naval and Air bases don’t poof either.

• Customizer

@seththenewb:

btw, will the new version solve the infrastructure in China not being removed when it’s liberated? Nothing happens when an ally takes back an original Chinese terr. Minors are destroyed if China itself takes the terr. But Naval and Air bases don’t poof either.

Only factories go poof.  Naval and Air bases never go poof.  This works correctly right now.
    When China conquers them, they go poof.  This works correctly right now.
    When other nations liberate a Chinese territory for china, that has a factories, they go poof too.  This does not work, and it is also way too difficult to code, so you will have to use edit mode.  I’ll add it to the list of stuff for edit mode.

• Just read it in the FAQ, so that makes sense as far as the NB & ABs are concerned.

I’m not a programmer and haven’t touched it since some very very basic C++ in high school, but couldn’t you do some sort of check at the end of each turn? Something like

If terrstatus = China AND terrminor = True THEN terrminor = False

Obviously I’m taking a wild stab at some of the values you’ve assigned and this wouldn’t fly in computer language. But the concept is the same right? How do you get majors to convert to minors when taken or minors upgrading to majors when US goes to war?

• Customizer

@seththenewb:

Just read it in the FAQ, so that makes sense as far as the NB & ABs are concerned.

I’m not a programmer and haven’t touched it since some very very basic C++ in high school, but couldn’t you do some sort of check at the end of each turn? Something like

If terrstatus = China AND terrminor = True THEN terrminor = False

Obviously I’m taking a wild stab at some of the values you’ve assigned and this wouldn’t fly in computer language. But the concept is the same right? How do you get majors to convert to minors when taken or minors upgrading to majors when US goes to war?

You got me thinking about alternative ways of doing this.  After I was thinking I would have to make something new in the engine, which I am loathe to do over such a small issue.
    However, I might be able to do a check like the check for USA factories.

Am I correct in saying that this whole issue only matters for 3 territories: Manchuria, Shantung, and Kiangsu ??

• Yes, those are the only 3 China terr that Japan can build minors on. Glad my memory of my old high school programming came in handy.

• Customizer

1.6 is done.  I will upload it tomorrow.

I will also pass out version 3.0 of Global 1940 Alpha Final.

• @Veqryn:

1.6 is done.  I will upload it tomorrow.

I will also pass out version 3.0 of Global 1940 Alpha Final.

Great! Looking forward to it!
    Thank you! :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m