• Do units that were hit by naval bombardments during Amphibious Assaults get a chance to return fire on the attacking landing units.

Thank you

• Yes, they do.

• '14

they do?

• '14

yup there it is:

Page# 18
    Step 2. Battleship and Cruiser Bombardment:
    Roll one die for each battleship and cruiser that can
    conduct bombardment. Battleships hit on a die roll of “4”
    or less, and cruisers hit on a “3” or less. For each hit, the
    defender will move a defending unit behind the casualty
    strip. These casualties will be able to defend during the
    land combat step before they are eliminated.

This is out of the G40 rule book though assuming all 42 has the same rules

• @wartorn:

This is out of the G40 rule book though assuming all 42 has the same rules

Correct, in 42 second ed. you will find this rule on page 15.

• Excellent!

Thanks guys.

I have read the manual for 42.2 twice but still need some verifications on stated rules.

This is an great forum….me thinks a donation is required.

• '17 '16 '15 '14

So, what happens if the defending units get more hits than the invading units are able to absorb?  Do the bombarding ships take hits?  Are they at risk?

• @craykirk:

So, what happens if the defending units get more hits than the invading units are able to absorb?  Do the bombarding ships take hits?  Are they at risk?

No - when the invading units are all killed the battle is over - the ships do not get hit.

• '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

I have one more question.

if there are 2 transport in a sea zone as well as 2 warship, but only 1 transport unload the troops to the land territory, will this land receive 1 or 2 ambitious attack?

I thought it’s one, but recently when I play in TripleA I got 2 ambitious attack, if I remember correctly.  is this supposed to be the case?

• @innohub:

I have one more question.

if there are 2 transport in a sea zone as well as 2 warship, but only 1 transport unload the troops to the land territory, will this land receive 1 or 2 ambitious attack?

I thought it’s one, but recently when I play in TripleA I got 2 ambitious attack, if I remember correctly.  is this supposed to be the case?

I think you are talking about offshore bombardment, don’t you?
    Yes, that’s correct, as long as the warships are Cruisers/Battleships, because you unload two units and have two warships capable of offshore bombardment then:

@rulebook:

The number of battleships and cruisers that can bombard during an amphibious assault is limited to one ship per land unit being offloaded from the transports in that coastal territory.

• '17 '16

@innohub:

I like this terms: “ambitious attack”, even if it is misspelled from “amphibious” it said quite about what it takes to accomplish it.
    Quite an exact slip of tongue!
    :-D :-D :-D

• '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

:lol: :lol: :lol: Just realized I had a spelling mistake.
    @P@nther Thanks for the clarification.

• @Baron:

I like this terms: “ambitious attack”, even if it is misspelled from “amphibious” it said quite about what it takes to accomplish it.

If we throw in an additional typo, we’d get an interesting title for a house rule discussion thread: “Should it be possible to use unclear weapons to support an ambiguous assault?”

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m