• @Hobbes:

@squirecam:

I could not post Tac pics because they were too large to attach.

I apologize for the map pics quality. To make up for it…here is Velvet Sky…

Please tell us that she comes included with the game…

If she did I’d be playing it 24/7.

• Customizer

Looks as though the Quebec/new Brunswick/ eastern us boundary wasn’t corrected. I suspect that means we shouldn’t hold our breath for any map corrections on the pacific side. So disappointing. Especially when it would be so easy to do with the original files.

• @hkytown1:

Velvet Sky definatly has two engines.

You should check the bomb bay as well.

• @Hobbes:

@hkytown1:

Velvet Sky definatly has two engines.

You should check the bomb bay as well.

Since she’s more of a bombshell than a bomber, so she would qualify as payload rather than as an aircraft.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

How am I going to make do with ONLY 2 engines?

I am so used to four…

• The national production marker along the top makes no sense to include in this game…  either it’s correct for pacific (and incorrect for global - adding 40 to each - simple enough but a visual flub) or correct for global and incorrect for pacific game.  It’s as unnecessary as including the 50 on west US in the 1st edition when it would have no meaning for the global game (please be gone, please be gone, please be gone).

But at least this time they didn’t print the markers for starting income, so if someone miscounted on the setup boxes/board ala 41 and 42, it’s not permanently wrong on the board.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '12

Bummer,  same crappy European country boarders.

Thanks again for the pics squire.

Maybe things will improve in the THIRD edition… lol.

We might not be too impressed, but consider comparing 2nd edition, to 1st edition OOB…

The alpha changes change EVERYTHING about the game!  We should be greatful it made it to print.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '12

Yes. I am very gratefull considering I missed out on the first editions.

Well if you decide to change your mind, a good friend of mine selling her first edition - pictured below.

• Customizer

@kcdzim:

The national production marker along the top makes no sense to include in this game…� either it’s correct for pacific (and incorrect for global - adding 40 to each - simple enough but a visual flub) or correct for global and incorrect for pacific game.� It’s as unnecessary as including the 50 on west US in the 1st edition when it would have no meaning for the global game (please be gone, please be gone, please be gone).

But at least this time they didn’t print the markers for starting income, so if someone miscounted on the setup boxes/board ala 41 and 42, it’s not permanently wrong on the board.

I agree that its a visual flub.  Completely glaring on 1941 and E40.2. I’m still hoping (delusionally I might add) that the Pacific chart starts off at 41 and goes to 80. I think that would be better than 2 charts going each going to 40. Or worse yet a Pacific chart that is 2 rows deep to get to USA’s at war income.

• Charts suck.  Money is better.

• Anybody else find it ironic that the longest thread on the 1942.2 board is about a different edition of AA?  :?

• So Charles, maybe I should open my copies of Europe and Pacific 2nd Edition and see what lies within?
    Congratulations on your victory in AA50.
    Carl
    @squirecam:

Great to meet you at Gencon !

Just so we are clear, the tournament we won was AA50, not global. But I do have a copy of Europe 40 2nd ed. My partner sold the Pacific version, but I can report no new countries were added and the map lines were drawn much clearer. Seemed more “glossy” in color. �

I am happy to open G40 and answer any Q about changes, just give me a day to unwind.

Also congrats on your finish. Walt is a good player and I’m glad you guys hooked up and made a run at the championship.

• Customizer

Well let me get things back on track then and maybe these pics can be posted in the Global section from now on. I’ve played two games of 42.2 and it looks really cool. Axis won one and lost one. I’ve never played FTF tournaments but I will say it must be very difficult to do a Global tourney in 3 days with standard win conditions. I’m glad 42.2 went over well. I’d like to make to this con some year, time and finances willing.

• @Vangal. Please do. I have been hoping Japan has been weakened in Pacific only by the inclusion of a rule forcing them to hold some troops back in Manchuria/Korea to represent the fear of a Russian attack there.
    Would you look at the rules for me?
    Thank you. And how have you not opened the boxes yet?

• Customizer

@Gargantua:

How am I going to make do with ONLY 2 engines?

I am so used to four…

You get 2 “planes” with 2 engines each to make four. That works quite nicely, hee hee hee hee.

• @knp7765:

You get 2 “planes” with 2 engines each to make four. That works quite nicely, hee hee hee hee.

An idea not unlike the concept of creating a two-engine aircraft by putting two copies of an existing single-engine aircraft side-by-side…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P-82_Twin_Mustang
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messerschmitt_Me_609

…though I think it’s not exactly aeronautical engineering that’s being discussed in this particular case.

• I think Garg was showing off his single status. Very immature.

• uk - 1

2012-08-23_08-40-37_367.jpg

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m