• With the initial set-up of Germany & France, I’ve noticed, in case of Germany, no infantry units remained after initial game set-up. It seems this will become a serious issue when following situations will arise:

1. Invasion of hostile territory will require an Infantry unit

2. An army in a territory must contain at least one infantry unit (Rule-book Page 15 -Phase 2: Movement)

3. Contested situation will require 1 infantry unit

This situation will become more critical at the European theater, I’ve noticed at the end of the initial set-up two countries hugely affected with unit shortage would be British Empire & Germany, as by the time all infantry units will be used up.

I had already mailed the Support team, this is what they have to say:

Hello,

Thanks for contacting Wizards of the Coast Customer Service! Unfortunately we no longer support A&A 1914, our Product Replacement team no longer has pieces for this version of the game. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Joseph‍
    Wizards of the Coast | Customer Service Representative

Where can the additional set be brought? At ebay.com did not find replacement set for Germany, UK & Austria-Hungary

• HBG should be releasing new series of sculpts for WW1. IN fact, i would leapfrog the development of WW1 over the would be next game which looks like 2025 Meltdown.

People are way more inclined to support financially a game about some event that actually occurred, than hypothetical. If i were them i would get Global 1914 going

• @debjyoti1981 Just so you know, HBG is Historical Board Gaming, one of our sponsors and they sell Axis & Allies related parts and games.

http://www.historicalboardgaming.com

• @djensen yes know about them, but their international shipping is a bit expensive, is there anyplace else where the miniatures can be bought? I did purchase some from ebay however units for Germany & Austria are not available…

• Founder TripleA Admin

@debjyoti1981 Okay, just making sure. :smile: What a lot of people do is just buy a second set. What I do is pilfer a few units from an A&A game I no longer play, like Spring 1942 first edition.

Usually after the first few rounds you don’t need those extra pieces.

• Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions, I do own Axis & Allies Anniversary, Global 1940 & do have lots of units but since WW1 goes with unique sculpts, I prefer to go with the same, a bit finicky about it, can’t help :pig: Wizards definitely has messed up while putting together the world units; 400 pieces still not sufficient…

• Btw have you tried Larry’s ‘War Room’ currently the price is a bit high for me, with shipping its coming to 270$, so totally confused whether to buy it or not, also not sure whether it will ever be listed at amazon or ebay where they offer competitive pricing.

• @debjyoti1981 You might be interested in our dedicated War Room-forum: https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/category/52/war-room

• @debjyoti1981 said in Axis & Allies WW1 Units Shortage:

With the initial set-up of Germany & France, I’ve noticed, in case of Germany, no infantry units remained after initial game set-up. It seems this will become a serious issue when following situations will arise:

1. Invasion of hostile territory will require an Infantry unit

2. An army in a territory must contain at least one infantry unit (Rule-book Page 15 -Phase 2: Movement)

3. Contested situation will require 1 infantry unit

This situation will become more critical at the European theater, I’ve noticed at the end of the initial set-up two countries hugely affected with unit shortage would be British Empire & Germany, as by the time all infantry units will be used up.

I had already mailed the Support team, this is what they have to say:

Hello,

Thanks for contacting Wizards of the Coast Customer Service! Unfortunately we no longer support A&A 1914, our Product Replacement team no longer has pieces for this version of the game. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Joseph‍
    Wizards of the Coast | Customer Service Representative

Where can the additional set be brought? At ebay.com did not find replacement set for Germany, UK & Austria-Hungary

I think I’ll point out one issue you may have missed:
    If you move all of your units out of a territory you control, you still retain control of that territory until an enemy moves into and captures it. (A&A 1914 Rule Book, pg 15).

This means that you do not need to maintain infantry in every territory you control. Now you do have to keep infantry in territories where you otherwise have troops, An army in a territory must contain at least one infantry unit. (A&A 1914 Rule Book, pg 15). But if you pull everybody out, you don’t need to leave a trail of infantry behind.

I’m not saying that A&A '14 has all of the pieces it should have, but the piece shortage is exacerbated when you leave garrisons behind when you don’t need to.

My 2 IPCs,

-Midnight_Reaper

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m