What WW2 movie would you like to see made?

• @Flashman:

Or how Bush and Blair were forced to invade Iraq to prevent Saddam’s planned attack on the west with WMDs.

Problem is, can they find an actor dumb enough to play Bush or one slimy enough to accurately portray Blair?

I’ve seen actors becoming presidents. So Yes everything is possible.

• A German soldiers life, from '39 to '45.

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

@Flashman:

Or how Bush and Blair were forced to invade Iraq to prevent Saddam’s planned attack on the west with WMDs.

Problem is, can they find an actor dumb enough to play Bush or one slimy enough to accurately portray Blair?

W is not one of Oliver Stone’s best but worth an online stream. Josh Brolin (of Goonies fame) does a decent job as Dubya.

For the topic at hand a Kursk movie would be a helluva show.

• I want someone like that to play Herman to see the ridiculousness of some ideas and faulty reading. Every scene he would get larger and his uniform would entail a greater degree of mustard and ketchup stains as he describes the starving nature of everyday Germans. I might play Hoover and cook Chickens in front of starving NAZI victims, while recanting their plight.

• You don’t like Hermann much, don’t you?

• No. He was an abject failure. Not unlike Hoover, his brother :evil:

Thats a good reason why none of these blokes ( Nazi’s) were assassinated. The Allies needed them as failures in order to guarantee the final result. If somebody other than Hitler ran things, Allies would have been in huge problems.

• @Imperious:

No. He was an abject failure. Not unlike Hoover, his brother :evil:

Thats a good reason why none of these blokes ( Nazi’s [sic]) were assassinated. The Allies needed them as failures in order to guarantee the final result. If somebody other than Hitler ran things, Allies would have been in huge problems.

You are trolling, and can’t possibly be serious about either the above post, or any of your other posts in this thread.

• '17 '16 '13 '12

A movie on the battle of the Atlantic?

• @Omega1759:

A movie on the battle of the Atlantic?

Das Boot

• Or The Cruel Sea.

I would like to see a film about the SAS or Chindits.

• i would like to see a Leyte Gulf movie…the greatest naval engagement of world war ii and maybe all of history and there is not a single film on the subject

• @ShadowHAwk:

Would love to see a movie based of the axis point of view.
    How did the japanese soldier feel, experience being dragged accross the pacific. […]
    Also would add a lot of cultural differences as well, especialy for japanese soldiers that would fight till the death.

The 1971 film The Battle of Okinawa (Gekido no showashi: Okinawa kessen) might qualify.  It’s an odd film to watch from a North American perspective because the US troops are depicted in the same “faceless enemy” manner that American films have sometimes used to depict enemy troops in various wars.  The film is in Japanese, but there are bits of English dialogue overheard fom the faceless American troops…and what makes these bits of dialogue sound almost creepy is that they are evidently being delivered by sort-of-English-speaking Japanese actors who are trying to sound like American soldiers talking in G.I. slang.  Their speech inflections are all wrong, and you can barely tell what they’re saying.  Which raises an interesting question: is this just bad movie-making, or was this how Japanese troops actually perceived the Americans during WWII?

• '17 '16

@ShadowHAwk:

Would love to see a movie based of the axis point of view.

How did the japanese soldier feel, experience being dragged accross the pacific. First the victories @ singapore and then later solomon islands and rabaul or guam or something.

Bit like the pacific but then from the other standpoint.

A lot of movies focus on the winners but really the other sides where just doing their job as well they had families and had their friends dying on them just as much.
    Also would add a lot of cultural differences as well, especialy for japanese soldiers that would fight till the death.

Letters from Iwo Jima
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51lo2dpaZ_g

The following are all recent Japanese movies, with great CGI effects available in the US either subtitled or dubbed:

Battleship Yamato
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4QWqDTCk2A

The Eternal Zero
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOE3GuFbQWM

The Admiral (Yamamoto)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBQotim_ZHA

The Emperor in August
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0uE7cCqyKw

• Try Generation War - a German TV series:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1883092

• '17 '16

@ShadowHAwk:

Not what i ment, more like a band of brothers type of series but then from the other point of view.
    Not based on the generals but really about the soldiers on the axis side.

I went off what you had said… specifically “Would love to see a movie based of the axis point of view”… that’s a direct quote from you, so I linked multiple movies based on the axis point of view… three of the five movies I listed focus on a common Japanese sailor, soldier or airman (not the generals) and how that individual saw the war, relating to his family and his viewpoint of the war (did you watch any of the trailers?). I thought I was pretty dead-on to what you asked for in the post I answered… Band of Brothers is a tv mini-series, which is very different from a movie, and you definitely didn’t mention anything about a mini-series in the post I responded to, you specifically said movie, so I did my best to answer your post. Of all of them, the Eternal Zero is pretty much EXACTLY what you ask for, it’s very common man and his problems focused, other than it being a movie vs a mini-series, but most of what I listed focus on the common axis soldier, not the generals. Sorry, I was really trying to help by linking some unknown but really high-quality movies that really focus on the common Japanese man and his viewpoint.

• @ShadowHAwk:

Not what i ment, more like a band of brothers type of series but then from the other point of view.

The 1959 German film Die Brucke (The Bridge) is a pretty harrowing film made from the perspective of a group of teenage German boys who are pressed into military service as the war is about to end.

• @CWO:

@ShadowHAwk:

The 1959 German film Die Brucke (The Bridge) is a pretty harrowing film made from the perspective of a group of teenage German boys who are pressed into military service as the war is about to end.

A good Movie with Guenther Pfitzmann. I also liked him in the movie “Hunde wollt ihr ewig leben” where he also Plays a German Soldier in the pocket of Stalingrad.

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

they should make a war depicting real german soldiers as motivated combatants instead of weak, conflicted fatalists…

Like these guys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQdDnbXXn20

(wait until they get past the tank review when the old German guys start unloading on the poor Dutch girl who confronts them about being “bad” guys)

Best quote is at the end, “War has its own laws”… leaving the dutch girl visibly stunned…

• Actually, there is one WWII movie I want to see.
    It will be a remake of the allready existing movie “Haie und kleine Fische” wich i have allready mentioned a couple of times here.

It is based on the book with the same title and needs to be split in two parts.
    It is a story about three friends who are working on a fishing boat and joining the German Kriegsmarine short after the message that a War started between Germany and Poland.

You will join them in the German Boot Camp.
    And after finishing the BC they will end up on the same boat they have served as fishermans and tried to get away from, wich is now remodelled into a minesweeper.
    In the channel ,the war is showing them his face and they loose many comrades.

In late '41 they are visiting Chassis to become officers and end up on submarines.
    The Atlantic will be their new place they operate till the end of  War.

• I would like to see a movie about kursk. It could follow the buildup and the tension, and release it in a climactic epic battle.  The movie should probably follow a german and a soviet solider who witnessed in the Battle of Prokhorovka. The entire battlearea would be filled with black smoke, and poor visibility

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m