Moderator list under each forum needs to be updated

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

@Imperious:

What we need is IL’s moderator powers removed if there are any.

The sole reason why you should never be considered for anything more.

Again we don’t need anything more in that area. Also Darth Max. takes care of games sections.

Darth Maximus hasn’t been active in a year - please get a clue.  That’s what this thread is about.  Don’t dismiss the realities being requested by this community, try helping to build it instead.

Acknowledging that Darth is inactive, Jen is semi active at best, and your moderator position will need to be stripped again. The appropriate solution is to select at least 1 alternate moderator who’s actually interested in organizing and supporting the community.

• oh that. Update. Ok with that my understanding is its time consuming for David to make changes to each forum. Thats why it has not changed in years.

At the very least i would take Yanny off as administrator, last i checked he still had that label but wasn’t with us for 10 years.

I something is wrong with something in the forums, Pm me and ill get it fixed. I follow up on stuff pretty good.

• try helping to build it instead.

What we need is IL’s moderator powers removed if there are any.

Only proves my point about you right?

I vote for Young Grasshopper if we ever add anybody. Garg has been a disaster since day one.

• ABWorsham is a good second choice IMO

I’m not asking to be a moderator IL.  I never have and never will.

As for careers in disaster - may I suggest we review your own resume of failure.

I’ve never been a moderator here, so I don’t have a record to defend.  You on the other hand have been stripped of powers on multiple occasions for abuse; and this current round of discussions about moderators was prompted by more of the same poor decision making on your part, and your general lack of manner toward the community.

I can already see your ego steaming, taking control of your mouse, and hovering your cursor over the moderation button for this post - but you are powerless to do anything because you know such an action will prove that I’m right and see you embarrassed and defrocked again.

So let’s move forward shall we? And agree that we both agree YG is an excellent candidate to support this community as a moderator.

• @Imperious:

oh that. Update. Ok with that my understanding is its time consuming for David to make changes to each forum. Thats why it has not changed in years.

At the very least i would take Yanny off as administrator, last i checked he still had that label but wasn’t with us for 10 years.

I something is wrong with something in the forums, Pm me and ill get it fixed. I follow up on stuff pretty good.

Thanks for the reply IL. It feels like we are making progress? :-)

Not sure that YG wants to do it given his earlier posting in this thread. :-(

But AB Worsham looks like a good candidate too.

My limited experience here suggests others that may have sufficient standing may be CWO Marc, Baron M, Hoffman, wittmann, Black Elk, Zhukov and so on. Of course they may or may not want to do it.

How do we move this forward? Presumably someone who understands the role needs to approach those considered suitable?

• In this context it would be interesting to know what actually is behind the roles

• Liaison
    • Organizer

What are differences/similarities…?

I mean, maybe we could have addressed a “Liaison” or an “Organzier” with issues we thought we needed a “Moderator” for…

• @Private:

My limited experience here suggests others that may have sufficient standing may be CWO Marc, Baron M, Hoffman, wittmann, Black Elk, Zhukov and so on. Of course they may or may not want to do it.

I appreciate the sentiment, but it’s not a role in which I’d consider serving.  The reason is partly because I don’t have the time to invest in this role, and partly because I’m not temperamentally suited to be a moderator.  I enjoy being involved in a good debate, but refereeing disputes is something quite different; I know that’s only part of the job of being a moderator, and maybe even only a small part of it, but I wouldn’t be comfortable doing so.

• Sponsor

@P@nther:

In this context it would be interesting to know what actually is behind the roles

• Liaison
    • Organizer

I mean, maybe we could have addressed a “Liaison” or an “Organzier” with issues we thought we needed a “Moderator” for…

I consider my Liaison role as being an ambassador for axisandallies.org

• I promote the site vigorously on my YouTube channel
    • I provide numerous links directing people to discussions formed on this site
    • I create and make available many customizations for gameplay through this site
    • I sometimes stick and unstick threads according to members wishes or my own

I do not however, wish to move threads from one forum to another, suspend accounts due to the breaking of social policies, or mediate between two bickering children. Therefore, I’m quite happy in my role as Liaison and no more.

@Young:

@P@nther:

In this context it would be interesting to know what actually is behind the roles

• Liaison
    • Organizer

I consider my Liaison role as being an ambassador for axisandallies.org

• I promote the site vigorously on my YouTube channel
    • I provide numerous links directing people to discussions formed on this site
    • I create and make available many customizations for gameplay through this site
    • I sometimes stick and unstick threads according to members wishes or my own

I do not however, wish to move threads from one forum to another, suspend accounts due to the breaking of social policies, or mediate between two bickering children. Therefore, I’m quite happy in my role as Liaison and no more.

Very well described YG, and I’m in agreement with your understanding of the role.  We’re ambassadors for A&A.org and work to promote, support, and help the community.

• Sponsor

P@NTHER has always been level headed in his dealings with members, and his role as a Rules Deputy puts his eyes in ALL the forums for easy moderation of how members are reacting to each other. That’s my nomination for what it’s worth, however, a mediator can not do their job without guidance from David Jensen regarding the policies he wishes to implement, and the way he wants his site organized.

• Was not meaning to nominate anyone. Rather to illustrate the rich pool of members we have to draw on.

P@nther is certainly another great example, but again I do not wish to nominate.

I agree with the various comments about needing to understand the role.

• CWO Marc, and Black Elk would make great representatives. I should have brought them up before.

Someone asked what an “organizer” does.

What i do is maintain the integrity of the forums by constantly checking and moving threads that are in the wrong section. I also report spam and coordinate issues within the site, reporting directly to David.

Liaisons job is to watch/report the site for problems and generally help out and promote us to new members and potential members.

• Thanks IL.

So we have a few really good suggestions as to potential candidates and no doubt there are more. I imagine the only way this can move forward is if djensen or you contact some of them?

Or let us know if there is a better way to do this.

• Sponsor

@Private:

Thanks IL.

So we have a few really good suggestions as to potential candidates and no doubt there are more. I imagine the only way this can move forward is if djensen or you contact some of them?

Or let us know if there is a better way to do this.

To be honest, I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if the same names are listed as moderators come 2018.

• You may be right YG.

However IL has been a great supporter of the forum over the years. Hopefully that will extend to moving this forward with dj.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m