• Founder TripleA Admin

@firesniper:

I would suggest to post little tips in your tweet and not posting a link to an article. The one you posted a few days ago was very good.

Tip: triple check the range of enemy fighters and bombers when leaving a transport undefended.

That’s the idea. Well, I’m going to post more than just tips on Twitter/Facebook but I need more tips so I can post regularly.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

(They might not all be 140 characters, and may need some editing)

Tip: Remember that your opponent has to defend against what you “can” do, and not just what you actually do.  So project additional threats whenever possible -@A&A.org

Tip: Always play for the money, if the money is on your side, so is time-@A&A.org

Tip: It’s ok to straight trade pieces for pieces, When you already have control over the bulk of a theatre. Think Pacific.-@A&A.org

Tip: The dice can be your worst enemy, but they can also be your best friend. But don’t be afraid to take chances. It will force your opponent to be more conservative  -@A&A.org

Tip: Move every piece every turn, or consciously decide why it’s not moving, use everything you’ve got on the board -@A&A.org

Tip: Never underestimate the power of infantry attacks, or AA gun defence.  The sheer number of dice can provide wild results. -@A&A.org

• Founder TripleA Admin

Thanks! I like them.

• Very nice Garg.

• Founder TripleA Admin

Need more of these.

• Founder TripleA Admin

Huh?

• '17 '16 Customizer

Never allow drinks or snacks on the game table. A Coke-a-Cola sunami will always end a good game.

• Oh well - I will try a few - all to be denoted as A&A.org - but do please improve them:

A player who consolidates firepower and trades adjacent territories and sea zones has the advantage against one who attempts to defend them all and dissipates his forces.

Never leave a force where it can be attacked by a stronger one. Retreat. Live to fight another day.

The number of units in a force is more important than the attack or defence power it wields. Cheaper units are therefore often the more effective purchase.

• Founder TripleA Admin

I like it. Thanks!

• I would like to add caveats a couple of tips above

@Gargantua:

Tip: Always play for the money, if the money is on your side, so is time-@A&A.org

I will forgo a few dollars to maintain position.  In my eyes, key positions are more important than a few extra IPCs for next turn.

@Private:

Never leave a force where it can be attacked by a stronger one. Retreat. Live to fight another day.

NEVER is an absolute; “most of the time” is a better rule.

There are instances where you might wat to bait your opponent into attacking your weaker forces, especially when you can afford to lose your pieces and have a counter attack set-up to kill his conquering units.

• Of course you are correct axis-roll. It is the challenge of coming up with something that is sufficiently true, insightful and challenging to warrant being a tip with only 140 characters. Why don’t you see what you can come up with yourself. :-)

And here is another one from me for djensen:

If playing in a team remember that a poor strategy well coordinated can beat a number of good strategies that are uncoordinated. Communication is key.

That slightly beats the 140 characters maximum, if you are including spaces.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m