Interest in an A&A org Tournament for Spr 42 2E???

It’s been a while since I put on a tournament but we used to do them regularly for Classic, Revised, and AA50, among some other versions/variations.
    G40 gets a lot of play in the league, but since I’m focusing on 42 2E I’d like to see if we can maybe get more activity and more games played. See some strategies in action and bids as well.

This is not an official sign-up, but I’m curious to see if there would be interest. I’m thinking if we got close to 8 players, I’d go ahead and post a signup and try and get a tourney moving.

It would be a Play By Forum (PBF) using TripleA to post turns, 72 hrs per turn (unless notice is given), auction bid for Allies (ie I bid 12, I bid 10, I bid 9, I bid 8… okay you can take the Allies with 8 ). I’ll post rest of the rules if it gets that far.

Again this is not an official sign-up, just you might consider playing.

Just add name to list
    (please copy list in your post if you reply, and add slots if needed)

If we get interest, I may sticky the post, but if no interest, I’ll just let this post fall and lock it.

1. DarthMaximus

Official sign up here:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=36252.0

• I don’t like the play by forum setup, but it’ll have to do; that being said, I think I’m in.

• '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

Sounds interesting!  Never try tournament but would give it a try

• I’m in!  :-)

1. DarthMaximus
    2. Lopsang
    3. innohub
    4. P@nther

• '17 '16 '15 '14

I’m terrible…  Put me in for some fodder…  I like the idea of giving Russia a bomber and don’t use the bid.

BTW.  I get stomped by the hard AI.  I just don’t get it…

• I don’t think I am up to this yet, so thought I’d offer to be a reserve if you are struggling for numbers. I have played three games of 1942.2 against human opponents and the current list of stellar players looks far above my rookie abilities. Hopefully you won’t need me! :-)

(I managed to beat hard AI axis last time I played as allies, but need to repeat that a few times before I know whether or not it was a fluke! Playing 1940 Global against hard AI axis seems very much easier.)

So:

1. DarthMaximus
    2. Lopsang
    3. innohub
    4. P@nther
    5. craykirk

Reserves: Private Panic

• '17 '16 '15

I’m in too. Far from an expert, but I’ll try my very best! :-D

1. DarthMaximus
    2. Lopsang
    3. innohub
    4. P@nther
    5. craykirk
    6. Geograph

Reserves: Private Panic

• I’ll play if black elk does

• 2024 '22 '21 '19 '15 '14

Been a while since I did any PBEM type stuff, could be fun. Sure, why not!
     :-D

My summer work schedule is a little heavy, since I slang BBQ to tech companies up and down the Peninsula this time of year. Seems like the cater-game is always pulling me away from more important things life, like KublaCon! so this at least would be a way to stay with it hehe.

I could manage at least 1 exchange a night. Back in the day I could pull off 2 or more exchanges, but that might be pushing it these days, since I also have a girlfriend haha. 72 hours seems pretty flexible though. I don’t know that I’ve actually used the forums at aa.org before for this stuff, but I like playing tripleA. I’ll have to brush up.

ps. There’s a new stable slated for the end of July, with the updated HardAI stuff that Redrum was working on. Might catch some interest if it kicks off around the same time.

• Just beat 1942.2 triple A hard AI Axis again, so not a fluke! Phew!

Still think it is a lot more difficult to beat 1942.2 hard AI than 1940.

Cool! :)

Looks like we have some interest, 8-9 players.  :)
    I’m going to create a new “official” sign up thread and try to get this going.  All interested players please sign-up to play in that thread as I’ll use that for the official count.

With the addition of Djensen we are up to 10.

Use the link to sign up.

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=36252.15

All players are welcome.  We are making a last push for 16 or close to it.  :-D

Should be a blast!

We are up to 14!  :-D

Latest players to sign-up:

JEB
    rmorel
    Black_Elk
    gygy

If we get to 16, I’ll probably lock down sign-ups.

Sign-up here:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=36252.30

We got 16 players.

Matchups are set.  Bidding can begin.  And as soon as that is done games can start.  :-D

Thanks to everyone who signed up.

Good luck and have fun!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m