Would the forum know if… you DIED?

• @aequitas:

I totally would have expect it from you Wittmann.
    I wish you a very long Life!

Your footprints are on this forum Panzer ace ,because of your kindness.

Long live Wittmann!! He is this site’s American Civil War Expert.  :-)

• @ABWorsham:

Long live Wittmann!! He is this site’s American Civil War Expert.Â

I second the motion.  And Wittmann’s expertise will especially come in handy if Larry (as has long been rumoured) ever produces a Civil War game.

• Thank you  guys. Kind words.
    I, of course, look forward to the day.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

I have wondered about this. Though, it is true of most of your personal stuff on the internet. If you die, who informs your associates, who else might know your passwords, who would know whom to contact about it… or even to contact someone in the first place?

I would find it rude to not inform you all of my demise. I would have my wife email or PM David Jensen and probably have him tell you guys. Just so it was a little more official. Not sure how that would even happen though.

Guys, not everyone has someone, that would be willing to inform us of their death.
    It is sad, but we may never know what has happened to someone. We just have to cherish the memories of what they brought to the community. :-)

• @John:

Guys, not everyone has someone, that would be willing to inform us of their death.
    It is sad, but we may never know what has happened to someone. We just have to cherish the memories of what they brought to the community. :-)

Well said brother!

• Because of this post, I have informed my wife upon my death to inform you all.

Her facial expression when I opened our discussion with the words, “It was brought up on the forum, upon my death……” LoL

You guys are great.

@ABWorsham:

Because of this post, I have informed my wife upon my death to inform you all.

Her facial expression when I opened our discussion with the words, “It was brought up on the forum, upon my death……” LoL

You guys are great.

I can only imagine that my wife would laugh if I asked her to do that. But she probably would oblige me if it came to it.

• You have bigger balls than me, Worsham. I have often thought: shall I ask her  to post when I  have died?
    Haven’t done as yet.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

My lady would probably kill me if I asked LOL.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

Her eyes fill with tears as she kisses you one last time and says  “I will always love you. Goodbye.”

Then you say “Please… post… my death… on axis & allies dot org.” and you shit in your pants, your eyes roll back, and your immortal soul goes to everlasting torment in the fiery furnace of HELL

• Hell is a world without A&A (and this forum).

Let us all say:
    “I promise I will never die!”

• Taking these ideas one step further, an interesting concept (about which I’m 100% kidding) would be to offer special badges to members who make a legacy donation to A&A.org through their will after their demise.  I think that fundraising people call this “planned giving”.  The catch, unfortunately, is that the deceased person would never get to enjoy seeing the badge on their account since they’d first have to die to get the badge.

All kidding aside, though, I’ve occasionally looked at my collection of A&A sculpts, built up enthusiastically over many years and stored in rows upon rows of plastic tackle boxes, and I’ve wondered: Just what the heck is going to happen to all this stuff when I die?  How can I make sure it ends up someplace where it’ll be appreciated?  Will whoever gets it have any idea that such-and-such a unit (like the Battle of the Bulge truck sculpt category) is pretty rare?  And are there any other piece junkies out there who’ve asked themselved these existential questions?

• Mine will end up sold to the lowest bidder, if I know my wife.

My only concern with my dying, as I said before, is that you guys would think: that bastard has gone and found another forum and did not have the decency to say goodbye.

• @wittmann:

Hell is a world without A&A (and this forum).

My optimistic hope is that we’ll end up in a special section of Valhalla where dedicated A&A warriors from this life can enjoy playing the game in the afterlife, which is the image (without the A&A element, of course) that Shelby Foote evokes in Volume III of his book The Civil War, a Narrative: “Who knows but it may be given to us, after this life, to meet again in the old quarters, to play chess and draughts, to get up soon to answer the morning roll call, to fall in at the tap of the drum for drill and dress parade, and again to hastily don our war gear while the monotonous patter of the long roll summons to battle? Who knows but again the old flags, ragged and torn, snapping in the wind, may face each other and flutter, pursuing and pursued, while the cries of victory fill a summer day? And after the battle, then the slain and wounded will arise, and all will be talking and laughter and cheers, and all will say: Did it not seem real? Was it not as in the old days?”

• @wittmann:

My only concern with my dying, as I said before, is that you guys would think: that b��t��d has gone and found another forum and did not have the decency to say goodbye.

You shouldn’t worry about that, in my opinion.  Your credentials as a gentleman on this forum are well established, so I’d be suprised if anyone here would attribute your sudden disappearance to anything ignoble.

• '17

@variance:

and your immortal soul goes to everlasting torment in the fiery furnace of HELL

So, God’s more of a Risk fan then?

@ABWorsham:

@John:

Well said brother!

Thanks Worsham! How have you been doing? :-)

• '17 '16 '15

@wittmann:

Hell is a world without A&A (and this forum).

Let us all say:
    “I promise I will never die!”

With all the good stuff you guys have put on here over the years that’s never going away you will all be immortal.

• Gar, then we will never know if your gone.  :x :x :x

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m