• I have a feeling we are going to be getting a great selection of pieces to use in custom global setups to use as neutral powers, communist Chinese, Spanish and what not.

Im really interested to see what the color breakdown will be.

• HBG is going to have a whole new era to make pieces for. I am going to need to work more overtime. Been waiting a long time for this game. Can’t wait.

• '12

If the allied tank is the french FT-17, it will be really useful.  It is considered the first modern tank.  Thousands were made during WWI and they served throughout WWII and a bit beyond.  Several minor powers, axis and allied, had them in use as well as France.  Even Japan and the Philippines had purchased some in the inter war years. Germany captured over 1,700 after the fall of France and used them mostly there, seeing action at Dieppe and after D-Day.  4 were even found in Afghanistan in 2003 (though long retired).

• The colors should all be the same except Aus-Hun and Ottomans, with Germany going Grey. I hope the Russians go back to MB brown.

• @moralecheck:

If the allied tank is the french FT-17, it will be really useful.  It is considered the first modern tank.  Thousands were made during WWI and they served throughout WWII and a bit beyond.  Several minor powers, axis and allied, had them in use as well as France.  Even Japan and the Philippines had purchased some in the inter war years. Germany captured over 1,700 after the fall of France and used them mostly there, seeing action at Dieppe and after D-Day.  4 were even found in Afghanistan in 2003 (though long retired).

it will most likely be the Mark 1

• Will the Russians be white? Considering they are pre-communist Russians.
    France will be blue, Id like a darker tan for the UK, and US will be green, but I’d prefer a more olive drab for them.

Germany will be grey.
    So that leaves….Red, Yellow as the most practical colors.

I think Austria Hungary will be Red, or light brownish red
    The ottomans might be yellow.

I don’t expect anyone to be purple or black

• I would like

USA= Dark Green
    UK= Dark Tan
    Russia= White
    Germany= Dark Grey
    France= Blue
    Italy= Light Green
    Austria Hungary= Yellow
    Ottoman= Red

• Customizer

While I think Germany would be more properly represented with grey pieces, since WOTC is putting this out, it’s possible Germany could be made in black.
    Also, I don’t see the Russian troops in white. I would think they would be the same as our current Russians, a maroon color.
    Then again, since this is a whole different war and the powers involved kind of represent different types of goverment, maybe they will go with different colors.

While I’m more of a WW2 buff, I am interested to see this game and see how it works.

• '12

Larry has already said Germany will be grey.  That’s the only colour hint so far.

• If UK is the same colour as WW2 sculpts, I am going to use my Fighters to represent AC Tacs(Swordfish!).
    There will be fun and silliness  to be had mixing units.

• the same colours as ‘the great war’ in tripleA

• @moralecheck:

Larry has already said Germany will be grey.  That’s the only colour hint so far.

I find that sort of inconsistency really annoying.

• Well at least we can use the Grey for Axis minor neutrals (Finland, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria)
    Yellow and red would be good for Spain and Turkey in 1940.

• HBG is putting out a Renault FT-17 soon also, so they will probably have new colors.  With all the colors HGB will do, there will be more customizing oportunities.  Also, the Neutral artillery and trucks would fit in as WWI.  Maybe Armored cars too?  I’d love more guys with Adrian M15 helmets since half of Europe adopted it.

@moralecheck:

• I feel you with the gold mine for new pieces, I think I’m going to end up buying atleast 2 copies of the game.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '12

I’d buy Axis and Allies David vs Goliath if it existed.  I’m a whore, I"ll take 2 copies of 1914.

• 2 copies?

Let me say this. The game will sell out before the end of the year. It is just so different than any other AA game that the novelty will drive the sales of all copies. ON ebay it will be another global 40 or AA50.

Buy 12 copies. It’s beginning to be that AA games are part of the futures market where people resell and pay for this hobby tenfold. It is just to easy to use inside knowledge and benefit from it. And we all know this game will sell out, so why not go for it?

• Am I the only one hoping for bomber units still? Like German airships, or allied Gothams (I think that was their name right?) I would love an airship sculpt

• Strategic warfare really had no place in WWI

Political intrigue, deal making and deal breaking, revolution and the like were much more responsible for the outcome of the war.

Would the US ever have joined fully without the Zimmerman Note?
    Could Italy have been persuaded not to join by the Central Powers?
    Could the Marxist revolution have been put down?

I am of the opinion that the US not even be allowed to join the war unless attacked, but their transports be moving IPCs to England and France, would make an attack necessary.

Lets say for instance, US starts with no transports, but are encouraged to build them, and load in each one supplies for the allies.
    So the longer the game goes on, the more Germany is going to feel that flow of IPCs into Europe.
    Eventually, Germany would be compelled to attack the US transports. Instead of just “US joins on turn 4”

• I say grey for germany. Please don’t leave the Russians as red or maroon,it would just be wrong…lilke really wrong.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m