Color of the Pieces is Horrible

• @Flashman:

. But we shouldn’t have to do this, after all most wargamers are male, and this disability is male only. Maybe they always hire women to design the colour schemes?

I’m not sure how to break this to you but…women can be color blind as well…it’s okay if you need to sit down.

• I was at Origins years ago and demoing some WoTC card games and they were all color based.
    I explained that being color blind makes it really hard to play these games and asked what gives.  The people at the table told me Hasbro’s marketing and development team told them that is a major selling point to help people understand and learn the game.

They asked me how I managed to play Magic if I was color blind and I explained because each color has it’s own symbol, so as a color blind person I just ignore the color and go right to the symbol.  The people demoing the games did make a note of this and I’m sure reported this to someone, but I am also sure color blind people are such a small number in the grand scheme of Hasbro’s target audience it wasn’t worth them to make a change.

• Customizer

Only about 0.5% of women, which amounts to about 0.00001% of Axis and Allies players.

However 8% of men is a more serious proportion, and ought to be accommodated.

• I only find the chips to be a problem, the national colors are not too bad.

• I often get the Soviet and Italian pieces from Europe 1940 mixed up and I am not color blind.  I am not sure why they didn’t make the Soviets more red.

• @Texas:

I often get the Soviet and Italian pieces from Europe 1940 mixed up and I am not color blind.  I am not sure why they didn’t make the Soviets more red.

Italians look like Japanese

• @Uncrustable:

@Texas:

I often get the Soviet and Italian pieces from Europe 1940 mixed up and I am not color blind.  I am not sure why they didn’t make the Soviets more red.

Italians look like Japanese

In 1940?  I have never confused the Italians and Japanese in 1940.

• I think he’s saying the 1914 Italians look like 1940 Japanese. I don’t see how confusing 1940 Italians and Japanese would be an issue as they’re on other sides of the board.

• Agreed.  My point that I forgot to specifically mention was that I don’t think the colors are any worse than past games.

• 1914 Italians look like Japs.

1914 Russians look like 1940 Italians.

I do wish they would keep the same colors,

BUT…i do love the new UK color over the old UK

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m