Find league opponents here

• https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cS3hFwoBP0rWr3208jw1LAtCvHYa9Ji9uU8PwbCMIwM/edit

Amon is right, there are multiple issues with tech and Triple A

If you find that any of these have been cleared up, please let me know so I can edit my list.

Rockets and paratroopers have multiple issues in Triple A that you need to watch out for, but if you go in with this list, you will be prepared and should not have problems.  Doing a few edits is no big deal.  As always, if you have any rules questions you need only ask on the FAQ thread or PM a rules expert

Happy gaming

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Looking for a league game.  No tech.  ADS.  TripleA but more than willing to use battlemap as well…

PM me if you want to accept.

• ADS

So it means U prefer Triple a dice server (Marti and stuff) or no?

@Gamerman01:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cS3hFwoBP0rWr3208jw1LAtCvHYa9Ji9uU8PwbCMIwM/edit

Missed one.  TripleA has, and always has, allowed NCM moves to be done during CM phase.  Try it, play any country, doing CM move an infantry from your territory to your territory.  It lets you do it, and does not make a peep.

I guess it’s not a HUGE deal, but it is a pretty big violation of the rules.  (I never cared if you moved a transport or an infantry or something during CM but it was technically an NCM since it hurts you more than helps you.)

@Amon-Sul:

ADS

So it means U prefer Triple a dice server (Marti and stuff) or no?

If I am in tripleA, I might as well just use the built in dice server on tripleA.  Faster than typing it out into the forum.

• then hit me with a bid if u like :D

u play low luck?

• @Cmdr:

Missed one.  TripleA has, and always has, allowed NCM moves to be done during CM phase.  Try it, play any country, doing CM move an infantry from your territory to your territory.  It lets you do it, and does not make a peep.

No, you missed that I didn’t miss it  :-)
    See 16d

@Gamerman01:

@Cmdr:

No, you missed that I didn’t miss it  :-)
    See 16d

Ah, there are so many issues, I must have overlooked it. lol.

But hey, it’s pretty!  And pretty keeps Apple in business! lol.  (sorry, I don’t like apple, deal with it.  You won’t convince me it’s as good as a pc and if you love apple, I won’t convince you pc is as good as an apple.)

• Lookin for a game or two of G40 no bid no tech
    P.M. me if interested

• I’ve got time for one or two more games…no tech. PM me with a bid for allies if interested.

• '19 '18

'Looking for a game as well. I’d be up to tech, if tokens are allowed.

No LL-reroll.

• Looking for a game…

I want to be the Allies+12… I have only one game with allies now and I loosing hard I want to practice my allies…

No tech, pure luck!

PM me…

• '20 '18 '17 '15

I’ve looked at the Triple A issues and found a couple that aren’t really issues; Triple A is correct.

3) Paratroopers - c) does not allow you to add paratroopers to attack an undefended enemy territory.

2nd Edition Paratrooper rules, Page 40:
    Up to 2 of your infantry units in each territory with an air base can be moved to an enemycontrolled
    territory 3 or fewer spaces away that is being attacked by your land units from adjacent territories
    and/or by amphibious assault.

By definition, you cannot paratrooper into undefended territories.  Non issue.

7)  Fly overs –
    b) Triple A does NOT allow Japan to fly over UK/French territories OR UK to fly over Japanese territories before UK/Japan are at war with one another, but there is no such rule restriction (Allies flying over China is all that should be restricted)

Page 15 of the 2nd Edition Europe Rulebook, Page 15 in the box:

Powers Not at War with One Another

Neutral Powers: "…While a power remains neutral, it operates under even tighter restrictions. A neutral power can’t move land or air units into or through neutral territories. It
    can’t move units into or through territories or onto ships belonging to another power or use another power’s naval bases, nor can another power move
    land or air units into or through its territories or onto its ships or use its naval bases."

THUS, even though the UK and ANZAC may be in the war in EUROPE, if they are not at war with Japan in the PACIFIC, they are considered neutral powers toward one another.  i.e., this rule applies, and Japan can’t fly over UK territories, and UK can’t fly over Japanese territories.  It’s no different that Germany being unable to fly over Russian territories during NCM before they’re at war.

• @Whackamatt:

I’ve looked at the Triple A issues and found a couple that aren’t really issues; Triple A is correct.

7)  Fly overs –
    b) Triple A does NOT allow Japan to fly over UK/French territories OR UK to fly over Japanese territories before UK/Japan are at war with one another, but there is no such rule restriction (Allies flying over China is all that should be restricted)

Page 15 of the 2nd Edition Europe Rulebook, Page 15 in the box:

Powers Not at War with One Another

Neutral Powers: "…While a power remains neutral, it operates under even tighter restrictions. A neutral power can’t move land or air units into or through neutral territories. It
    can’t move units into or through territories or onto ships belonging to another power or use another power’s naval bases, nor can another power move
    land or air units into or through its territories or onto its ships or use its naval bases."

THUS, even though the UK and ANZAC may be in the war in EUROPE, if they are not at war with Japan in the PACIFIC, they are considered neutral powers toward one another.  i.e., this rule applies, and Japan can’t fly over UK territories, and UK can’t fly over Japanese territories.  It’s no different that Germany being unable to fly over Russian territories during NCM before they’re at war.

You are incorrect.  Only Russia has different political status on different boards.  UK/ANZAC are at war at the beginning of the game, and are NOT neutral.

• @Whackamatt:

3) Paratroopers - c) does not allow you to add paratroopers to attack an undefended enemy territory.

2nd Edition Paratrooper rules, Page 40:
    Up to 2 of your infantry units in each territory with an air base can be moved to an enemycontrolled
    territory 3 or fewer spaces away that is being attacked by your land units from adjacent territories
    and/or by amphibious assault.

By definition, you cannot paratrooper into undefended territories.  Non issue.

I believe you are incorrect again.  You can attack an undefended territory with paratroopers as long as you are attacking it with land units from adjacent territories.

You can attack an undefended territory with a land unit from an adjacent territory, AND attack it with paratroopers.

So you are incorrect about both issues, and Triple A is indeed wrong in both these cases.
    Thanks for raising them to my attention, since you honestly believed you had found errors in my list - I appreciate that.

• '20 '18 '17 '15

@Gamerman01:
    I believe you are incorrect again.  You can attack an undefended territory with paratroopers as long as you are attacking it with land units from adjacent territories.

You can attack an undefended territory with a land unit from an adjacent territory, AND attack it with paratroopers.

So you are incorrect about both issues, and Triple A is indeed wrong in both these cases.
    Thanks for raising them to my attention, since you honestly believed you had found errors in my list - I appreciate that.

AH. I believe this is due to poor wording on the issues page.  I had read it as you were trying to attack an undefended territory with ONLY paratroopers.  It should read:

"3) Paratroopers - c) does not allow you to add paratroopers to an existing attack on an undefended enemy territory from an adjacent territory or amphibious assault.

• '20 '18 '17 '15

@Gamerman01:

You are incorrect.  Only Russia has different political status on different boards.  UK/ANZAC are at war at the beginning of the game, and are NOT neutral.

I disagree.  UK/ANZAC are at war…with Germany and Italy, not Japan.

2nd Edition, European Rulebook, page 38:

“When not yet at war with Japan, in addition to the normal restrictions (see “Powers Not at War with One Another,” page 15), the United Kingdom may not move
    units into or through China.”

This specifically states that the prior-mentioned rules DO apply to the UK in regards to movement with Japan.

• I believe it was already sufficiently clear because it already said “does not allow you to add paratroopers”, which would imply that there are already other units attacking, but I added a parenthetical supplement in an attempt to make it clearer, as you have recommended.

• @Whackamatt:

I disagree.  UK/ANZAC are at war…with Germany and Italy, not Japan.

Of course, but again, only Russia has the split map political status in regards to neutrality.  Krieghund has explained this.

2nd Edition, European Rulebook, page 38:

“When not yet at war with Japan, in addition to the normal restrictions (see “Powers Not at War with One Another,” page 15), the United Kingdom may not move
    units into or through China.”

This specifically states that the prior-mentioned rules DO apply to the UK in regards to movement with Japan.

No it doesn’t, because it doesn’t say UK is neutral with respect to Japan.  It says UK flying over China or moving into it is prohibited without a DOW from UK on Japan.
    However, the Triple A problem is not with China.
    Again, I have confirmed this with Krieghund.
    There is no restriction for Japan flying over Allied territories.  UK is not neutral.  There is no special rule for the UK territories and FIC like there is for China.

If you still disagree, just take it up with Krieghund.  He’ll set you straight if I haven’t already.

• Also note that UK/ANZ may fly over Japanese controlled territories when not at war with Japan.  The only restriction is China, which is the rule you pointed out.  And as you can see, my #7 problem with flyovers specifically points out the China rule.

Again, thanks, but you’re wrong.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m