Find league opponents here

• I’ve got time for one or two more games…no tech. PM me with a bid for allies if interested.

• '19 '18

'Looking for a game as well. I’d be up to tech, if tokens are allowed.

No LL-reroll.

• Looking for a game…

I want to be the Allies+12… I have only one game with allies now and I loosing hard I want to practice my allies…

No tech, pure luck!

PM me…

• '20 '18 '17 '15

I’ve looked at the Triple A issues and found a couple that aren’t really issues; Triple A is correct.

3) Paratroopers - c) does not allow you to add paratroopers to attack an undefended enemy territory.

2nd Edition Paratrooper rules, Page 40:
    Up to 2 of your infantry units in each territory with an air base can be moved to an enemycontrolled
    territory 3 or fewer spaces away that is being attacked by your land units from adjacent territories
    and/or by amphibious assault.

By definition, you cannot paratrooper into undefended territories.  Non issue.

7)  Fly overs –
    b) Triple A does NOT allow Japan to fly over UK/French territories OR UK to fly over Japanese territories before UK/Japan are at war with one another, but there is no such rule restriction (Allies flying over China is all that should be restricted)

Page 15 of the 2nd Edition Europe Rulebook, Page 15 in the box:

Powers Not at War with One Another

Neutral Powers: "…While a power remains neutral, it operates under even tighter restrictions. A neutral power can’t move land or air units into or through neutral territories. It
    can’t move units into or through territories or onto ships belonging to another power or use another power’s naval bases, nor can another power move
    land or air units into or through its territories or onto its ships or use its naval bases."

THUS, even though the UK and ANZAC may be in the war in EUROPE, if they are not at war with Japan in the PACIFIC, they are considered neutral powers toward one another.  i.e., this rule applies, and Japan can’t fly over UK territories, and UK can’t fly over Japanese territories.  It’s no different that Germany being unable to fly over Russian territories during NCM before they’re at war.

• @Whackamatt:

I’ve looked at the Triple A issues and found a couple that aren’t really issues; Triple A is correct.

7)  Fly overs –
    b) Triple A does NOT allow Japan to fly over UK/French territories OR UK to fly over Japanese territories before UK/Japan are at war with one another, but there is no such rule restriction (Allies flying over China is all that should be restricted)

Page 15 of the 2nd Edition Europe Rulebook, Page 15 in the box:

Powers Not at War with One Another

Neutral Powers: "…While a power remains neutral, it operates under even tighter restrictions. A neutral power can’t move land or air units into or through neutral territories. It
    can’t move units into or through territories or onto ships belonging to another power or use another power’s naval bases, nor can another power move
    land or air units into or through its territories or onto its ships or use its naval bases."

THUS, even though the UK and ANZAC may be in the war in EUROPE, if they are not at war with Japan in the PACIFIC, they are considered neutral powers toward one another.  i.e., this rule applies, and Japan can’t fly over UK territories, and UK can’t fly over Japanese territories.  It’s no different that Germany being unable to fly over Russian territories during NCM before they’re at war.

You are incorrect.  Only Russia has different political status on different boards.  UK/ANZAC are at war at the beginning of the game, and are NOT neutral.

• @Whackamatt:

3) Paratroopers - c) does not allow you to add paratroopers to attack an undefended enemy territory.

2nd Edition Paratrooper rules, Page 40:
    Up to 2 of your infantry units in each territory with an air base can be moved to an enemycontrolled
    territory 3 or fewer spaces away that is being attacked by your land units from adjacent territories
    and/or by amphibious assault.

By definition, you cannot paratrooper into undefended territories.  Non issue.

I believe you are incorrect again.  You can attack an undefended territory with paratroopers as long as you are attacking it with land units from adjacent territories.

You can attack an undefended territory with a land unit from an adjacent territory, AND attack it with paratroopers.

So you are incorrect about both issues, and Triple A is indeed wrong in both these cases.
    Thanks for raising them to my attention, since you honestly believed you had found errors in my list - I appreciate that.

• '20 '18 '17 '15

@Gamerman01:
    I believe you are incorrect again.  You can attack an undefended territory with paratroopers as long as you are attacking it with land units from adjacent territories.

You can attack an undefended territory with a land unit from an adjacent territory, AND attack it with paratroopers.

So you are incorrect about both issues, and Triple A is indeed wrong in both these cases.
    Thanks for raising them to my attention, since you honestly believed you had found errors in my list - I appreciate that.

AH. I believe this is due to poor wording on the issues page.  I had read it as you were trying to attack an undefended territory with ONLY paratroopers.  It should read:

"3) Paratroopers - c) does not allow you to add paratroopers to an existing attack on an undefended enemy territory from an adjacent territory or amphibious assault.

• '20 '18 '17 '15

@Gamerman01:

You are incorrect.  Only Russia has different political status on different boards.  UK/ANZAC are at war at the beginning of the game, and are NOT neutral.

I disagree.  UK/ANZAC are at war…with Germany and Italy, not Japan.

2nd Edition, European Rulebook, page 38:

“When not yet at war with Japan, in addition to the normal restrictions (see “Powers Not at War with One Another,” page 15), the United Kingdom may not move
    units into or through China.”

This specifically states that the prior-mentioned rules DO apply to the UK in regards to movement with Japan.

• I believe it was already sufficiently clear because it already said “does not allow you to add paratroopers”, which would imply that there are already other units attacking, but I added a parenthetical supplement in an attempt to make it clearer, as you have recommended.

• @Whackamatt:

I disagree.  UK/ANZAC are at war…with Germany and Italy, not Japan.

Of course, but again, only Russia has the split map political status in regards to neutrality.  Krieghund has explained this.

2nd Edition, European Rulebook, page 38:

“When not yet at war with Japan, in addition to the normal restrictions (see “Powers Not at War with One Another,” page 15), the United Kingdom may not move
    units into or through China.”

This specifically states that the prior-mentioned rules DO apply to the UK in regards to movement with Japan.

No it doesn’t, because it doesn’t say UK is neutral with respect to Japan.  It says UK flying over China or moving into it is prohibited without a DOW from UK on Japan.
    However, the Triple A problem is not with China.
    Again, I have confirmed this with Krieghund.
    There is no restriction for Japan flying over Allied territories.  UK is not neutral.  There is no special rule for the UK territories and FIC like there is for China.

If you still disagree, just take it up with Krieghund.  He’ll set you straight if I haven’t already.

• Also note that UK/ANZ may fly over Japanese controlled territories when not at war with Japan.  The only restriction is China, which is the rule you pointed out.  And as you can see, my #7 problem with flyovers specifically points out the China rule.

Again, thanks, but you’re wrong.

• '20 '18 '17 '15

Okay, did a reread (I think I’m getting a law degree from figuring out the rules  :lol: )

So, while the rules on page 15 apply to Powers not at War With One Another, only the Combat and Movement parts apply.  The part I quoted was for Neutral powers, which can only be Russia and the US, hence don’t apply to UK/ANZAC, or Japan.

I rescend my statements.  Carry on!

• Sure thing, like I said, your comments are welcome
    Yeah, the rules are about as complicated and easy to misunderstand as the Internal Revenue Code, or any other Federal or State laws for that matter, like you said.

• '20 '18 '17 '15

I did unearth an extremely rare scenario that is against the rules:

“Triple A will allow a player to unload a unit from a friendly transport during CM and take control of an undefended territory, even though an opposing player is able to scramble and or cause naval combat to occur.”

So the set up was, as the Axis, I had control of Gibraltar, with an airbase and a fighter.  France, during CM, is unloading 3 infantry from US/UK transports, with none of their naval units in the SZ.  I scramble.  What happens?

Since it is France’s turn, Germany cannot sink a US/UK transport, as they aren’t a part of the CM.  However, as France is initiating combat, and I scrambled, a naval battle occurs with 0 French units and 1 German fighter.  France, while not losing any naval units as they have none in battle, cannot amphibiously land in Gibraltar, as they were not able to successfully resolve naval combat.  No units are lost, but France should not be allowed to land.

I guess this situation could also arrise if a UK transport moves next to Italy with a French troop on board.  If Italy buys a destroyer or plane, France would be unable to amphib anything.

• That is a good point that has not been raised (and has not occurred in my own games) and I don’t think it’s actually extremely rare.  So I will add it to my list.

You are simply not allowed to unload amphibiously from an allied transports if you have no attacking naval or air units.  So if the defender scrambles or the sea zone has become hostile, in such case a combat move off the transports is not allowed.  (per Krieghund)

So are you saying Triple A does/did allow the amphibious assault?  (In your example with Gibraltar)
    Just wanted to confirm - I will add it to the list in the meantime

• First come first serve:  I’m up for a game, no tech, pure luck.

• Looking for 2 league games (G40- no tech, 2nd ed.).  Also, if anyone is interested in a G42 on the side that would be nice too…its been over a year since playing AA so I’m really shaking off the dust. :-)

• '12

@questioneer:

Looking for 2 league games (G40- no tech, 2nd ed.).  Also, if anyone is interested in a G42 on the side that would be nice too…its been over a year since playing AA so I’m really shaking off the dust. :-)

1942 - looking for a little nostalgia ey?  :wink:

• @Boldfresh:

@questioneer:

Looking for 2 league games (G40- no tech, 2nd ed.).�  Also, if anyone is interested in a G42 on the side that would be nice too…its been over a year since playing AA so I’m really shaking off the dust. :-)

1942 - looking for a little nostalgia ey?   :wink:

No, not AA50- 1942, the new setup made official by Larry a few months ago Global 1942- its also on Triple A now.  Interested???

http://smo63.fatcow.com/pdf/G42setup2013424.pdf

• lol Bold’s always a few steps behind

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m