Global 2nd edition Q+A ( AAG40.2)

• '18 '17 '16

@Young:

I know it should never happen, but for clarification… if the Soviet Union attacks a Mongolian territory, will all other strict neutrals in Europe become pro Axis?

From Mongolia Rule Sticky:

a) Mongolia ONLY goes pro-Axis if Russia directly attacks Mongolia.  This would break neutrality around the world (all strict neutrals go pro-the other side).

So, yes they would.

• Sponsor

@siparo:

@Young:

I know it should never happen, but for clarification… if the Soviet Union attacks a Mongolian territory, will all other strict neutrals in Europe become pro Axis?

From Mongolia Rule Sticky:

a) Mongolia ONLY goes pro-Axis if Russia directly attacks Mongolia.  This would break neutrality around the world (all strict neutrals go pro-the other side).

So, yes they would.

Awesome, thanks… just dotting all my i’s before I make an explanation video, Mongolia is one I have trouble with.

• (Specific nations used for easy illustration)

If America is at war with Axis and American submarines are present in a SZ with Japanese ships (no destroyer present), do those submarines have the option to participate in the attack if that Japanese fleet is attacked by the British?

Do American ships on British CVs participate in offensive attacks made with that CV on the British turn?

• Units only participate in battle on their own turn or on an enemies turn. In other words; Allied forces only fight together in defense, never offence.
    The subs would not be affected. The American fighters would not participate in the battle but would be destroyed if the British carrier they was stationed on was sunk.

edit: You can find these rules on page 21 in Europe Rulebook, under the ‘Multinational Forces’ headline.

• Sponsor

Can I get someone’s help with some questions from one of my YouTube subscribers… sorry but I’m getting slammed on my channel’s comment boards… hard to keep up.

_Dear Cliffside Bunker!

Yesterday you’ve helped me about a thing that an infrantry can board and exit a transport within a single turn ( in British video)

First of all i would like to tell that you made great and usefull video. Thanks for everything!

I startad to play game half a year. I have played several time 1942, 1914 but 1940 global is a bit different for me.
    Can you help me about some rules? On this weekend i plan with my friends to play it, but we are not sure some rules.

1, i dont get what is scramble mean? I know that 3 plane can take part in a battle from the defense side but i dont get the whole thing. can you give me a short brief about it?

2, do you know where i can find the infrantry transportion in the rule book?
    my friend dont belive me that its possible. :)

3,  strategic bombing. I dont understand how can defense a player against this.
    (how can fighters can take part of it both attacker and defender side, plus AAA how can defend)

4, what is the difference between amphitious assault and general combat movement?

I know maybe these are stubborn questions but i would be very happy i you can help.

Best wishes,
    Peter_

• Those are big questions.  I think he should just be referred to the rulebook and read the applicable sections.  For example, there is a section on scrambling that completely explains it.  No one should have to explain whole sections of the rulebook to someone who can just read it themselves.  If they have questions after studying it, that’s where I’m happy to help  :-)

• I agree with Gamerman, though reading Peter’s text I am under the impression that he might possibly have language issues.

I needed the help of a dictionary once to find the German equivalent for “Scramble”, for example, as I only knew ‘Scrambled Eggs’ before …

YG, maybe you can direct him to this forum, where he can specify his problems of understanding. I am sure we can help, then.

• Sponsor

I agree that we can’t and shouldn’t recite the entire rule book, especially if there is evidence of language barriers or that the questionnaire hasn’t at least tried reading the rule book before asking. This is what I sent him and we shall see if he learns what he needs…

Hey Peter,

I can’t write a lot today at work, but let me guide you to a few of my videos that should help answer your questions. If some things still aren’t clear than let me know.

Scrambling air units…
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTOsHYLc-Sc

Transporting land units…
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4Oc_7riCR0

Strategic bombing raids…
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU-fMleZGxg

Amphibious Assaults…
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak7wHYdtSVk

Hope these help.

• Our games seem to run at an incredibly slow pace; usually 10-12 hours for 6-8 turns.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to fairly and reasonably implement some sort of turn timers?

• '19 '17 '16

@Amalec:

Our games seem to run at an incredibly slow pace; usually 10-12 hours for 6-8 turns.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to fairly and reasonably implement some sort of turn timers?

I don’t like the idea of turn timers. To speed things up i suggest a house rule that you don’t need to finalise ncm before placement and you don’t need to finalise purchase and repair before combat movement. You’ll be surprised at how much more fun the game becomes.

• @Amalec:

Our games seem to run at an incredibly slow pace; usually 10-12 hours for 6-8 turns.

There are some other ideas how to speed up the game in the House rule section of this board:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=37922.0
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=36744.0
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=26713.0

Just to list some, there are probably more…

• Sponsor

1. If the USA took Korea from Japan, would Mongolia be Negated ( as if Russia took Korea )?

2. If the UK P came up to support China and had a battle along the Mongolian boarder against Japan in say Suiyuyan, is Mongolia triggered to be Negated?

3. If The UK or USA was to attack Mongolia, would this make Mongolia turn Pro Axis along with the rest of the Europe board?

4. Can all of the above never happen because the Mongolian rule is only activated what happens between Japan and Russia?..…Thanks!

• Afternoon YG.
    1. No
    2. No
    3. Yes.
    4. The Mongolia rule is essentially a special thing between Russia and China, yes. With the exception being, if Mongolia is directly attacked, as per your question 3.

• '21 '18 '16

Speed of play can be greatly increased with some magnetic carriers as well. Saves us a least an hour over of dinking around with the planes.

• @Young:

1. If the USA took Korea from Japan, would Mongolia be Negated ( as if Russia took Korea )?

2. If the UK P came up to support China and had a battle along the Mongolian boarder against Japan in say Suiyuyan, is Mongolia triggered to be Negated?

3. If The UK or USA was to attack Mongolia, would this make Mongolia turn Pro Axis along with the rest of the Europe board?

4. Can all of the above never happen because the Mongolian rule is only activated what happens between Japan and Russia?..…Thanks!

@wittmann:

Afternoon YG.
    1. No
    2. No
    3. Yes.
    4. The Mongolia rule is essentially a special thing between Russia and China, yes. With the exception being, if Mongolia is directly attacked, as per your question 3.

No to #3):

Rulebook says:
    @rulebook:

…The Mongolian territories (Olgiy, Dzavhan, Tsagaan-Olom, Central Mongolia, Ulaanbaatar, and
    Buyant-Uhaa) will never become pro-Axis unless one or more of them is attacked by the Soviet Union.

So if UK or USA attacked Mongolia, this would result in all strict neutrals becoming Pro-Axis, except Mongolia itself.

• http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=30776.45
    Yes, which is all summarized in this stickied thread
    Necessary because yes, the Mongolia rules are that complicated
    P@nther is one of the few who knows them all  :-)

YG, if you weren’t already familiar with this summary I did awhile back (all checked by Krieghund), I think you definitely need to click this link and save it for your many G40 gamers
    I also summarized neutrals rules and Dutch stuff

• Sorry YG. You understood and I did not .

I won’t answer any more queries. I got cocky; has been a while since I read the rules cover to cover or even checked things.
    My Apologies.

• Nonsense
    That is a very obscure rule and a misinterpretation/misrecollection on that one is very understandable
    With a 99% success rate, you should keep helping out here

• I cannot agree more!

• Sponsor

Sorry for agitating everyone, Wittmann… you’re free to answer any question of mine, you do a great job. I uploaded this video recently and I think it’s accurate, but you never know with the Mongolian rule.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aALZphE6wdI

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m