Global 2nd edition Q+A ( AAG40.2)

• On a related note to Gamerman’s question, what happens when you succeed on your Tech roll but roll a tech you already have? Do you roll until you get a tech you don’t have or do you lose your tech roll?

• Official Q&A

@Gamerman01:

Can you attack the same facility with multiple rockets (coming from different air bases)?

Yes.

@P-Unit:

On a related note to Gamerman’s question, what happens when you succeed on your Tech roll but roll a tech you already have?

You roll again for a different one.

• HOLY ROCKETS, BATMAN

That’s a MAJOR change from OOB.  I missed the exploding fireworks and ticker-tape parade that heralded this change.

There WAS fireworks and a parade, right?

• TripleA

Hey there is a cruiser that is sitting with my germany transports… if I declare war, I can still load it up and unload right?

If we are already at war then I cannot right?

If I am wrong can UK put destroyers on japan transports and prevent him from using them?

• Customizer

@Boldfresh:

tripleA does not compute some NO’s correctly.  i have held calcutta with Germany and it doesn’t give Japan the NO - it can be held by any axis power to give japan the NO.  same is true of NG, must be held by an allied power.  in other words, it’s a bit of a pain in the butt, but you have to edit the bank account every round manually.

Why the heck haven’t you sent me private message with this information?

You can’t expect me to read every page of a 37 page new FAQ and a 100+ page old FAQ.

I rely purely on people informing me either by PM or by a formal bug report, that something in TripleA does not work properly.

Please post the bug reports here: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=44492&atid=439737
    (no account is required, you can make the bug report anonymously if you want)

How to make a good bug report:
    1. Confirm and Isolate the problem by yourself IF possible.
    2. If there is an error message, or error console, copy and paste the full text to the bug report.
    3. Tell me what version of TripleA you are using.
    4. Tell me what map you are playing, and what version of this map.
    5. Include a savegame either clearly showing the error, OR ever better: with the error about to occur and clear directions of what steps I need to take in order to get it to occur.
    (example: a savegame during combat move right before error, directions state to move unit x to territory z, it is not allowed which is an error, or w/e)
    (If there was a crash, make a copy of the autosave to send to me (before it gets overwritten with a new game you start))

• Cow: That is right. You can load in the Combat turn you declare war, then move out of the SZ to unload elsewhere.
    You could not unload in the SZ you started in unless you had Naval units to fight and sink the Cruiser first, as the enemy Cruiser will prevent unloading.

Again you are right: if at war you cannot.

You are not wrong, but I will answer third  part: UK could put a Destroyer in the same zone as a lone Japanese Transport, then when war was declared by Japan, the Japanese player load in Combat Turn and move away to amphibiously land elsewhere(as explained).
    The UK could do this to ensure Japan does not take an island or land territory of UK’s choice with defenceless Transports, as the Japanese player would have to sink the Destroyer or move away.
    It might be a worthwhile move.

• Ok…another question.
    I have a game going where my opponent is attacking UK on G2… a SeaLion w/3 transports. Does he have to take Uk to bring Russia/US into the war…or is just attacking it enough to bring them in?

• London must be captured, not merely attacked.  If London is captured, both the USA and USSR may declare war on their turns.

• '17

Can a land unit move through a friendly neutral into another friendly neutral within the same noncombat movement phase?

For example:
    A Soviet infantry enters Northwest Persia converting the territory from pro-Allies to Soviet, then (during the same phase) a Soviet tank moves through Northwest Persia into Persia converting the territory and it’s forces from pro-Allies to Soviet.

• '12

@wheatbeer:

Can a land unit move through a friendly neutral into another friendly neutral within the same noncombat movement phase?

For example:
    A Soviet infantry enters Northwest Persia converting the territory from pro-Allies to Soviet, then (during the same phase) a Soviet tank moves through Northwest Persia into Persia converting the territory and it’s forces from pro-Allies to Soviet.

no way, sorry wheatbeer.

• '17

@Boldfresh:

no way, sorry wheatbeer.

I’m the Axis in this scenario  :lol:

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

I know this is unsportsmanly but I have a question:

Suppose you have a couple ships and a carrier with planes.  In the sea zone adjacent to you there is a very large enemy fleet, and in a land territory adjacent to the sea zone on the other side of the mega fleet there is an important target that you desperately need to kill with your planes (e.g. you are in z79, enemy fleet is in z39, and in Burma there is a single infantry you want to kill so it doesn’t retake India after you liberate it).  I know it may be unethical, but would it be legal to attack the mega fleet with something that is very unlikely to sink it but that could sink it (e.g. 1 destroyer against a dozen carriers) and suicide your planes against the soft target, claiming that your intention was that after your destroyer heroically sinks the mega fleet (by rolling all 1s against straight 6s in 50+ rounds of dice rolls which could happen  :roll: ), your plan is to ncm the carrier in there (z38) and allow the planes to land?  Also, if the destroyer fails to sink the mega fleet and the carrier can’t go there can it run away in the other direction and let the planes crash?  Would such an unethical move be legal?

• yes this move is totally legal, and I think very clever in the right circumstances

• Legal AND ethical

There is a similar example in the actual rule book.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

Thank you.  :evil:

• Can the china fighter land in Kwangtung and in Burma?
    I mean yes because it is original china territory and china can also move units there so it is also allowed?

• '16

@Babubaer:

Can the china fighter land in Kwangtung and in Burma?
    I mean yes because it is original china territory and china can also move units there so it is also allowed?

Yes, the Chinese fighter can move into Kwangtung and Burma. Even if Britain isn’t at war with Japan.

However, Burma and Kwangtung aren’t original Chinese territories. They’re original British territories.

• Official Q&A

China can take temporary control of Burma and/or Kwangtung if it recaptures them from the Axis while India is Axis-held.

• I don’t have access to a 2nd edition Pacific rule book.

My 1st edition rule book says “Kwangtung and Burma are special cases.  While they are not Chinese territories AND CANNOT BE CONTROLLED BY CHINA, Chinese forces can attack Axis units there and occupy them….  …These are the only non-Chinese territories that Chinese units can occupy.”

Emphasis added.

So did the rule change somewhere along the line since the OOB rule book??  Because I only see one way to interpret this.

• Official Q&A

From the 1st edition errata:

Page 9, China Rules: The second sentence of the fourth paragraph should read “While they are not Chinese territories, Chinese forces can move into them, but China cannot control them, unless India is under Axis control and China recaptures them from the Axis.”

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m