Axis and Allies Pacific 1940 2nd Edition ( AAP40.2) FAQ/question

• Post FAQ’s and questions.

• NOs for Pacific '40.2 ( from Robbie358)

Japan-
    10 IPCs for not at war with USA and not attacking French Indo-China
    5 IPCs if Japan controls Guam, Midway, Wake, Gilberts, and Solomons
    5 IPCs per territory if Japan controls Calcutta, Sydney, Honolulu, and/or San Francisco
    5 IPCs if Japan controls Sumatra, Java, Borneo, and Celebes

USA-
    30 IPCs if at war and control of West USA
    5 IPCs if at war and control of Alaska and Mexico
    5 IPCs if at war and control of Aleutians, Hawaii, Johnston, and Line
    5 IPCs if at war and control of Philippines

China-
    6 IPCs if the Allies control India, Burma, Yunnan, and Szechwan

UK-
    5 IPCs if at war and controls Kwangtung and Malaya

ANZAC-
    5 IPCs if at war, Allies control Malaya, and ANZAC controls all its original territories
    5 IPCs if at war and the Allies (not the Dutch) control Dutch New Guinea, New Britain, New Guinea, and the Solomons

• Customizer

Krieghund,
    My 2nd edition Pacific board shows Mexico narrowly adjacent to SZ 11. The border is even more predominate when you flip the board over and view the narrow strip of print on the back.
    Is Mexico intended to border SZ 11?

• Official Q&A

No.  The maps don’t line up along the outer edges.  See page 35 of the Pacific Rulebook for adjacencies.

• What is the political rules in pacific, same as global?

• Couples of questions

1-If Uk capture a Japanese territory that was Chinese originally (ex kwangsi) Can china mobilize new troop in it?

2-a)If Japan invade french indo china does it declare war with uk/usa or they just loose the bonus?
    2-b)what if uk attack japan on g1 then japan invade french indochina turn 2 do theyt loose the bonus and are they at war with usa?

3-If uk attack japan on turn 1 and japan invade dutch territory turn 2 does it declare war on usa?

Thanks

• @texasranger97:

Couples of questions

1-If Uk capture a Japanese territory that was Chinese originally (ex kwangsi) Can china mobilize new troop in it?

2-a)If Japan invade french indo china does it declare war with uk/usa or they just loose the bonus?
    2-b)what if uk attack japan on g1 then japan invade french indochina turn 2 do theyt loose the bonus and are they at war with usa?

3-If uk attack japan on turn 1 and japan invade dutch territory turn 2 does it declare war on usa?

Thanks

1 - UK can never control a chinese territory, so yes, it will revert to chinese control and china can mobilize in it.

2a - Japan must declare war on France to invade FIC, and it causes them to lose the bonus, but they do not have to declare war on UK or USA to do so.

2b - Japan loses the bonus as soon as they attack FIC, as long as USA is still neutral, regardless of UK’s diplomatic status.

3 - No.  IF UK/Anzac attacks Japan first, japan can freely attack dutch, english, anzac territories (and as long as they don’t attack FIC or a US territory/unit they’ll continue to get the FIC bonus until US declares war on US3)

• Thanks

So declaring war as uk on the first turn is not a good idea since your alone for 3 turn before us can enter the war

• TripleA '12

I don’t know if this has come up before, but are the Japanese-controlled Chinese territories (printed on the map) treated as original Japanese territories for the purposes of building ICs? If so, is this mentioned specifically anywhere in the rulebook?

In other words, can Japan build a Major IC in Manchuria and a Minor IC in Shangtung?

Thank you.

• They are Chinese, Loz. You can only build Minor ICs.
    Bugger I know!
    Just got yours have you? Enjoy it.

• TripleA '12

Thanks Wittmann! Yes, I got my copy the other day and have just set it up for the 1st time and am just looking at it for now. The 1st thing I was wondering was, where can all the powers build Industrial Complexes! It would seem that the only places where they can be built at the BEGINNING of the game, i.e. Round 1 - are as follows:

Major IC

Japan - Korea
    United Kingdom - Kwangtung, Malaya
    United States -
    ANZAC -
    China -

Minor IC

Japan - Korea (may upgrade) & Manchuria, Shantung, Kiangsu (but may not upgrade due to original Chinese ownership of said territories)
    United Kingdom - Kwangtung, Malaya (may upgrade)
    United States - Alaska, Mexico (but may not upgrade due to territory IPC value limit)
    ANZAC - Queensland (but may not upgrade due to territory IPC value limit)
    China -

Also, ANZAC may not upgrade the Minor IC in New South Wales due to territory IPC value limit.

Did I get all that right?

Thank you!

• Not at home(watching Fiorentina on Sky at my parents), but sounds right.
    Japan’s best 1st buy is either 3 APs or 2 and an IC.
    Enjoy planning war!

• TripleA '12

In addition to the post above, I have a couple of extra questions that I would also appreciate answering by Krieg or one of the rules deputies:

1 - Pages 4 & 7 of the Pacific 1940 SE Rulebook mention a ‘Research & Development Chart’ as a specific item in the game’s inventory. I received no such chart in my copy of the game. Am I missing something here or is this chart just the one printed in the manual under the Global Rules section?

2 - Pages 8 & 35 of the Rulebook mention the ‘Yukon Territory’ and ‘British Columbia’. These territories do not exist on the new map, so I take it this was just a misprint?

3 - I got 2 UK Aircraft Carriers in my copy of the game, was I supposed to get 4?

Thank you all very much indeed.

• Official Q&A

1 - It’s a typo.  The chart is included only in Europe 1940.

2 - Correct.  Also, Western Canada should have a Canadian emblem on the map.

3 - Two is the correct number.

• TripleA '12

Thank you very much for your answers, Krieg.  :-) Also, was I correct in my initial assessment of the Round 1 placement of ICs (couple of posts above)?

• Official Q&A

@Lozmoid:

Thank you very much for your answers, Krieg.  :-) Also, was I correct in my initial assessment of the Round 1 placement of ICs (couple of posts above)?

Yes.

• TripleA '12

Get in!  :lol:

Thanks very much!

• TripleA '12

I’m not sure about something: under Unit Profiles in the rulebook, it mentions that Minor ICs can be upgraded to Major ones but it doesn’t specfically state (as far as I can tell) exactly when this happens. Now, I assume you pay for the upgrade during the Purchase & Repair Units phase, and then the upgrade becomes effective during the Mobilize New Units phase - is this right?

I read somewhere that Minor ICs being upgraded this turn can’t produce more than 3 new units until your next turn. This is where I am confused because I had guessed that the upgrade took place immediately (in line with any repairs that may have been made). Therefore, am I right in thinking that the correct process would be to place a Major IC in the Mobilization Zone, and then replace the Minor IC with it at the end of the Mobilze New Units phase?

Thank you very much.

• @Lozmoid:

I’m not sure about something: under Unit Profiles in the rulebook, it mentions that Minor ICs can be upgraded to Major ones but it doesn’t specfically state (as far as I can tell) exactly when this happens. Now, I assume you pay for the upgrade during the Purchase & Repair Units phase, and then the upgrade becomes effective during the Mobilize New Units phase - is this right?

I read somewhere that Minor ICs being upgraded this turn can’t produce more than 3 new units until your next turn. This is where I am confused because I had guessed that the upgrade took place immediately (in line with any repairs that may have been made). Therefore, am I right in thinking that the correct process would be to place a Major IC in the Mobilization Zone, and then replace the Minor IC with it at the end of the Mobilze New Units phase?

Thank you very much.

Like all combat moves, or noncombat moves, mobilization takes place simultaneously.  You can’t upgrade “first”, then drop 10 units there.  The upgrade takes place during the mobilization phase but is not active for use until the next turn, so you’re still limited to place only three units while the factory is effectively upgrading itself at the same time.

• TripleA '12

Okay thanks, kcdzim. That’s what I thought.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m