FLYER FOR 2ND EDITION E40 AND P40 IS OUT- SEPTEMBER 18TH, 2012

• TripleA

in other words there will be the vast emptiness of north and south america taking up space.

• You did read what you quoted right? let me underline some parts:

@CWO:

@Scarapis:

The Europe game says it comes with 1 game board so a total of 3 game boards?

There’s no difference between the board specification in the two announcements:

"Same great game as the last version of Europe 1940, including the extra large 35˝ x 32˝ game board for a greater play experience."  /  “Same great game as the last version of Pacific 1940, including the extra large 35˝ x 32˝ game board for a greater play experience.”

"Both game boards unite to create a massive 70” x 32” playing field that will let you experience the full scale of World War II global conflict!"  / “Both game boards unite to create a massive 70” x 32” playing field that will let you experience the full scale of World War II global conflict!”

In other words: The Pacific game has two boards which assemble into an overall game board measuring 35" x 32".  The Europe game has two boards which assemble into an overall game board measuring 35" x 32".  When you put the two Pacific boards together and the two Europe boards together (4 in all), you get a single Global board measuring 70" x 32".

now to highlight the box description:

Axis & Allies Pacific: 1940 (2012 Refresh)
    2 Game Boards
    1 Battle Strip
    1 Casualty Strip
    100 National Control markers
    16 Industrial Complex markers
    16 Naval Base markers
    16 Air Base markers
    5 National Storage Boxes
    80 chips
    10 dice

& Allies Europe: 1940 (2012 Refresh)
    1 Rulebook
    1 Game Board
    5 National Storage Boxes
    1 Research & Development Chart
    1 Battle and Casualty Strip
    100 National Control Markers
    16 Naval Base Markers
    14 Air Base Markers
    22 Industrial Complex Markers
    80 Chips
    6 Dice
    610 Plastic Miniatures

• '10

According to that, Pacific doesn’t come with a rulebook. And why does Europe have four less dice?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Interesting… Europe comes with a seperate tech chart.  Unlike just the rulebook before.

The BIG question is… is this print the final Alpha?

• @Scarapis:

You did read what you quoted right? let me underline some parts: […]

I didn’t notice that the verso of the flyers said 2 boards for Pacific and 1 board for Europe, but I would assume that the reference to one board for Europe is a typo – or inconsistent writing by a WotC staffer who’s referring to the overall Europe playing map rather than to the two boards it’s [presumably] made from.  The original Europe 1940 and Pacific 1940 boards were each composed of two sections, so why would WotC switch to a one-section board for E40-II while keeping a two-section board for P40-II?  Could WotC even physically produce a one-piece 35"x32" game board?  Would it be practical to give it the extra folding it would need to fit in the box, compared with two separate boards?  Maybe yes, but a simpler explanation would be that the flyer is just badly written.

• '12

Hey, Europe 40 has a UK flag on the box now.  Neat.  I remember a few folks commenting on its absence last time around.

• @CWO:

@Scarapis:

You did read what you quoted right? let me underline some parts: […]

I didn’t notice that the verso of the flyers said 2 boards for Pacific and 1 board for Europe, but I would assume that the reference to one board for Europe is a typo – or inconsistent writing by a WotC staffer who’s referring to the overall Europe playing map rather than to the two boards it’s [presumably] made from.  The original Europe 1940 and Pacific 1940 boards were each composed of two sections, so why would WotC switch to a one-section board for E40-II while keeping a two-section board for P40-II?  Could WotC even physically produce a one-piece 35"x32" game board?  Would it be practical to give it the extra folding it would need to fit in the box, compared with two separate boards?  Maybe yes, but a simpler explanation would be that the flyer is just badly written.

ok now i’m confused since my A&A: Europe has only one game board and shows only one game board in the instructions and pics, so am I missing something here?

• '12

Your Europe 40 has one gameboard made by putting 2 gameboards together.  I’m sure it’s just inconsistant wording on WOTC’s part.  According to the parts lists above, AAP40 does not include any pieces either or a rulebook, as people have pointed out.  The pdfs clearly needed a little more proofreading.

EDIT:  AA Europe  (1999) has only one board.  Are you talking about AAE (1999) or AAE40 (2010)???

• mine haqs a copyright of 1999, so there are 2 versions of A&A: Europe?

YES.

Europe.

and Europe 1940.

There are also 2 versions of Pacific…

• '12

Correct.  Yours starts in 1941.  AAE40 from 2010 has a map twice that size and includes several new unit types (2 types of factory, tac bombers, cruisers, mech inf).  It also includes the French and Italians. Russia and USA are Neutral at the start of the game.  It is a much deeper game than the 1999 version (which is also great, and quicker to play).

• ugh :-P more games to add to my list to get.

• Sponsor

@Gargantua:

The BIG question is… is this print the final Alpha?

The most important thing IMO.

• This is a must have for the collection, I’ll have to bring it to Toronto in April

• wow, I was thinking Thanksgiving at the earliest. I might have the global even before my FMG elite dice set gets here. :-o

• Has anyone relize the pacific box description there is no COUNTRY UNIT PIECES

• funny thing is my Brithday is on the 18th. of Sept. so i’ll have to see if I can either get my wife or folks to get me the games for my birthday  8-)

• @empireman:

Has anyone relize the pacific box description there is no COUNTRY UNIT PIECES

Good catch – the second page of the Europe flyer lists 610 plastic miniatures while the second page of the Pacific one makes no mention of miniatures.  It also makes no mention of a rulebook, whereas Europe does.  Plus there’s the two-boards-versus-one-board part that’s already been pointed out.  It looks like whoever at WotC prepared the two flyers did a crummy cutting-pasting-editing job.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m