Next Sets from Historical Board Gaming

• Customizer

Okay, my mistake. I thought you meant fortification hit on 3 or less. You meant they only get 3 shots maximum (or 1 shot per transport if less than 3) and hit @ 1.

Well, then my warship idea wouldn’t work. Treating them as a sort of AA gun against transports does sound better.

• I still say Uk should be first. It’s the only of the 5 basic powers that don’t have a set even Italy and France will have a set out before UK.

• @Yavid:

I still say Uk should be first. It’s the only of the 5 basic powers that don’t have a set even Italy and France will have a set out before UK.

And separate colors for Canada, India and South Africa :-) Or at least, for their land units, as most naval would be regular British.

• Customizer

I agree. A gray set with major/minor complexes as well as and and navy bases is long over due.

• Customizer

@Bob_A_Mickelson:

I agree. A gray set with major/minor complexes as well as and and navy bases is long over due.

It would seem that an overwhelming number of A&A players are, and have been clamoring for these same pieces for quite a long time now. I couldn’t agree MORE!
    I can remember a long and quite detailed discussion of this issue(gray Major/Minor factories, Air/Naval Bases, etc.) a year or more ago. My fingers are still crossed(and my money still waits) for these NECESARY units to be produced.

I may be wrong,…but it seems to me that these “Generic” units would be an overwhelming success as far as sales go as EVERYONE wants/needs them. I can’t imagine that there wouldn’t be enough interest in these units to warrant their production.

What do YA’LL Think???

“Tall Paul”

• @Tall:

@Bob_A_Mickelson:

It would seem that an overwhelming number of A&A players are, and have been clamoring for these same pieces for quite a long time now. I couldn’t agree MORE!
    I can remember a long and quite detailed discussion of this issue(gray Major/Minor factories, Air/Naval Bases, etc.) a year or more ago. My fingers are still crossed(and my money still waits) for these NECESARY units to be produced.

I may be wrong,…but it seems to me that these “Generic” units would be an overwhelming success as far as sales go as EVERYONE wants/needs them. I can’t imagine that there wouldn’t be enough interest in these units to warrant their production.

What do YA’LL Think???

“Tall Paul”

I completely agree with everything you said, I still say UK first. It would mean that all 5 major powers has a set out and then the generic set.

• @Tall:

What do YA’LL Think???

“Tall Paul”

I’m not saying that I wouldn’t buy them, but they’re a lower priority for me than (COMPLETE!) UK and French sets.  (Can you tell that I really want to replace those blue Russians!)  I use those grey risk “capitals” for large IC’s (which fit perfectly in with them, btw) so I’m comfortable with them for now.  I don’t really use “bases” yet, but if I do HBG’s acrylic ones seem at least adequate to me (in some cases quite good, like their latest “flak tower” which impressed me.)  All of these neutrals/ minors/ buildings/ early war sets are awesome, don’t get me wrong, but I still find it frustrating that we still don’t have the basics covered yet.  I guess FMG was supposed to have handled the “basics” by now, but who knows what happened to them…

• '20 '19 '18 '16 '15 '11 '10

I agree, French pieces are needed  (Free French and Vichy). Foreign Legion would be good too.

• any news on if second edition1940 will have new french pieces?

• @Lunarwolf:

any news on if second edition1940 will have new french pieces?

I just checked out some pics of 2nd edition '40… looks like it’s a no to new french units.

• Customizer

On the subject of 3-D air and naval bases, What I did for my Global game was buy little plastic anchor charms on eBay and glue them to infantry bases so they stand upright and for airbases I took cylindrical clothes pegs and cut them short and painted them up like hangars. If HBG wanted to borrow this idea and they could make sweet units like these with ridges in the hangars to look like corrugated steel like hangars. I’ll post pictures when I get home but you can check my blog under the painting section. Here’s the link.
    http://dicetruction.blogspot.ca/2012/01/painting-accessories.html?m=0

• Customizer

It (STILL) seems to me that most everyone wants 3-D types of Air/Naval Bases, Etc. even if they aren’t their top priority. I only hope that SOMEBODY will oneday produce them. I predict that they would have GREAT SALES numbers when produced.

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

Here’s a picture of the pieces we use, the monopoly house is for labs that develop tech.

I think these pieces would be easy and cheap to mold and sell and if anyone from HBG wants to use these ideas, as I said previously, go right ahead. The flat acrylic pieces are much better than the cardboard OOB junk but actual 3-D pieces are way cooler looking.

bases.JPG

• '10

@Most:

Here’s a picture of the pieces we use, the monopoly house is for labs that develop tech.

I think these pieces would be easy and cheap to mold and sell and if anyone from HBG wants to use these ideas, as I said previously, go right ahead. The flat acrylic pieces are much better than the cardboard OOB junk but actual 3-D pieces are way cooler looking.

I have seen this set-up at FMGC 2012…  It was amazing!

Jeremy

• Customizer

I really like the look of the little half-moon shaped hangers. Aren’t those called quonset huts? Anyway, it looks really cool.

Question: What is the red thing on the far right that looks like a set of stairs?

• Customizer

Those are bleachers (houses) from NFL Monopoly. I glued short dowels to the back and painted them brick red to use as minor factories.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m