Since this is a Ltd Edition game, are there any shortages out there?

• Since this is a Limited Edition game, are there any shortages out there?

• I have heard of some countries that ran out of copies already.

So yes there is shortages in some markets.

Jeff

• '10

I have completely sold out of these and drained two other suppliers.  I contacted WOTC and they said there was no initial plans to re-print it!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!

This game was so popular I could not keep it on the shelf and I was shipping it all over the world.

They said they were “looking into it” and maybe they would do another run for the Holidays…  WAKE UP PEOPLE…  it is only spring!!!

I guess they don’t like making money OR they are just plain stupid over there.

• My copy took over 3 months to get here, among otehr things all copies in NZ sold out quickly, and the supplier had to go to Australia, with no luck.

Eventually it was shipped from the US to here.

I was told there were real supply issues and shortages.

• just buy the pieces from Field Marshall games soon enough and DL my map. Lastly, you can get the rules from AH site…so its not over.

• I got my hands on A&A50 the very first day it came to Stockholm, Sweden. 4 hours after the shop opened, there were only a few copies left. None of my A&A hardcore friends got it. I just don’t think Avalon Hill really understand, how much compassion we have for A&A. I wouldn’t sell my copy for all the money in the world.

The famous chess player Siegbert Tarrasch said that “chess, like love, like music, has the power to make men happy.”

I say “A&A, like love, like music, has the power to make men happy.”

• Being from Germany I bought my copy at amazon.de as soon as possible in November 2008 and paid EURO 71 for it. A few weeks later it was sold out. Today you can buy AA50 via amazon marketplace from three different sellers for the price of at least EURO 245 plus shipping (EURO 245 = USD 330).

• Is that right?

In Europe you can’t get it for less than EURO 245?

Amazing!!!

How about the UK? Yes , I know you are in Europe, sort of!  :  )

• Wow, I am glad my wife bought the game for me before Christmas.  I didn’t even think they might limit the number they put out, also did not see that it was a limited edition.  Some limited edition items usually get shipped out first with something extra, and then another batch comes out later, usually lacking something cool that was in the first wave.  An example, Halo 2 limited edition came in a metal box, they only made so many and then you had to settle for a regular plastic one.  Maybe that is what will happen with AA50?  I am not sure what they might take out, maybe the box containers? change the map?

• There might be an “Advanced” version coming - or “Delux”. However, I don’t like the idea of that. If you want more advance war games, there are already much better ones out on the market.

A&A should be kept simple. Just like A&A, A&A rev. and A&A50. No more units, please. And no more rules!

• @hakan:

There might be an “Advanced” version coming - or “Delux”. However, I don’t like the idea of that. If you want more advance war games, there are already much better ones out on the market.

A&A should be kept simple. Just like A&A, A&A rev. and A&A50. No more units, please. And no more rules!

Where did you hear about an “advanced/deluxe” version?

• They have been talking of this for many many years here:

http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/bb2/index.php

//Håkan

• @hakan:

They have been talking of this for many many years here:

http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/bb2/index.php

//Håkan

Thanks Hakan!  (well, I feel out of the loop)

• The famous chess player Siegbert Tarrasch said that “chess, like love, like music, has the power to make men happy.”

“Love that has a game of Chess in it can checkmate a mans heart and solve the problem of life”- Mark Twain

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I have 3 copies available, $225 each, if anyone wants one.  I live in vancover canada so shipping may be a vice for some ppl.

if you know anyone who wants one, PM me.  If axis and allies Iron Blitz ( seen it sold for $500+ on ebay) is any indication of value ppl put on legit A&A product, its a good investment to get a copy at decent value whilst you can.

• got mine a month ago on amazon a order came in two days

• @fanofbond:

got mine a month ago on amazon a order came in two days

Where are you from? Still possible today?

• Bought mine a month ago for 82 bux off of amazon, guess i got lucky

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m