• @AndrewAAGamer it is played in the tripleA gaming lobby, and i understand there is a tabletop following as well. (as mentioned above, Grasshopper made table top accessories for the mod).

• @regularkid said in G40 Balance Mod - Feedback Thread:

YoungGrasshopper was nice enough to make printable player cards for a table top version of Balance Mod

Can these be found anywhere? Searched the web without success.

@Young-Grasshopper @regularkid

• @trulpen never did get around to it, but I’ll be customizing all summer 2020 and should get one available before winter.
    YG

• @trulpen hey bro, I got the history a little mixed up (was four years ago). While Young Grasshopper expressed an interest in making National Objective cards for use in tabletop games, it was actually cyanight who wound up making them. Here is Cyanight’s post: https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/post/742280.

And here is the link to the cards he designed: http://www.artscow.com/ClientDesigner/Designer.aspx?DesignId=164810677. (This link is only viewable with internet explorer).

Enjoy!

Screen Shot 2020-05-07 at 4.51.39 PM.png

• @regularkid Wonderful! Thanks! :)

• the bid rules are now summarized to:

1. one unit per territory
    2. bidding only where u already have a unit / or a ship if it is a sz
    3. bidding only where u already have a unit of that power, not side (so no UK units bid in S. France for example)

But what do U think about increasing the bids in our games, but with the new rule

1. one bid per country

I see some bad effects of bidding 3 units for UK , or something like that.

this how the bid can be bigger, but more balanced throughout the map, with more units, but 1 unit per power? (uk and uk pac are 2 powers) ?

what do U think?

cheers

Amon

• @Amon-Sul said in G40 Balance Mod - Feedback Thread:

the bid rules are now summarized to:

3. bidding only where u already have a unit of that power, not side (so no UK units bid in S. France for example)

But what do U think about increasing the bids in our games, but with the new rule

1. one bid per country

this how the bid can be bigger, but more balanced throughout the map, with more units, but 1 unit per power? (uk and uk pac are 2 powers) ?

what do U think?

cheers

Amon

I’d expect a clear tendency of needing a lot bigger money for the Allies and that the bid will go to more expensive units. I don’t think such a change would be beneficial for the balancing prospect.

• @trulpen said in G40 Balance Mod - Feedback Thread:

@Amon-Sul said in G40 Balance Mod - Feedback Thread:

1. one bid per country

what do U think?

cheers

Amon

I’d expect a clear tendency of needing a lot bigger money for the Allies and that the bid will go to more expensive units. I don’t think such a change would be beneficial for the balancing prospect.

why not? The bid of 30 IPC doesnt sound so big if u have to diverse it to 5-6 powers, and its good that way

otherwise if someone bids 3-4 units with uk, that somehow disbalances a theatre a lot

• @Amon-Sul said in G40 Balance Mod - Feedback Thread:

@trulpen said in G40 Balance Mod - Feedback Thread:

1. one bid per country

what do U think?

cheers

Amon

why not? The bid of 30 IPC doesnt sound so big if u have to diverse it to 5-6 powers, and its good that way

otherwise if someone bids 3-4 units with uk, that somehow disbalances a theatre a lot

Well, that’s the whole point of the bid. To upset the Axis advantage. Don’t see why the bid shouldn’t maximize that effect.

A bid for the US can be almost worthless regarding the direct impact on the game, if they don’t get into war until US3-4.

@trulpen said in G40 Balance Mod - Feedback Thread:

1. one bid per country

what do U think?

cheers

Amon

Well, that’s the whole point of the bid. To upset the Axis advantage. Don’t see why the bid shouldn’t maximize that effect.

A bid for the US can be almost worthless regarding the direct impact on the game, if they don’t get into war until US3-4.

but U can bid 1 unit for UK, 1 for UK Pacific, 1 for ANZAC, 1 for China

and its not so bad then.

no need for USA

• my point is to balance the game, but dont disbalance a theatre too much

• And my point I guess is that it would only lead to a bigger bid with more powerful units bought. It will be a new situation, definitely, but I’m not sure it would be better.

For me, I think the bid should be as small as possible.

And my point I guess is that it would only lead to a bigger bid with more powerful units bought. It will be a new situation, definitely, but I’m not sure it would be better.

yes, since u re an axis dudo xd

And my point I guess is that it would only lead to a bigger bid with more powerful units bought. It will be a new situation, definitely, but I’m not sure it would be better.

well u can bid 1 battleship for 20 ipc

or u can bid 4-5 units with 4-5 powers

that depends upon U ,and I assure U , the second is a far better option ;)

• I know it is.

I know it is.

but U would not the less suggest the allies to bid one battleship ::P

• It weakens the Allied bid, and I think that’s bad for the game. Rather the bid needs to be strengthened, as it seems atm.

• '21 '20 '18 '17 '16 '15 TripleA

I have a question: What is the going bid for BM? I’m getting back into it and I’m curious as originally the goal was to eliminate bids but I think they’re still around?

As for the increased costs to bombers, for what it’s worth, I think an increase to 14 makes sense. Every single unit in A&A has had some cost or attribute change since the original game (if you count inf getting the art bonus hehe), so it makes sense to reconsider value from time to time as the game evolves and strategies develop.

Personally I like the sbr bonus at 2 or 3. What really makes them overpowered, in my opinion, is their airbase range. Not saying that should be changed though as that would have a huge impact. I still remember the long ago forum discussions around weakening the defence of ACs from 3 to 2, and making subs weaker on defense, and 2-hit battleships. Great discussions to have and good ideas often flow from them!

• '19 '17

@freh Around 10 for Allies seems to be the average.

• @Adam514 Thanks!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m