Scramble against G1 100% navy/air build

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

What do you guys think? I am starting to think it is okey.  In most cases the Scotland fighter lives and the gib fighter can defend as well. This means if London buys 6 inf and 1plane you have like 11 inf/mech and 3 planes (2).if everything goes poorly buy 9 inf. Why not?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

The scotland and Gib fighter are needed for attacks against Italy.

But if you don’t care what the Italian navy is doing, then I don’t see why not.

That said,  your aircraft are equally useful on a full counterstrike against a navy or any naval elements, like a loose battleship or the odd sub that’s in the region (so long as you have a destroyer still present).

• Full scram, then grab your lapels!

If you got 'em!

WHAT!?!  :? :evil:

(I have modified this under threat of Ban. Have a nice day  :-()

• Founder TripleA Admin

Curtmungus, if you continue with this language and attitude, then you will be banned for 1 week. Tone it down and stop with the giant fonts.

• '19 '17 '16

Hmm, normally a 1-1 trade of UK air for German air is favourable for the allies but if there is going to be a sea lion, it may not be. I guess there is no hard and fast rule. You have to weigh up the probability of a successful sea lion and the probability of not being able to do the Taranto raid if you do scramble.

To clearify

F.eks if Germany sends two subs, 3 fighters, 3 tacs and a bomber to 110. Maybe it it is less attractive if the battleship and sub goes to 110 (less German air down)

In the med, egypt destroyer goes to 99 and you attack 96 with cruiser (98) and carrier or cruiser (91). You attack tobruk with everything you have (tac + malta fighter). It is also favourable to attck ethiopia with 2inf + art + cruiser bombardment from India

If 106 has 2 german subs you attck with bomber, 109 destroyer and 91 cruiser. This will free opp two more units for london from Canada. You also block italy from Egypt. It gives you one extra round to defend egypt if Sea lion is not on (most likely), But yeah, Italy is left with two trannies, the battleship and extra cruiser

If sea lion is not on I think Egypt is defendable in this scenario

• '19 '17 '16

Does that infer that SZ111 gets sub+BB+tac+ftr+bomber? If attacking SZ111 with less than that, I reckon I would scramble come what may.

I’d be reluctant to scramble SZ110 with that attack regardless of the buy. Although if I really don’t want to scramble 111, I can still do Taranto if the SZ91 cruiser survives. I guess the weak attack in SZ91 does make the scramble decision more difficult.

About the only buy which would really bother me with the scramble decision is a CV+(TT/troops/air).

@simon33:

Does that infer that SZ111 gets sub+BB+tac+ftr+bomber? If attacking SZ111 with less than that, I reckon I would scramble come what may.

I’d be reluctant to scramble SZ110 with that attack regardless of the buy. Although if I really don’t want to scramble 111, I can still do Taranto if the SZ91 cruiser survives. I guess the weak attack in SZ91 does make the scramble decision more difficult.

About the only buy which would really bother me with the scramble decision is a CV+(TT/troops/air).

Yes, 111 gets exactely that

• '21 '20 '18 '17

If the buy indicates he is going to put pressure on the UK throughout the early game, then scrambling is not the best move.

If he sends 6 (vs 5) hits to 109 and 8 (vs 7) hits to 110, both battles remain in his favor even when you scramble, so you are really asking the dice to go your way here, in order to stymy his sealion intentions from the start.  You should always scramble when he commits the same or fewer hits than you, but that’s not the normal situation and only comes up when he makes a mistake or spreads out in to too many commits.

If you fail during these rolls and the first turn goes badly (usually does for UK since you have less than Germany), your fighter losses make the later invasion battles easier for the Axis.  And if you don’t hit Italy, Italy can throw itself at you between German waves…Double Sea Lion…

A conservative play by UK in the face of German threat would be to not scramble, and avoid the risk of losing badly, then go on to shepherd your forces, which is not dependent on luck at all, (including possibly a no-Taranto or Taranto-lite), so that when he comes for you, you have 20+ cannon fodder and 4+ fighters alive…and Germany has a less than a 45% chance of knocking out your fortress stack during his initial wave.

• @djensen:

Curtmungus, if you continue with this language and attitude, then you will be banned for 1 week. Tone it down and stop with the giant fonts.

Hold on, what is this?

Lets break this down.

The Lord Curtmungus is being warned OR ELSE, it seems.

So the infractions are language, attitude and large fonts.

Lets deal with language. So, using the slang term for the male anatomy of testicle’s is a abuse of language on the forum? Granted I have not read the user agreement on what is acceptable and not acceptable use of the English language. I just assumed that use of slang words for human anatomy was not out of bounds on the forums. Maybe crude and shows a lack of vocabulary but not a ban, I could be wrong, most likely Iam wrong.

Now to the claim of attitude. I personally like Curtmungus’s over the top attitude. It amuses me to no end and gives me a glimpse into the type of player he is. I relish in his attitude for I to agree with him. If we are going to play this game lets have some fun, play with huge attitudes and roll some freaking dice and see where the carnage leads us. Getting banned because your attitude makes other posters and readers of the forums tremble in fear or get offended, well, mmmmm. snowflakes? wimps? pansies?

Now on to Large fonts. It is very obvious Curtmungus speaks with a very loud voice. He is obviously not a meek man or speaks in whispers. He wants every one to know what he says when he speaks for it has vast insight and knowledge. Since we are not speaking face to face the only way to show that in the written word is in large, very large font. Once again I will defer to my nature that I do not mind posters posting in large font. It shows their passion and their love for this game. Banning a poster for writing in large font is insane and borderline fascist?

Now that I made my impassioned defense of Curtmungus I will offer one rebuke so the Curtmungus can avoid future run in’s with the Gold Cloaks on the forum boards. Stop using ! to make your point. We get it. You are yelling like a berserker after drinking a case of beer with your large fonts. No need to double down and give a ! or the dreaded !!!.

• Sponsor

@PainState:

@djensen:

“Getting banned because your attitude makes other posters and readers of the forums tremble in fear or get offended, well, mmmmm. snowflakes? wimps? pansies?”

Let’s stay focused please, we’re here to talk about a board game… not tremble in fear and get called names.

• It’s all ok.  I’ve apologized to you all  :oops: :oops: :oops:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=40327.0

• '19 '17 '16

@oysteilo:

@simon33:

Yes, 111 gets exactely that

No scramble 110, scramble 111.

• Sponsor

@oysteilo:

What do you guys think? I am starting to think it is okey.  In most cases the Scotland fighter lives and the gib fighter can defend as well. This means if London buys 6 inf and 1plane you have like 11 inf/mech and 3 planes (2).if everything goes poorly buy 9 inf. Why not?

What about the UK keeping all their income turn 1?

If there’s no Sealion threat… buy all the fighters you like turn 3, but if there’s a Sealion threat… than buy all the infantry you like turn 2.

@Young:

@oysteilo:

What do you guys think? I am starting to think it is okey.  In most cases the Scotland fighter lives and the gib fighter can defend as well. This means if London buys 6 inf and 1plane you have like 11 inf/mech and 3 planes (2).if everything goes poorly buy 9 inf. Why not?

If there’s no Sealion threat… buy all the fighters you like turn 3, but if there’s a Sealion threat… than buy all the infantry you like turn 2.

I think the problem with that is, if Germany does go for sea lion you are only allowed to place 10 units in London, You need more than that

• Sponsor

@oysteilo:

@Young:

@oysteilo:

What do you guys think? I am starting to think it is okey. � In most cases the Scotland fighter lives and the gib fighter can defend as well. This means if London buys 6 inf and 1plane you have like 11 inf/mech and 3 planes (2).if everything goes poorly buy 9 inf. Why not?

I think the problem with that is, if Germany does go for sea lion you are only allowed to place 10 units in London, You need more than that

True

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m