New Unopened Copy of Second Edition

• The book store was asking a hundred dollars.

• I would pay something slightly above the Amazon price (50 USD atm).

You have posted in “1942 2nd Edition (released in 2012)” - forum, so I assume we are talking about this version …
    … or is it about the 80’s edition?

Please indicate, we can move the poll/topic to the “Axis & Allies 2nd Edition” - forum in case you meant the old edition.

• @P@nther:

I would pay something slightly above the Amazon price (50 USD atm).

You have posted in “1942 2nd Edition (released in 2012)” - forum, so I assume we are talking about this version …

Please indicate, we can move the poll/topic to the “Axis & Allies 2nd Edition” - forum in case you meant the old edition.

Yes, I was speaking about the 1980s game.

• I have 2 boards and one vinyl map. 4 rule books. A ton of pieces. I’d pay $10 bucks cause i dont need it

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

The old A&A retailed for about $20, if I recall, which is about $42 today.

But the old game was kind of cheaply made: standardized parts, cheap styrofoam parts, non-great plastic, black and white rule set. Yet the board was decent and army cards were nice.

Point being, the games have only gotten better in quality in the parts they have, even if they bizarrely dumped the army cards, money and factories.

• I remember buying the 86 second edition from my FLGS and it was around $60 here.

I liked the set up cards and the place to put newly bought units. I didn’t find the charts hard to read either.

The styrofoam inserts meshed nicely with the charts for storage (with a rubber band). Only thing is they only were good for one copy in some compartments.
    I like the new boxes with set up charts on the lids, although I had to make compartments from files on BGG.

Plano boxes failed, for me, in the 1942 2nd ed. game. I have since used the damaged Anniversary boxes as I have the replacements from WOTC.
    Works fine, but the box doesn’t close properly. :-( Still looking for the best solution for 1942 2nd as I have two games worth of components to store.

• @robert:

Plano boxes failed, for me, in the 1942 2nd ed. game. I have since used the damaged Anniversary boxes as I have the replacements from WOTC.
    Works fine, but the box doesn’t close properly. :-( Still looking for the best solution for 1942 2nd as I have two games worth of components to store.

You might want to have a look at Flambeau Zerust Tuff-Tainer 5004 plastic storage boxes, with movable dividers.  They’re what I use to organize my collection of sculpts.  Extra dividers can be ordered separately, if you need more than what comes in the boxes themselves.

• thanks, looked into them. they hold all the pieces judging by the dimensions.

I like each faction to have its own “box”. The 1940 games do but my 1942 2nd ed. needs some help. :-(

• @P@nther:

P.S.
    If I may be so bold… like some others have mentioned, I think the entire Axis and Allies community would be better-served if this forum were simply renamed “Axis and Allies Classic”… naming it like the current 2nd Edition of the game is really just silly… I don’t know anyone who calls this version “2nd edition” (I know it’s in reference to the 1986 rules rewrite), but everyone I know calls this version “Classic”. Calling this forum 2nd Edition can lead to people getting confused or questioning exactly what people are talking about (such as the above example).

• @Nowhere:

@P@nther:

P.S.
    If I may be so bold… like some others have mentioned, I think the entire Axis and Allies community would be better-served if this forum were simply renamed “Axis and Allies Classic”… naming it like the current 2nd Edition of the game is really just silly… I don’t know anyone who calls this version “2nd edition” (I know it’s in reference to the 1986 rules rewrite), but everyone I know calls this version “Classic”. Calling this forum 2nd Edition can lead to people getting confused or questioning exactly what people are talking about (such as the above example).

I second this idea. When you say “Second Edition”, these days you might be talking about: Second rule set for Milton Bradley A&A (A&A Classic), 1942 Second Edition, Europe 1940 Second Edition, Pacific 1940 Second Edition, or Global 1940 Second Edition. That’s five different games. When you say “Axis & Allies Classic”, people know what you are talking about.

-Midnight_Reaper

• Wouldn’t do it unless you’re a collector. Rules are available online and pieces are available on ebay or HBG. just my opinion

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m