• Customizer

@LHoffman:

@toblerone77:

P.S.Thanks for the extra bits and the coaster. It will hold a frosty beverage nicely as I rearrange my “tackle boxes” to make homes for my new stuff.

Yeah, I have actually found those very useful. I have gotten a few from past orders and they are the coasters on our coffee table at home and I have one in my office at work too.

I didn’t really plan or think to use them so much, but they work well and it was just pretty natural. A couple people have already asked me what HBG is because of them.

Yeah I love them. They also can work really well in a pinch for marshaling cards on a small board like Spring 42. And the missus likes them well…. because I actually use them.

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

Now guys, we do sell some really nice Marshaling cards also!

• @toblerone77:

as I rearrange my “tackle boxes” to make homes for my new stuff.

Ah, yes – one of my own favourite recreational activities in life.  I’ll be engaging in it soon, according to the HBG shipping confirmation I got a couple of days ago.

• Customizer

I got my pieces. They look fantastic. The detail is just amazing. One thing especially that I noticed was on the paratrooper unit. There is a little piece of plastic that sticks out from his weapon in front. At first I thought it was a bit of flash but soon noticed that ALL of them had this piece. Upon closer inspection I realized that it is the ammo magazine for the sub machine gun! What a tiny detail. You just don’t see that on most pieces of this type and it could have easily been left off without anyone really noticing, yet there it is anyway. GREAT JOB COACH!!!

I also want to thank Coach for the many little extra pieces. Not necessary but very welcome. I got a lot of trucks for Japan now.

Love all the colors too. I really like that yellow/gold color. It just looks really cool to me. Also, I know the fourth color is called “light rose” but let’s get serious, it’s pink. Maybe those units can represent the softer side of the Japanese Empire. Or perhaps if the war dragged on and on, and too many men were killed, they have to send out woman units to fight the cursed Allies.

HBG Japanese Supplement set.JPG

• Customizer

Hey Guys,
    I took a couple of comparison shots between HBG’s new units and OOB pieces.
    The red units match up nearly identical in color. The OOB infantry piece looks just a tad darker.
    The burnt orange pieces are very close as well. In this case, the OOB infantry piece looks a little lighter, although I have noticed with nearly all the OOB sets, the infantry tends to be a bit lighter than the non-infantry units with the exception being Germany (not really any such thing as a “lighter” black).
    In both cases, the main difference in non-infantry pieces between HBG and OOB (besides the much greater detail in the HBG pieces) is that the OOB pieces are made of a somewhat harder and more brittle plastic so they have a shinier appearance.
    Great job on matching the colors guys. I’m sure that’s not an easy task.

HBG Japan Red units.JPG
    HBG Japan Orange units.JPG

• Thanks for the comparative shots!  The shades do indeed seem to match very well.

• Thanks Knp.

• Yes, the colors area near perfect match.  The only real difference is that OOB pieces are in shiny plastic while those from HBG are flat.  I’m very pleased with them.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Pacific:

Yes, the colors area near perfect match.  The only real difference is that OOB pieces are in shiny plastic while those from HBG are flat.  I’m very pleased with them.

Don’t matter if you are going to paint them  :lol:

• Customizer

@coachofmany:

You are welcome and thank you for the compliments. We are needing to generate some pre-order monies for the Expansion set and we are throwing in a Japanese Jet at last minute. All pre-order sets will get a free Japanese Kikka jet fighter for every pack they pre-order. I will have a picture of the model next week.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nakajima_Kikka

@toblerone77:

JUST CAME IN THE MAIL!!! THANK YOU HBG!!!

First, the pieces look fantastic.

Secondly, and just IMO, for you guys out there that have MB Classic pieces, you know that the figures are a bit darker than the vehicle units. The HBG yellow gold color kind of bridges the gap between the two colors. You could easily make a new nation or have an elite branch of military with your old and new units.
    It’s hard to justify with photos but I swear the colors meld enough that it’s not much different than some of the color variation that you get between say AAG40.1 and AAG40.2. For a ten buck gamble you can’t loose.

Third, for anyone still on the fence these pieces look great just to flavor your F2F games. You don’t have make variants or special rules for these if you don’t want too. They’re just plain nice. They look better than OOB and for people who got short changed by WOTC in the past, these will fill your ranks of MIA units nicely.

Fourth. If you like the last sets that have come out these are even better.

Last. HBG you guys did awesome! These were soooo worth any waiting. Thank you.

P.S.Thanks for the extra bits and the coaster. It will hold a frosty beverage nicely as I rearrange my “tackle boxes” to make homes for my new stuff.

Does this apply to all pre-orders or only new pre-orders of this set? I already ordered four of the second set when I ordered the first sets. I’ll be ordering either way I’m just curious.

• As I was leaving for work this morning, the receptionist in my building told me that “a little package” had just arrived for me (I guessed right away what it was) and asked me if I wanted it now or later.  Most definitely now!  I brought it to work with me and I’ve just finished checking out the cherry red, burnt orange and classic yellow sculpts I’d ordred.  As has already been reported by others, the level of detailing is excellent and (as far as I can tell from memory, since I don’t keep my sculpt collection at the office) the colour matches look right on target.  I’ll examine the pieces in closer detail tonight because drooling over HBG sculpts on company time is immoral.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

I very much appreciate the visible porthole details on the Kaga… it adds sooo much to the sculpt and makes it feel like a real miniature. Best of the bunch in my opinion. Hopefully I can make the portholes stand out during the painting process, don’t want to lose the best feature.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@toblerone77:

@coachofmany:

You are welcome and thank you for the compliments. We are needing to generate some pre-order monies for the Expansion set and we are throwing in a Japanese Jet at last minute. All pre-order sets will get a free Japanese Kikka jet fighter for every pack they pre-order. I will have a picture of the model next week.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nakajima_Kikka

@toblerone77:

JUST CAME IN THE MAIL!!! THANK YOU HBG!!!

First, the pieces look fantastic.

Secondly, and just IMO, for you guys out there that have MB Classic pieces, you know that the figures are a bit darker than the vehicle units. The HBG yellow gold color kind of bridges the gap between the two colors. You could easily make a new nation or have an elite branch of military with your old and new units.
    It’s hard to justify with photos but I swear the colors meld enough that it’s not much different than some of the color variation that you get between say AAG40.1 and AAG40.2. For a ten buck gamble you can’t loose.

Third, for anyone still on the fence these pieces look great just to flavor your F2F games. You don’t have make variants or special rules for these if you don’t want too. They’re just plain nice. They look better than OOB and for people who got short changed by WOTC in the past, these will fill your ranks of MIA units nicely.

Fourth. If you like the last sets that have come out these are even better.

Last. HBG you guys did awesome! These were soooo worth any waiting. Thank you.

Does this apply to all pre-orders or only new pre-orders of this set? I already ordered four of the second set when I ordered the first sets. I’ll be ordering either way I’m just curious.

ALL pre-orders get the Kikkas. Only folks who don’t are the ones that buy the Expansion Sets after they are out. We are trying to get as many pre-orders as possible to fund the sets so as to keep them flowing to the factory. Slower money means slower pieces  :cry: Faster money means faster pieces!  :-D

• Customizer

Very cool bonus. Thanks Variable. Now I will have some Me262s in pink, ha ha ha.

Now everybody, tremble before the might of the Grand Imperial Army and Navy!

New Army.JPG
    New Navy.JPG

• Customizer

Of course, an army and navy wouldn’t be complete without the MIGHTY IMPERIAL AIR FORCE!

Who can possibly withstand the great might of Japan now? The Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere is upon us!

New Air Force.JPG

• Customizer

ROFLMAO! That is truly awesome my friend!!!

• Impressive photos of an impressive collection!

• Customizer

Okay guys, those last three pictures were representative of the Imperial Armed Forces around December 1941 and early 1942, when Japan was unstoppable and driving all before it. As we all know, the duration of the Second World War took quite a toll on the Japanese Military so I thought it a good idea to show rough representations toward the end of the war.

1st picture = rough approximation of the Japanese Military around July 31, 1945.

2nd picture = rough approximation of the Japanese Military after August 10, 1945.

7-31-1945.JPG
    8-10-1945.JPG

• This question might have been posted already, I haven’t checked all that much.  I’m sorry if it’s redundant/being rehashed.

I’m wondering if individual units from the sets can still be ordered, instead of the whole thing.  I don’t have use for some of the units in the sets, and I just can’t justify shelving the ones I don’t need when I get the order because it’s wasted money.  The last answer I got was: this option is available 6 weeks after the initial shipments of the sets.  If this is the case, then would mid December be the time to order individual units, if the end of October is the initial shipping date?

HBG, you might be able to see more coin if you do this sooner than later, but I obviously can’t say for sure because I’m not knowledgeable enough of the situation you guys are in to say it’s feasible.  I am a lil’ biased when I suggest that, as one might have guessed, because I’d really like to acquire some of these said units lol.

• Customizer

@Ben_D:

This question might have been posted already, I haven’t checked all that much.  I’m sorry if it’s redundant/being rehashed.

I’m wondering if individual units from the sets can still be ordered, instead of the whole thing.  I don’t have use for some of the units in the sets, and I just can’t justify shelving the ones I don’t need when I get the order because it’s wasted money.  The last answer I got was: this option is available 6 weeks after the initial shipments of the sets.  If this is the case, then would mid December be the time to order individual units, if the end of October is the initial shipping date?

HBG, you might be able to see more coin if you do this sooner than later, but I obviously can’t say for sure because I’m not knowledgeable enough of the situation you guys are in to say it’s feasible.  I am a lil’ biased when I suggest that, as one might have guessed, because I’d really like to acquire some of these said units lol.

It’s around six weeks after the second set of Japanese units ship I believe.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m