Global 2nd edition Q+A ( AAG40.2)

• @P@nther:

The official FAQ has been updated per November 24, 2014:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ah/faqs

Shoot, it was only one page back.  Here you go.

• cheers mate  8-)

• Sponsor

Can my Italian Paratroppers be used to invade an empty North African territory as long as there is at least one of my land units attacking from an adjacent territory? In other words, can I use the ability to get troops into Africa as long as there are reachable Allied territories to attack?

My opponent recently abandoned a French territory in North Africa and left it empty just to prevent me from using an airbourne assault from Rome as a transport to Africa. He said I couldn’t drop paratroopers into an empty enemy territory even if I had a unit attacking from an adjacent territory.

• You can add paratroopers to an empty territory if you are attacking with at least 1 other land unit.  Your opponent is incorrect - he can’t prevent paratroopers by emptying out territories.

• Sponsor

@Gamerman01:

You can add paratroopers to an empty territory if you are attacking with at least 1 other land unit.  Your opponent is incorrect - he can’t prevent paratroopers by emptying out territories.

Thanks Gamerman.

• Sponsor

2nd question about paratroopers…

If they are deployed as part of an amphibious assault, and the landing fails due to sea combat… What happens to the paratroopers?

• Good question.  I would think the same thing as overland ground units that were supposed to join an amphibious assault.  They have to fight on their own, and there is nowhere to retreat unless there were also other overland ground units attacking.

The paratrooper description doesn’t specifically say so, but I think it is implied that all combat movement (which would include paratroopers) takes place in the combat movement phase, so paratroopers are already committed to the coastal territory.  If the amphibious landing never takes place because the sea battle failed, the paratroopers are still committed, and on their own.  If there are no overland ground units also attacking the coastal territory, the paratroopers can’t retreat, just like with amphibious assault ground units.

• @Young:

@Gamerman01:

You can add paratroopers to an empty territory if you are attacking with at least 1 other land unit.�  Your opponent is incorrect - he can’t prevent paratroopers by emptying out territories.

Thanks Gamerman.

Sure, no problem.  The requirement is that the territory be enemy controlled.  There is no requirement that it have a unit in it.

• Sponsor

@Gamerman01:

Good question.  I would think the same thing as overland ground units that were supposed to join an amphibious assault.  They have to fight on their own, and there is nowhere to retreat unless there were also other overland ground units attacking.

The paratrooper description doesn’t specifically say so, but I think it is implied that all combat movement (which would include paratroopers) takes place in the combat movement phase, so paratroopers are already committed to the coastal territory.  If the amphibious landing never takes place because the sea battle failed, the paratroopers are still committed, and on their own.  If there are no overland ground units also attacking the coastal territory, the paratroopers can’t retreat, just like with amphibious assault ground units.

I agree.

• '19 '17

Can mechs and tanks starting in different territories invade the same empty territory and continue to the next territory? (mechs in east poland and tanks in ukraine going to west ukraine then bryansk)

• Good question  :-D

• '20 '16 '15 '14

@Adam514:

Can mechs and tanks starting in different territories invade the same empty territory and continue to the next territory? (mechs in east poland and tanks in ukraine going to west ukraine then bryansk)

No.  Page 29 of the 2nd Edition Rulebook states the following under the description for Mechanized Infantry:

“A mechanized infantry unit must normally stop when it enters an enemy controlled territory.  However, when paired one-for-one with a tank, it can make a blitz movement along with that tank.  The movement of both units must start and end in the same territories.” (emphasis added)

Therefore, your suggested move would be illegal since both units did not start in the same territory.

EDIT: The above is referencing the Europe rules – there is a similar entry on page 26 of the Pacific rules.

• '19 '17

Thanks!

• Sponsor

Can I move land units from Greece into Turkey without a transport, pretty sure I can’t, but someone wants me to ask.

• @Young:

Can I move land units from Greece into Turkey without a transport, pretty sure I can’t, but someone wants me to ask.

Yes you can walk from Greece to Turkey.  Absolutely no transports needed.

• Sponsor

@Gamerman01:

@Young:

Yes you can walk from Greece to Turkey.  Absolutely no transports needed.

Ok, thanks for that… gonna have to edit my tutorial video.  :-( my bad

• Any time, YG

• I know this isn’t the place to post this…but does anybody know what LHTR for carrier production rules are?
    Some of us are going to play a team game of World at War and that’s a game option. And I’m not sure if we want that or not.

• I’m pretty sure it means that you can place fighters on new carriers.  That didn’t use to be allowed.  This would include newly purchased fighters and also existing fighters landing on new carriers.  Back in the original, new carriers were always without planes because they weren’t allowed.  I believe LHTR was to change that and allow planes

• Official Q&A

That’s correct.  However, it may also refer to the fact that carriers cost 16 IPCs in LHTR.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m