AA Global 1940 Alpha+2 end of turn 7 pics

• '20 '19 '18 '16 '15 '11 '10

Here are some pics of a current AA Global 1940 game at the end of turn 7. The game has become a slug fest and it appears to me that Alpha+2 has fixed OOB. I’ve been playing AA since the mid-eighties and this is my favourite incarnation yet (AA50 is close though).

Thanks to those who worked on the Alpha project and thanks to this forum for answering my in game questions.

Koba salutes you.
    DSC00240.JPG
    DSC00237.JPG

• How is Iraq German?

The Germans took it as a pro-axis neutral.

The infantry painted the biegey colour and the little tan tank under the japanese bomber’s wing are Afrika corps. It’s hard to make out the detail because of what I had to do to shrink the image so I could post it.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I think what Brett is asking, is how did the Germans get to Iraq first? Before Italy?

Really, what he should be asking, is why aren’t all communists SHOT on sight, and why don’t we ban pictures of communist dictators and their representatives from the site. :P

Communism sucks, you should get over it immediately.

• @Gargantua:

I think what Brett is asking, is how did the Germans get to Iraq first? Before Italy?

Really, what he should be asking, is why aren’t all communists SHOT on sight, and why don’t we ban pictures of communist dictators and their representatives from the site. :P

Communism sucks, you should get over it immediately.

Do you mean the wall?

• Yes, what I was asking is How did Germany get to Iraq before Italy.  I usually take Egypt turn 2 with Italy, that and blitz a tank through to Iraq turn 3, or maybe walk a guy in there for turn 4.

Germany would have to spare a troop to walk into Italy turn 1. Load him on a transport G2.  Walk him off the transport G3 into Syria, then into Iraq G4.  That is the only way Germany could possibly get Iraq, but then, why isn’t that German troop chillin in Egypt and collecting a 5 IPC national objective?

Germany took Southern France. Built a transport there and took an infantry and an armour to Egypt. Italy took Jordan and Germany’s armour moved through to Iraq, leaving the infantry in Egypt. The Iraq forces were activated by Germany.

I used Italy to primarily secure Africa and I wanted a stronger German presence in the middle east. That’s why Italy did not take Iraq.

• Oh ok.  I forgot about the factory in Southern France.  I haven’t played a game where that is taken by the Germans yet.  Although there is now a thread about that strategy in the forum.

Yeah, I read that thread and decided to implement it. It’s working so far. I like having a quick reaction force from Germany to intervene in Africa if need be. I don’t have very strong forces in the former french territories and I’m about to rectify that situation. My opponent is obsessed with regaining the UK right now (has already failed twice) and sees Africa as a sideshow. I see it as a potential door to the “soft underbelly” of the Axis and am a bit disgruntled with my lack of defences in the region.

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m