Global 2nd edition Q+A ( AAG40.2)

• '12

@Skippi:

Situation:
    Italians make an amphibious assault from SZ98 with 1 Destroyer, 1Cruiser and 2 Transport full with 3 Inf and 1 Art uploaded against �gypt. There was an british Airbaise with 2 Fig and 1 Tac. The british decides to scramble. The Italians rolls 1 hit (the british Tac), the british rolls 2 hits (Destroyer and Cruiser).

Questions:
    1. After this first attack round can the italians decide to withdraw only with the 2 transports?
    2. If yes, are the landunits retreat on the transports too?

Yes and yes

• If India and West India are under Japanese control and UK takes back West India, do they get the two pu’s?

• '12

@captain:

If India and West India are under Japanese control and UK takes back West India, do they get the two pu’s?

only UK Pacific can collect For west India.  So if they don’t have the capital then no.  the other allies can collect for West India however.

• Thanks for the quick reply!

• In other words, any Ally with a capital (not the Dutch, obviously) can possibly collect from West India EXCEPT UK Europe.

Note also that UK Europe can NEVER build facilities on West India.  If UK forces liberate West India, it is UK controlled, but when UK controlled, only India could build facilities there, and never London

• '12

@Gamerman01:

In other words, any Ally with a capital (not the Dutch, obviously) can possibly collect from West India EXCEPT UK Europe.

Note also that UK Europe can NEVER build facilities on West India.  If UK forces liberate West India, it is UK controlled, but when UK controlled, only India could build facilities there, and never London

you rock gamerman.  is there any wonder why you are such a great player - you truly know the rules inside and out backwards and fowards.

• @Gamerman01:

In other words, any Ally with a capital (not the Dutch, obviously) can possibly collect from West India EXCEPT UK Europe.

Would London still collect the IPC’s since they took control of it from Japan and the capital is in enemy hands?

• @IKE:

@Gamerman01:

Would London still collect the IPC’s since they took control of it from Japan and the capital is in enemy hands?

No, London never collects IPC’s from any UK Pacific territories

• Hi guys,

Im going to play global again with the new set of rules in over more then 2 years.

I can only find separate rules and setups for both games but not for the global game.

I understand russia gets 6 infantries in 3 territories in the east and 2 AA`s in one, UK -1 in egypt and anzac +2 in egypt and Russia loses its 2 infantry bonus.

Is there anything else im missing about the setup?

I also have a question… Whats the increase in IPCs the USA gets once it gets into war and I remember having some one-time payment of IPCs on certain occasions…

The last rules ive played where the alpha 3,9 rules (I think?) and I wonder if there`s a recent chart of National Objectives.

Thanks a lot guys!

• @Rhey:

Hi guys,

Im going to play global again with the new set of rules in over more then 2 years.

I can only find separate rules and setups for both games but not for the global game.

That’s the way it is - look toward the back of the Europe book for the Global rules.

I understand russia gets 6 infantries in 3 territories in the east and 2 AA`s in one, UK -1 in egypt and anzac +2 in egypt and Russia loses its 2 infantry bonus.

You’re comparing the Europe setup to global.  Again, look in the back of the Europe book for instructions on playing global.  Perhaps you are unaware of those.

Is there anything else im missing about the setup?

I also have a question… Whats the increase in IPCs the USA gets once it gets into war and I remember having some one-time payment of IPCs on certain occasions…

USA just has at-war NO’s (like Russia does).  They’re the same as the last Alpha.  USA has a homeland NO for 10, 5 for Alaska/Hawaii/Aleuts etc, 5 for West Indies, Panama, Mexico etc for a total of 20.  They can also get 5 for Phillipines if Japan has not taken it.
    So normally, you are looking at the USA income going up 20 when joining the war, but there are ways for the Axis to reduce that.

The last rules ive played where the alpha 3,9 rules (I think?) and I wonder if there`s a recent chart of National Objectives.

Thanks a lot guys!

There are very few changes from the last Alpha to 2nd edition.  Yukon territory is eliminated.  A slight tweak was made to the Mongolia rules that adds Korea to the list of territories Russia can’t attack without breaking the pact.  One infantry subtracted from Egypt for UK.  I think that was it.

You also need links to the latest FAQs.  P@nther has provided those in the past - if you scan through this thread I don’t think you’ll have to go too far back until you see them.  I would answer you more completely, but I’m not sure what you know or don’t know.  So feel free to ask follow up questions.

• @P@nther:

The official FAQ has been updated per November 24, 2014:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ah/faqs

Shoot, it was only one page back.  Here you go.

• cheers mate  8-)

• Sponsor

Can my Italian Paratroppers be used to invade an empty North African territory as long as there is at least one of my land units attacking from an adjacent territory? In other words, can I use the ability to get troops into Africa as long as there are reachable Allied territories to attack?

My opponent recently abandoned a French territory in North Africa and left it empty just to prevent me from using an airbourne assault from Rome as a transport to Africa. He said I couldn’t drop paratroopers into an empty enemy territory even if I had a unit attacking from an adjacent territory.

• You can add paratroopers to an empty territory if you are attacking with at least 1 other land unit.  Your opponent is incorrect - he can’t prevent paratroopers by emptying out territories.

• Sponsor

@Gamerman01:

You can add paratroopers to an empty territory if you are attacking with at least 1 other land unit.  Your opponent is incorrect - he can’t prevent paratroopers by emptying out territories.

Thanks Gamerman.

• Sponsor

2nd question about paratroopers…

If they are deployed as part of an amphibious assault, and the landing fails due to sea combat… What happens to the paratroopers?

• Good question.  I would think the same thing as overland ground units that were supposed to join an amphibious assault.  They have to fight on their own, and there is nowhere to retreat unless there were also other overland ground units attacking.

The paratrooper description doesn’t specifically say so, but I think it is implied that all combat movement (which would include paratroopers) takes place in the combat movement phase, so paratroopers are already committed to the coastal territory.  If the amphibious landing never takes place because the sea battle failed, the paratroopers are still committed, and on their own.  If there are no overland ground units also attacking the coastal territory, the paratroopers can’t retreat, just like with amphibious assault ground units.

• @Young:

@Gamerman01:

You can add paratroopers to an empty territory if you are attacking with at least 1 other land unit.�  Your opponent is incorrect - he can’t prevent paratroopers by emptying out territories.

Thanks Gamerman.

Sure, no problem.  The requirement is that the territory be enemy controlled.  There is no requirement that it have a unit in it.

• Sponsor

@Gamerman01:

Good question.  I would think the same thing as overland ground units that were supposed to join an amphibious assault.  They have to fight on their own, and there is nowhere to retreat unless there were also other overland ground units attacking.

The paratrooper description doesn’t specifically say so, but I think it is implied that all combat movement (which would include paratroopers) takes place in the combat movement phase, so paratroopers are already committed to the coastal territory.  If the amphibious landing never takes place because the sea battle failed, the paratroopers are still committed, and on their own.  If there are no overland ground units also attacking the coastal territory, the paratroopers can’t retreat, just like with amphibious assault ground units.

I agree.

• '19 '17

Can mechs and tanks starting in different territories invade the same empty territory and continue to the next territory? (mechs in east poland and tanks in ukraine going to west ukraine then bryansk)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m