Global 2nd edition Q+A ( AAG40.2)

• The official FAQ has been updated per November 24, 2014:

What is new?

@FAQ:

Purchasing Units

Q. Can I purposely purchase more units than I can mobilize with the intent of deciding which
    units I want to keep based on the outcome of battles I intend to fight?

A. No. You may only purchase as many units as you will have the ability to mobilize after making repairs
    to any damaged industrial complexes. The rules for returning excess units are intended only for
    inadvertent over-purchasing.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ah/faqs

• Kudos to Herr KaLeun

• @Von:

Quote from: Zhukov44 on October 05, 2014, 10:26:39 am

Well the reason this came up is following Italy’s declaration on Russia and invasion of Russia, Germany did not declare on Russia, but moved forces into formerly Russian territory.  Should Germany get the peacetime NO in that scenario?

Yes germany double dips here.  They get the no for peace but their sub blocks the Russian no.

I am experiencing the above scenario in a game that is on hold till later after Turkey Day.  I am playing Germany and Italy.  I was able to DOW Russia on IT turn 2.  I blitzed a tank from Romania through Eastern Poland and into Baltic States (both countries were void of any Russian unit). On German Turn 3 I am not going to DOW Russia.  I am going to put a warship in SZ 124.  I will move units into Baltic States and Eastern Poland.  I will transport a load of two units into Baltic states from SZ 115 and be able to ignore the Russian cruiser and sub there because Germany is not at war with Russia.  So Germany will get the bonus for not being at War with Russia and Russia will not get a bonus because of an Axis Warship in SZ 124.

In addition on Russia turn three they cannot attack Italian controlled Eastern Poland or Baltic States or the transport in SZ 115 because they cannot DOW Germany until Turn 4.  So does all this ring true?  If so it seems rather odd.  But I would really enjoy being able to give this experience as a present to my Russia opponent.

Thank you for any replies.

We are back playing this scenario tonight.  The Russian Player wants to attack only the Italian tank in Baltic and ignore the German units because he is not at war with Germany.  Is this possible?  Why or why not?  Does a German unit moving into Italian controlled Russian territory (the Baltic) constitute a DOW?  Why or why not?

• You can’t do that.
    Because for all land battles, you must be at war with all nations you are attacking, whether they control the territory, or units.  It is only at SEA that you can attack units of powers with which you are at war, and not others.

I would quote you rulebook but don’t have time.  Family waiting for movie night.

Oh.  Just saw your second question is a different one.

Germans can move into Italian territory that was originally Russian without declaring war because it’s not Russian territory anymore.  It’s Italian.

Note that a German sub in 125 nullifies the NO even if Russia is not at war with Germany at the time, but is at war with Italy only.

• Hi, quick question, a game is happening now.
    With the rockets scientific advance, do I NEED to conduct a tatical/strategical bombing to use the rockets? or can  it be made even if no raids are happening in the turn?

• Rockets are independent of your planes
    Rockets are launched by your airbases.

• Situation:
    Italians make an amphibious assault from SZ98 with 1 Destroyer, 1Cruiser and 2 Transport full with 3 Inf and 1 Art uploaded against Ägypt. There was an british Airbaise with 2 Fig and 1 Tac. The british decides to scramble. The Italians rolls 1 hit (the british Tac), the british rolls 2 hits (Destroyer and Cruiser).

Questions:
    1. After this first attack round can the italians decide to withdraw only with the 2 transports?
    2. If yes, are the landunits retreat on the transports too?

• '12

@Skippi:

Situation:
    Italians make an amphibious assault from SZ98 with 1 Destroyer, 1Cruiser and 2 Transport full with 3 Inf and 1 Art uploaded against �gypt. There was an british Airbaise with 2 Fig and 1 Tac. The british decides to scramble. The Italians rolls 1 hit (the british Tac), the british rolls 2 hits (Destroyer and Cruiser).

Questions:
    1. After this first attack round can the italians decide to withdraw only with the 2 transports?
    2. If yes, are the landunits retreat on the transports too?

Yes and yes

• If India and West India are under Japanese control and UK takes back West India, do they get the two pu’s?

• '12

@captain:

If India and West India are under Japanese control and UK takes back West India, do they get the two pu’s?

only UK Pacific can collect For west India.  So if they don’t have the capital then no.  the other allies can collect for West India however.

• Thanks for the quick reply!

• In other words, any Ally with a capital (not the Dutch, obviously) can possibly collect from West India EXCEPT UK Europe.

Note also that UK Europe can NEVER build facilities on West India.  If UK forces liberate West India, it is UK controlled, but when UK controlled, only India could build facilities there, and never London

• '12

@Gamerman01:

In other words, any Ally with a capital (not the Dutch, obviously) can possibly collect from West India EXCEPT UK Europe.

Note also that UK Europe can NEVER build facilities on West India.  If UK forces liberate West India, it is UK controlled, but when UK controlled, only India could build facilities there, and never London

you rock gamerman.  is there any wonder why you are such a great player - you truly know the rules inside and out backwards and fowards.

• @Gamerman01:

In other words, any Ally with a capital (not the Dutch, obviously) can possibly collect from West India EXCEPT UK Europe.

Would London still collect the IPC’s since they took control of it from Japan and the capital is in enemy hands?

• @IKE:

@Gamerman01:

Would London still collect the IPC’s since they took control of it from Japan and the capital is in enemy hands?

No, London never collects IPC’s from any UK Pacific territories

• Hi guys,

Im going to play global again with the new set of rules in over more then 2 years.

I can only find separate rules and setups for both games but not for the global game.

I understand russia gets 6 infantries in 3 territories in the east and 2 AA`s in one, UK -1 in egypt and anzac +2 in egypt and Russia loses its 2 infantry bonus.

Is there anything else im missing about the setup?

I also have a question… Whats the increase in IPCs the USA gets once it gets into war and I remember having some one-time payment of IPCs on certain occasions…

The last rules ive played where the alpha 3,9 rules (I think?) and I wonder if there`s a recent chart of National Objectives.

Thanks a lot guys!

• @Rhey:

Hi guys,

Im going to play global again with the new set of rules in over more then 2 years.

I can only find separate rules and setups for both games but not for the global game.

That’s the way it is - look toward the back of the Europe book for the Global rules.

I understand russia gets 6 infantries in 3 territories in the east and 2 AA`s in one, UK -1 in egypt and anzac +2 in egypt and Russia loses its 2 infantry bonus.

You’re comparing the Europe setup to global.  Again, look in the back of the Europe book for instructions on playing global.  Perhaps you are unaware of those.

Is there anything else im missing about the setup?

I also have a question… Whats the increase in IPCs the USA gets once it gets into war and I remember having some one-time payment of IPCs on certain occasions…

USA just has at-war NO’s (like Russia does).  They’re the same as the last Alpha.  USA has a homeland NO for 10, 5 for Alaska/Hawaii/Aleuts etc, 5 for West Indies, Panama, Mexico etc for a total of 20.  They can also get 5 for Phillipines if Japan has not taken it.
    So normally, you are looking at the USA income going up 20 when joining the war, but there are ways for the Axis to reduce that.

The last rules ive played where the alpha 3,9 rules (I think?) and I wonder if there`s a recent chart of National Objectives.

Thanks a lot guys!

There are very few changes from the last Alpha to 2nd edition.  Yukon territory is eliminated.  A slight tweak was made to the Mongolia rules that adds Korea to the list of territories Russia can’t attack without breaking the pact.  One infantry subtracted from Egypt for UK.  I think that was it.

You also need links to the latest FAQs.  P@nther has provided those in the past - if you scan through this thread I don’t think you’ll have to go too far back until you see them.  I would answer you more completely, but I’m not sure what you know or don’t know.  So feel free to ask follow up questions.

• @P@nther:

The official FAQ has been updated per November 24, 2014:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ah/faqs

Shoot, it was only one page back.  Here you go.

• cheers mate  8-)

• Sponsor

Can my Italian Paratroppers be used to invade an empty North African territory as long as there is at least one of my land units attacking from an adjacent territory? In other words, can I use the ability to get troops into Africa as long as there are reachable Allied territories to attack?

My opponent recently abandoned a French territory in North Africa and left it empty just to prevent me from using an airbourne assault from Rome as a transport to Africa. He said I couldn’t drop paratroopers into an empty enemy territory even if I had a unit attacking from an adjacent territory.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m