Confirmed: NOT a joke, game will be released

• @Gargantua:

Yea but… can’t you say the same thing for EVERY version of Axis and Allies?  Save Guadalcanal or BOTB?

AA50 and G40 are both unique from the trend, atleast that is my opinion

• @Gargantua:

Yea but… can’t you say the same thing for EVERY version of Axis and Allies?  Save Guadalcanal or BOTB?

I see that you get my point. It has been five years since they published a NEW game. They just keep churning out tweaks of the map and ruleset. If they just want to tweak the map and rules how about tweaking BOTB for some eastern front action?

• @frimmel:

@Gargantua:

I see that you get my point. It has been five years since they published a NEW game. They just keep churning out tweaks of the map and ruleset. If they just want to tweak the map and rules how about tweaking BOTB for some eastern front action?

You forgot to mention D-DAY as a unique game.

But I agree, it’s high time for a truly new game: Stalingrad, Kursk (that’s where the new Tiger miniatures would come in handy!), market garden. It seems to me there’s very little creativity within WoTC. Sad, really.

However, i might buy the new game for the new pieces, but I already passed on A&A 1942. The only game I might actually still buy along the same lines and be truly happy with it is A&A 1939. After all, that’s when the war started and not in '40,m '41 or '42.

• @Imperious:

The PDF is a standard issue for Distributors and Retailers so they can get their orders in ( and which they need too months before product release).

They did this with AA50 and AA40.

AA50?

• @TheDictator:

@Imperious:

The PDF is a standard issue for Distributors and Retailers so they can get their orders in ( and which they need too months before product release).

AA50?

50 years Anniversary Edition

• 50th Anniversary edition

• It’s a lie,  and that’s the truth.

• Customizer

@Koningstiger:

But I agree, it’s high time for a truly new game: Stalingrad, Kursk (that’s where the new Tiger miniatures would come in handy!), market garden. It seems to me there’s very little creativity within WoTC. Sad, really.

However, i might buy the new game for the new pieces, but I already passed on A&A 1942. The only game I might actually still buy along the same lines and be truly happy with it is A&A 1939. After all, that’s when the war started and not in '40,m '41 or '42.

I would like to see a North Africa version of the game, perhaps including the Med as well. Maybe have the Axis take Malta so they can get Rommel the proper supplies and reinforcements to kick Montgomery’s butt (ha ha). Heck, maybe the Italians could beat the Brits in the first place. They outnumbered them something like 4-1 or more. Yet the Brits kicked their butts something fierce. Seems like something wrong there to me.
    Anyway, I have heard that Larry Harris has no intention of ever making a North Africa game so I guess I’m out of luck there. Would be cool to have more Italian involvement though.

• @knp7765:

@Koningstiger:

I would like to see a North Africa version of the game, perhaps including the Med as well. Maybe have the Axis take Malta so they can get Rommel the proper supplies and reinforcements to kick Montgomery’s butt (ha ha). Heck, maybe the Italians could beat the Brits in the first place. They outnumbered them something like 4-1 or more. Yet the Brits kicked their butts something fierce. Seems like something wrong there to me.
    Anyway, I have heard that Larry Harris has no intention of ever making a North Africa game so I guess I’m out of luck there. Would be cool to have more Italian involvement though.

As for malta, I feel it’s a shame Europe 40 or global '40 doesn’t include a National Objective for the Axis to control Malta and receive 5 IPC’s for it. That’d symbolize basically what you’re talking about. Not sure, it may be included in one of the NO’s saying : "control x of the ollowing, but I believe it would have deserved to be an NO in its own right.

• @suprise:

It’s a lie,   and that’s the truth.

• @Hobbes:

@TheDictator:

@Imperious:

AA50?

50 years Anniversary Edition

oh ok

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I’m with you UnCrust.  Fight the man! And the lies! lol.

• @Gargantua:

I’m with you UnCrust.  Fight the man! And the lies! lol.

;)

atleast im not alone on this one.
    i usually am lol

IL locked my thread about asking for the joke to end :P

• TripleA '12

Well… I honestly think that the ‘joke’ would have been revealed by now. And I think it is quite safe to assume that this is indeed a real product, coming soon. Let’s hope so anyway.

• @Imperious:

http://redcoat668.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/axis08-001.jpg

This should be the final version…

That’s so pitifully faked I lol’d.

• @techroll42:

@Imperious:

That’s so pitifully faked I lol’d.

I dunno – maybe WotC spent so much money on developing the new sculpts they announced that a Crayola map was all they could afford to produce as a game board.

• @Imperious:

if was a printed version, not crayola, it would be a pretty cool map.

• @empireman:

@Imperious:

Yup, but very un-A&A like.

I think it’s rather clear the cat’s out of the bag…

• @techroll42:

@empireman:

@Imperious:

Yup, but very un-A&A like.

I think it’s rather clear the cat’s out of the bag…

Yes they are relasing the game!!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m