Unofficial 1941 Game Inconsistencies Thread

• TripleA '12

As Djensen did with the 1942 2E game, I thought I would field a list of any issues players can find that may need to be addressed and hopefully corrected in any future print runs. So here goes…

Obviously, the biggest mistake so far is that the National Production track on the game board states 15 IPCs for the US when it should in fact be 17.

Other things I noticed in the rulebook:

The set up chart for the US states for sea zone 42 “carrying 2 Fighters”. This is odd and should clearly have been omitted or just shortened to “2 Fighters”. There was no need for the word ‘carrying’.

Page 11 under combat movement examples shows a German Artillery unit invading a Soviet territory along with some other German units. As we all know, there is no Artillery in this game. A small thing I know, but new players may get confused.

Page 13 shows a German Tank blitzing in two diagrams. The first one (on the left) is incorrect as it shows that although there is a movement arrow leading the Tank out of the Caucasus territory, there should not be a second arrow leading out of Caucaus (as the Tank has only just entered the territory). The second diagram is correct. Â

Page 22 under Industrial Complexes. The first instance of the words (Silhoutette printed on map) should be removed as these words are already printed just underneath in the very spot where you would expect to see them. That’s my impression anyway…

Page 2, third paragraph. Albeit a small thing, it would be nice if the word allies could start with a capital ‘a’ (Allies as opposed to allies).

Is there anything else people would like to add? Thanks for reading.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m