• @Stalingradski:

Windtalkers. Oh my god that was bad. It looked like it was filmed in my back yard. Another Nick Cage mail-it-in job.

That was pretty horrible and that battle at the end where Cage turns into Sgt. Rock and every bullet kills an enemy. I liked the actors playing the Navajo but the thing was dreadful.

• '10

Added Windtalkers to the list. Now youall can vote for that one. Yes I am from the south!

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

-T-R-L-

So terrible you’ll never forget…

• I agree with IL.
    I like ‘‘dirty dozen’’ but the others films of the series was realy bad.

Atleast Pearl Harbour was entertaining,  like when he fights the Germans,

And when that reporter gets wasted.

I think the only reason it’s getting voted down, is because it shows Americans getting their butts kicked.

In fact, Kasserine Pass would make a great movie…

• I think the only reason it’s getting voted down, is because it shows Americans getting their butts kicked.

No it’s because it is a terrible movie. Tora Tora Tora is one of the best war movies. Ben Affleck is one of the worst actors in recorded History after Shia LaBeouf who can’t act himself out of a paper bag.

Well the Bag’s not wet IL, what can you expect?

And where does Charlie Sheen muster on this list?

• @Imperious:

No it’s because it is a terrible movie.

I recall Pearl Harbor being discussed on an academic military history listserv when it came out.  One person said that there were so many inaccuracies in the film that he was surprised that the movie actually got one detail right: it showed the planes bombing Pearl Harbor as having Japanese roundels on their wings rather than British ones.

• And where does Charlie Sheen muster on this list?

The same as his grades at SAMOHI…D-F range.

• '10

@CWO:

@Imperious:

No it’s because it is a terrible movie.

I recall Pearl Harbor being discussed on an academic military history listserv when it came out.  One person said that there were so many inaccuracies in the film that he was surprised that the movie actually got one detail right: it showed the planes bombing Pearl Harbor as having Japanese roundels on their wings rather than British ones.

Did you get this reversed?

• @Fishmoto37:

Did you get this reversed?

No.  The point the guy was making was that the movie was so inaccurate that he would not have been surprised if the film-makers had mistakenly shown the British attacking Pearl Harbor.

• Haven’t seen them all, but Pearl Harbor was the first (and only) film in my life that made me fall asleep.
    Within the first half hour!

I had a bit of jetlag at the time but that was no excuse.

Years later i have seen it again, all of it, and i had been right to fall asleep before. What a terribly obnoxious film!

• Pearl Harbor was a really good one hour war movie, sandwhiched between a two hour love story. But it did star the beautiful Kate Beckinsale and I watched it with a very memorable date. I can’t vote it worst.

Windtalkers did nothing for me.

• How could i forget, Sahara! Good action movie, very poor WWII flick.

• Sahara was a great movie. Perfect actor playing the downed Luftwaffe pilot and the lazy Italian caricature was a bit tired but entertaining. Bogart was awesome in this.

Conspiracy is my favorite non-battle scene war movie. Incredible acting and attention to details.

• @Imperious:

Sahara was a great movie. Perfect actor playing the downed Luftwaffe pilot and the lazy Italian caricature was a bit tired but entertaining. Bogart was awesome in this.

Conspiracy is my favorite non-battle scene war movie. Incredible acting and attention to details.

Which is enough to keep a film from being a ‘worst’ of any sort. Sahara is terrific.

• '10

Pearl Harbor has a big lead. That movie did have great special effects if nothing else.

• @Fishmoto37:

Pearl Harbor has a big lead. That movie did have great special effects if nothing else.

The CGI was pretty cool. The dogfights in Britain and the whole attack on Pearl Harbor sequences were pretty cool (top notch dog fighting scenes really) but the whole thing is wretched.

• Inglorious Bastards is not a W2 film, its a Tarantino wank fest, so as a WW2 movie its awful, and is the worst hands down. As a movie on its own, its quite good with man very powerful scenes and wonderful dialogue.

The Thin Red Line is as boring as a war movie can get, but it terms of accuracy, they couldnt get more spot on. Long drawn out scenes of waiting to go in to battle, or recovering from a battle, thinking about home and their loved ones with the soliders sitting around bored and BSing with eachother, all punctuated by short intense action scenes is about as acurate of a portrayal of how wars are for the average soliders as you can get. The only problem with this is thats its fairly boring and dosnt make for a good film.

U-571

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m