• '17

Germany attacks the UK destroyer and transport in SZ109 with 3 submarines and some planes in G1.  Britain scrambles.

Two of the subs roll 2 or lower, but the SZ is not cleared because German and UK planes survived the first round of combat.

Is the transport sunk at the end of the first round of combat because the extra sub shot couldn’t have hit anything else?

• Official Q&A

Yes.

• Can Japan or US build a factory in the Phillipeens?

• @Defiance:

Can Japan or US build a factory in the Phillipeens?

New industrial complexes are never allowed on islands.  Australia and Scotland are not islands.

• @MightyPol:

That’s the same in a battle I guess? A AC with 2 fighters and a destroyer gets attacked by subs, what happens?

It depends on the casualty choices what happens exactly.

A carrier with 2 fighters and a destroyer get attacked by subs.
    A sub hits.
    If the defender takes a hit to the carrier, the aircraft will be able to fire on the subs in round 2 because the destroyer is still present.  But the airplanes would have to land on another carrier within one space, or else on a territory within one space (has to be in that zone) to avoid crashing if the carrier takes a single (or two of course) hit.
    If the defender takes a hit to the destroyer, then at the beginning of round 2 the subs may submerge and/or they get the surprise strike capability back.  However, since a carrier is a 2-hit capital ship, only the 2nd hit from the submarines will truly have a surprise strike effect (with one hit the carrier is not sunk and therefore would still fire back).
    The fighters cannot be taken as casualties, because subs can never hit aircraft.

• Official Q&A

Added links to official on-line rules resources to the initial post.

• '12

The rules say you cannot collect an income when your capital is in enemy hands.  What about national objective bonuses?  Do they count as income for this purpose?

• @moralecheck:

The rules say you cannot collect an income when your capital is in enemy hands.  What about national objective bonuses?  Do they count as income for this purpose?

National objectives are still income, they’re just bonus income.  So no, a power with its capital captured collects no IPCs whatsoever.

• While not at war can UK/ANZAC pass through Japanese ships during noncombat movement?

If yes, I assume they can end their movement in a sea zone with Japanese units as well?

• @Tyzoq:

While not at war can UK/ANZAC pass through Japanese ships during noncombat movement?

If yes, I assume they can end their movement in a sea zone with Japanese units as well?

yes they can

• thank you for the quick response.

• Official Q&A

“Income” is IPCs that are collected during the Collect Income phase.  Any IPCs normally collected during that phase are not collected while your capital is held by the enemy.  IPCs collected at other times, such as plunder from a capured enemy capital, are not income and are collected whether or not your capital is enemy-held.

• '10

US NAVAL MOVEMENT IN THE PACIFIC:

Please clarify this rule:
    12. The United States Navy, while being neutral, has the following movement restrictions. It can only move to sea zones that are adjacent to US territories in the Atlantic (more specifically Sea zones 121, 101, 89 and 64). US warships (not transports) may also conduct long range patrols into sea zone 102. In the Pacific it can only end naval movements in sea zones that are not adjacent to Japanese-controlled territories and islands.

“Adjacent”
    1. Sea zones 16 and 18 are adjacent to sea zones containing Japanese islands, although not containing Japanese islands. Is the US allowed to enter these sea zones while nuetral?

• '10

I mean, end its movement, not enter.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Yes.  The sea zones are neutral.  They do not contain any Japanese territories.  Same with SZ 7 and 24, etc.  Adjacent means next to Japanese territories like SZ 6, SZ 19, 20, 36, 37 (adjacent to Siam), etc.

Basically, if the sea zone is deviod of any land mass or there is only allied territories in the sea zone, the American’s can go there.

• '12

@Krieghund:

“Income” is IPCs that are collected during the Collect Income phase.  Any IPCs normally collected during that phase are not collected while your capital is held by the enemy.  IPCs collected at other times, such as plunder from a capured enemy capital, are not income and are collected whether or not your capital is enemy-held.

Thanks KH and SAS.  That’s how I’ve always played, but I had I rules lawyer situation  as P.23 of AAE refers to it as “bonus IPCs” in the first paragraph, as opposed to “income”.  Though now I see “bonus income” inbold at the top of the page.

• '10

HELP: sea movement, straights.

I can’t find my rule book and the Europe one is no where on the net… although the Pacific one is everywhere.

What are the rules for movement through:
    1. Danish straight
    2. Gibralter straight
    3. Black Sea striaght
    4. Suez

I think I know the answers, but need to make sure.

• @DutchmanD:

HELP: sea movement, straights.

I can’t find my rule book and the Europe one is no where on the net… although the Pacific one is everywhere.

What are the rules for movement through:
    1. Danish straight

Friendly Control of Denmark is req’d for any naval unit to pass (or permission, if neutral in Russia’s case)

@DutchmanD:

2. Gibralter straight

Surface ships allied to the whoever controls Gibralter can pass freely (or permission, somehow if still neutral in Russia’s case).  Submarines of any power can always pass through regardless of control.

@DutchmanD:

3. Black Sea striaght

The only way through is to control Turkey

@DutchmanD:

4. Suez

Friendly control of BOTH Eqypt and Transjordan

• '10

Thx man, that’s what I thought.

Wanted to make sure no friendly control of Morocco was required in addition to Gibralter and was unsure on Turkey.

• '10

Upgrading Industrial Complexes:

If I start with a turn with a minor, upgrade to a major, can I place 10 units out of it that turn or can only produce 3 units that turn?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m