• Official Q&A

@cond1024:

Can the British occupy/ land ftrs and other units in FIC while not at war with Japan?

Yes, as long as Japan has not captured it.

@cond1024:

If they can and they do, does Japan view that as an act of war (similar to China)?

No.

• '22 '16

Can Chinese units non combat move into Burma and Kwangtung? And is this considered an act of war allowing Japan to attack UK?

• Official Q&A

Yes, and no.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Krieghund:

Yes, and no.

That’s not very helpful.  Why yes, why no?

If Germany declares war on Russia, Russia can declare war on Italy, right?  It seems obvious that it can, but I wonder.  It nags at the back of my brain. lol.

• Official Q&A

@Cmdr:

That’s not very helpful.  Why yes, why no?

Yes because Chinese units can always move into Burma and Kwangtung, and no because Japan isn’t going to go to war with UK over it.

@Cmdr:

If Germany declares war on Russia, Russia can declare war on Italy, right?  It seems obvious that it can, but I wonder.  It nags at the back of my brain. lol.

Yes.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Thanks.  On the one hand, Russia is at war in Europe, on the other, it cannot declare war until Round 4. I just wanted clarification that once it is at war with a European power, it could declare on all them.

Thanks.

• @Cmdr:

Thanks.  On the one hand, Russia is at war in Europe, on the other, it cannot declare war until Round 4. I just wanted clarification that once it is at war with a European power, it could declare on all them.

Thanks.

It does say that very clearly in the rulebook, IIRC Jenn.  :-)

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Since Aircrafts move in NC phase, is it possible for a fighter to land, after a battle, in a friendly neutral taken in that NC phase?

No.  Air units may only land in territories that have been friendly since the beginning of the turn.

What about the Dutch East Indes?

• @Gargantua:

Since Aircrafts move in NC phase, is it possible for a fighter to land, after a battle, in a friendly neutral taken in that NC phase?

No.  Air units may only land in territories that have been friendly since the beginning of the turn.

What about the Dutch East Indes?

Dutch territories are friendly.  Thus, they started as friendly at the beginning of the turn.  UK/Anzac (or even US once at war) Aircraft cannot take control of Dutch territories (only land units), but they can still land there.

• Alpha+2 Questions:

Is a Destroyer allowed to ignore a Sub?

Germany attacks GB’s Cruiser in SZ 91 with 2 Subs, Is GB allowed to scramble the Gibraltar Fighter?

GB amphibious attacks Denmark, 2 German Subs in SZ 112,  Germany scrambles 3 Fighters from W. Germany, are the Subs in battle too?

Japanese Destroyer doesn’t hinder a ANZAC Transporter from dropping off units when they are not at war, right?

Can US and Japanese Ships share a SZ when not at war?

Thanks.

• One More…

Is GB allowed to land a plane in a Dutch Territory that it doesn’t control?

• Yes to landing a plane in Dutch territory as they are an ally. GB and ANZAC can non combat land units  to dutch territories to take control of them and take the IPCs. This is a special rule just for them.

• Is a Destroyer allowed to ignore a Sub?

Cant remember sorry

Germany attacks GB’s Cruiser in SZ 91 with 2 Subs, Is GB allowed to scramble the Gibraltar Fighter?

No because there is no GB destroyer to see the subs

GB amphibious attacks Denmark, 2 German Subs in SZ 112,  Germany scrambles 3 Fighters from W. Germany, are the Subs in battle too?

Yes all sea battles must be resolved before amphibious assault. The scrambled fighters may not participate in the land battle though as they were scrambled.

Japanese Destroyer doesn’t hinder a ANZAC Transporter from dropping off units when they are not at war, right?

Correct

In the Alpha rules the U.S in the Pacific  can only end naval movements in sea zones that are not adjacent to Japanese-controlled territories and islands. So yes they can share sea zones with Japanese units as long as there are no Japanese islands or territories with that sea zone.

• So when US and Japan share a SZ (Midway), and Japan makes a DOW, can it move its ships or is there an immediate battle?

• They can move out. Declare war at the start of your combat move then move your units.

• Thanks so far.

Obviously we have the same understanding…  Don’t get me wrong, but the rest of my group will not accept a two-man final ruling on this, and i have to present them an official answer from Krieghund also.

To the GB amph. attack question, I’m not so sure about it, GB could ignore the subs…? What would you say?

• Official Q&A

@ViribusUnitis:

Is a Destroyer allowed to ignore a Sub?

Yes.

@ViribusUnitis:

Yes, but it will be unable to hit the subs, so it will be useless in the battle.

@ViribusUnitis:

Yes, even if the UK player declares the intent to ignore the subs.  The scrambled fighters force a sea battle, so all units on both sides participate.

@ViribusUnitis:

Correct.

@ViribusUnitis:

Yes.

@ViribusUnitis:

Is GB allowed to land a plane in a Dutch Territory that it doesn’t control?

Yes. Dutch territories are friendly to the Allies.

@ViribusUnitis:

So when US and Japan share a SZ (Midway), and Japan makes a DOW, can it move its ships or is there an immediate battle?

It has the same options as it would in any case where ships begin their movement in a hostile sea zone.  It can either attack in the sea zone or move to another sea zone.  The only difference is that transports may be loaded in the sea zone.

• Thanks Krieghund. You’re up early…

• I think this has been answered earlier in the thread, but i dont remember which page, what is the purpsoes of the 2 union jack cricles u get in 1940 europe?

• Official Q&A

@ghr2:

I think this has been answered earlier in the thread, but i dont remember which page, what is the purpsoes of the 2 union jack cricles u get in 1940 europe?

They’re for tracking the United Kingdom’s Pacific economy income level on the National Production Chart in the global game.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m