• Hey guys and gals.  I’m working another little product here.  It’s a Cardboard TableTop that will hold the entire Global Game secure so the boards don’t split apart and it holds all the boxes as well.  I will sit on most Tables in your home.  It will not fit on TV Dinner tray.  Sorry.

The picture below only has 8 box openings.  I have combined my US and UK pieces.  The brown sides you see will have have AA or WWII graphics along the sides as well.  It comes in 2 pieces and is easily put together.

A couple of questions for you…

1- Is this something you would be interested in?

2- What would you be willing to pay for something this?

3- Any ideas on the structure of it?

• There are 9 powers and 8 boxes. Who share a box?

• I combined US and UK boxes.

US
    UK
    USSR
    GERMANY
    CHINA
    ANZAC
    FRANCE (AAE40 US/France Box)
    ITALY
    JAPAN

This is just an idea at this point.

• France doesn’t get a spot on the board.

• @docfav7:

I combined US and UK boxes.

US
    UK
    USSR
    GERMANY
    CHINA
    ANZAC
    FRANCE (AAE40 US/France Box)
    ITALY
    JAPAN

This is just an idea at this point.

I know you did. However, you listed 9 powers, but you say there are only 8 boxes. Don’t 2 powers have to share a box then?

• The other thing I can give a try is add 2 more spots on the board.  It may weaken the structure a bit.  I’ll have to test it.

• Interesting.  I have been pondering something similar.  I did not think to use cardboard.  Always looking for a good idea.

I thought of using wood with hinges underneath, so I could fold up the table

• I thought of wood too.  The board is actually pretty strong.  This is for all those who…

1- Aren’t mechanically inclined to make one out of Wood/ Other materials.
    2- Don’t have the time to do it.
    3- Can’t afford the Other Material versions.

This is light weight and strong.  And I’m trying to get it at a good price point too.

Plus the graphics will be really cool…

:wink:

• @docfav7:

I thought of wood too.  The board is actually pretty strong.  This is for all those who…

1- Aren’t mechanically inclined to make one out of Wood/ Other materials.
    2- Don’t have the time to do it.
    3- Can’t afford the Other Material versions.

This is light weight and strong.  And I’m trying to get it at a good price point too.

Plus the graphics will be really cool…

:wink:

I would fall into those 3 categories and might be interested in something like this depending on the cost. Right now I do not have the space to play these games but when I do I have two 6’ folding tables to use and this looks like it might sit on top of those nicely.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

I am intrigued.

I would take on such a project, but I do not know of my time commitment…

How much do you think it would cost you materials wise?

• whats a good thread to show pics of the table i made?  maybe we should just start a table thread

• I was thinking about making a pool table insert. If you make the inner side walls taller, I think it might work. You could then place the entire outer edge over the pool table banks.

• This is a cool idea.  I think I would be very interested in something like this if it could be adjustable to fit my other games as well.

• '10

its a great idea, but i think to sell, you have to have a spot for every power.  nobody wants to combine powers

• Customizer

I think that table top looks great.  As it is, the table I have is not quite wide enough, just under 30 inches), so my boards have to hang out over the side a little bit.  So there is the fear that any pieces on the edge territories or sea zones may fall off the edge of the earth.  Also, I love the idea of holding all four boards in place so they don’t shift and split apart.
    However, I would personally want the sides to be much narrower, like maybe 1 inch all the way around.  I don’t use the game piece boxes and would really not want them up here because it would be wasted space for me.  I put my pieces into these containers I found in the sporting goods section at Walmart.  I think they were originally designed to hold fishing lures and such but they work great for my game pieces.  I have one for each nation, one for the common pieces and even one for my combat dice, although with the addition of France and ANZAC dice I believe I will need a bigger one.

If you could make one like that with the smaller edge, for a cardboard one I would probably be willing to pay $20-$25.  For one made of a more permanent material such a wood or plastic, I would go as high as $40, maybe even $50.

Container combat dice-sm.JPG
    Container common pieces-sm.JPG
    Container combat units 2-sm.JPG

• I have reworked the Table Top and it holds all 10 of the boxes that come with the game system.  The outside demension of the Table Top is 40"x79".

Pics up later tonight.

• Those are Plano 3750 Boxes - I have 8 of them filled as well  :-D

They are available at Wal-Mart for around $6-10. A great deal, IMHO. (and Made in USA too!)

• I’ll have to check those Plano boxes to see if they will fit in the slots.  I can’t rework it for every different type of box that someone gets.  Will let you know.

Thanks,

• '10

@docfav7:

I have reworked the Table Top and it holds all 10 of the boxes that come with the game system.  The outside demension of the Table Top is 40"x79".

Pics up later tonight.

This is an AWESOME idea.  I hope it is sturdy as it will have to hang over most tables.  I think you should have the graphics around each box nation specific?  Also…  it would help in the NOs or some other information was printed beside each box for that nation.

Could I also suggest that there be inserts in two of the corners to hold COMBAT TURRETS?

Very excited to see this project move forward!

• The Plano boxes will be too big, I think - dont worry about them too much.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m