Global 1940 & 1943 Expansions Game Reports

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

Yea, those landmines can be pretty brutal against Landing Craft. The Netherlands been changing hands with UK last couple years and the Wehrmacht been sliding 1 or 2 mines a turn in there, when they hold and leftovers are still there as well. A few have detonated, but until now, never destroyed an entire attack.

Rommel must be in charge. Flew him out of North Africa and left his subordinate in charge. lol

Game 19 REDO EXP 7.63 April 10 2022.tsvg

• @barnee

Yeah! Go Axis!

It’s Early 1948 and another Allied Victory. I think I’m dicking around too much with Germany still. I should review some league games again, as i was never a good Global player anyway lol

Didn’t go quite as hard in Africa this time, mostly just tied down UK Forces. Lost Italian Navy early and that came back to hurt Germany bad after Italy takeover by being convoyed Big time.

Kriegsmarine did pretty decent. Went a little heavier on U-boats. Did some nice convoy damage. Took the Americans a year to run them back to SZ 112 where they just hung out and prevented UK LCV attacks on Denmark and Norway. Kept USA honest off GIB too.

I tried adding a 4 dollar boat when I could. Hits at 3 first rd and cheap hit soaker. Eventually the Wehrmacht got all the dough though lol

Those 26 Conscripts sure put up a nice wall. I been going a little early with the TGs too and the LMs are an unknown for how many they’ll kill.

JPN waited till J3. Didn’t do too bad. Got China. Never could get the Islands. I seem to do better with a J2, with my play style anyway.

USA put some dudes in russia with the LL guys. Had a Fleet up there and decided to just keep pumping 4 dudes a turn there. IJN was down south with only a single CV in Home waters. The bulk of the US Navy ended up off Queensland and usually a continuous stream of reinforcements moving through Pearl.

Little bit of a slow start on the Europe side. Had to kill some U-boats and get enough defense before they could start landing in Africa.
    China took it’s usual beatdown.

UK was hard pressed from the get go. Major convoy damage and had to honor the Axis threat in the Med and N Africa. Never really did get going till late game.

Italians losing Fleet early cost them dearly. Couldn’t get the med bonus or any others for that matter.

ANZAC had a pretty decent go. Got the DNG bonus and kept it the whole game. Decided not to take DNG with JPN as it’d just be a -2 for most the game. Had good counterattacks against JPN islands, mostly Celebes. Got Paulau early as well as fortifying Java.

France did France lol. Actually they did about as good as they could. There few units are still important.

Anyway, that was Game 19. Couple small fixes to do. Was thinking about giving 43 a try again, but I’m kinda still on the 40 kick right now. Might try and write up some triplea pointers and see if I can get a test forum game going. I usually struggle with it though lol

Game 19 REDO EXP 7.63 April 10 2022.tsvg

Little different start to game 20. Went full U-Boat except Early 41. I only bought 3 as i got a DD too. Wanted to dust that pesky commie sub off Norway. Left the UK 110 Fleet alone. UK had -13 convoy damage Early 41. Unfortunately wasn’t able to get a bombing run in. Bmbrs dusted a couple blockers after 110 sailed to GIB.

The interesting part was JPN. USA sent 4 Ftrs to Wake and 2 Inf off NG to reinforce PHI. The 2 Inf made it and Fortified but got a little gun shy with the Ftrs. JPN was geared up for a potential early strike against PHI and I didn’t wanna give them a fat target at Guam with just 1 Inf. Trading Inf for Ftrs just didn’t sit right with me, although it woulda delayed the PHI attack.

What did happen was ANZAC using the loophole DOW. They got there extra 5 bucks that way. They had Celebes too, so made for a nice payday. Bought a Factory for Queensland.

However, JPN said, F it, we’ll blow off the PHI and take out Borneo, Celebes, Burma and Shan State, while pounding on China some more. We get our extra 10 bucks from Uncle Sam too. Of course USA got the 5 bucks for PHI, but didn’t dare declare on JPN as they’d lose the Natl Guard. Doesn’t matter as JPN gonna have to DOW next turn anyway.

It had the added bonus of keeping the USA off the Reichs ass for another turn too. Probably woulda dusted a N Atlantic Wolfpack otherwise as well as reinforcing GIB and or activating Brazil.

At any rate, after it was all said and done, I think it was a poor move by ANZAC for the early DOW. The NO’s were a wash, but Borneo,Celebes and freeing Germany up another turn outweighed the benefit.

It wasn’t a certainty JPN woulda struck, but I don’t think I’d do it again.

• @barnee

Please have the Axis win!

• @barnee
    These days we’re playing our last games for this season. Results will be posted at this thread asap.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21

This is our last game for this season. We have a pause in the game for a few days - we’ll finish the game 1st June.

Global 1940, No. 4 Game Report:

Axis player: Butch Cassidy
    Allied player: The Captain

At this point, we are in Late 1943. It is Germany’s turn.

Germany has launched massive U-Boat operations in The Atlantic since Late 1940.
    On The Eastern Front the battle has been fought as a War of Attrition where Germany is in a strong position - but the lack of reserves is now felt.

Soviet Partisans have disrupted German Strategic Rail Movement - and German troops continuously need to fight the Soviet Partisans in their rear areas.

Germany’s next move on The Eastern Front will decide the fate of the German Army Group South - and most likely the entire outcome of the of The Soviet Campaign.

In the West, Germany has to face the invasion forces from United Kingdom and USA.

Italy is now ready for the German Take Over Of Italy.

Japan declared War on The Soviet Union in Early 1942. This triggered an IPC Penalty of 6 IPC for Japan.
    Equally, Russia immediately received 6 IPC.

The Japanese advance into Russia is slowly pushing back the few surviving Soviet troops.

At the same time, Japan captured the Philippines - with heavy losses on both sides.

China has totally captured by Japan - but by now, Soviet forces are advancing into China - liberating Chinese territories one by one.

In South East Asia, Japan is fighting against an increasing number of British units.

Soon, the USA will launch a massive Naval Operation in the Pacific - this will force Japan to spend a considerable amount of IPC to counter this new threat.

ANZAC is disturbing the Japanese advance in the South Pacific, by continuously launching small scale attacks against Japanese held islands and Transports that are left on their own.

DSC00040.JPG
    DSC00041.JPG
    DSC00042.JPG
    DSC00043.JPG

• Sweet pics. I’m assuming your coastal guns are cut up factories ?

• @general-6-stars

Yea - I have tons of game pieces - all the way back from Classic & Revised 2004.

I got the idea back in 1995 to cut up some factories - and use them as Coastal Defense Artillery - inspired by pictures from The Atlantic Wall.

The other half of those factories I used as Sub Pens.

• @the-captain

So smart! I’m worried about the Axis, though.

• I always like how the Soviets are able to hold back the Germans with only like 20-25 IPC of income :)

• 2024 2023 '22

@victoryfirst

Being a biased player towards the Axis, I’d say I don’t like that. Unlike the Nazis, it gets my respect. Of course, when I play the Allies, I love it.

@The-Captain
    wow my current game is playing out real similar to this. Strong German attack but not enough bullet stoppers and JPN with an early USSR attack 5 bucks for them. USA has some dudes in soviet far east and UK RR’d a couple blockers but Urals under threat

Definitely don’t wanna lose it : )

• @victoryfirst said in Global 1940 Expansions Game Report Thread:

I always like how the Soviets are able to hold back the Germans with only like 20-25 IPC of income :)

yea those 26 conscripts pretty much shut the Reich down for a couple years. My experience anyway : )

• @barnee
    Next week, when we’ve finished the game, I’ll post the results - with pictures.

• @barnee

This is sad!

• 2024 2023 '22

@the-captain

Great!

• @the-captain :grinning:

Game 20
    Strong SS presence in Northern Italy lol

Screenshot from 2022-06-03 22-09-38.png

American Air might take Rome. We’ll see. Landmines are Brutal lol

• @barnee Wait, you have five bunkers in Normandy, while only four regular infantry? Only regular infantry can be inside a bunker, so only four bunkers are allowed there, unless you move more infantry into Normandy.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m