• Re: What is artillery good for?
    I like 5ipc tanks more but it makes artillery more situational. Would it be better if artillery defence raised to 3?

• Are your 5 IPC tanks attack 3, defend 3 or attack 3, defend 2?

If they defend at 3, artillery would certainly need a boost. Perhaps artillery defend on 3, but what about artillery support for infantry on the defense? Artillery defend at 2, artillery-paired infantry defend at 3?

If they defend at 2, then I don’t see a need to give artillery more mojo.

My 2 IPCs,

-Midnight_Reaper

• Just have each side with artillery fire first, remove loses , and same stats + increase cost to 5 ipc

• I like the simplicity of IL’s rule. I can see the Russians benefiting from it greatly.

• Infantry 1/2/1 3 3ipc supportable
    artillery 2/2/1 4ipc +1 support to infantry on offense
    armour 3/3/2 5ipc

Just wondering would it be better and more balanced unit set up if artillery becomes 2/3/1 4ipc +1 support to infantry on offense or they are all just fine as well.

I really dislike 6 ipc armours, but 5ipc armours makes artillery more situational.

• '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 Customizer

@Navalland said in Artillery to defend at 3?:

Infantry 1/2/1 3 3ipc supportable
    artillery 2/2/1 4ipc +1 support to infantry on offense
    armour 3/3/2 5ipc

Just wondering would it be better and more balanced unit set up if artillery becomes 2/3/1 4ipc +1 support to infantry on offense or they are all just fine as well.

I really dislike 6 ipc armours, but 5ipc armours makes artillery more situational.

These are good without giving art D@3

1 Inf 2 Art C11 A100% 1.0 hit 11.33
    3 Armor C15 D150% 1.5 hit 8.64

Still getting your moneys worth. Good blend here.

Your D@3 Art
    1 Inf 2 Art C11 D133% 1.3 hit 14.33
    3 Armor C15 A150% 1.5 hit 8.64

Art now to strong. But if no Mechs in game Art can only move 1. If only move 1 makes sense based on Defending higher due to time to move gun and setup. You got to play test both ways a few times to see how it works.

Are you looking for better defense for Russia and making Germany buy more tanks to get to front after they buy more Inf and Art on first few turns then tanks catch up ?

• Just trying to figure out the most balanced unit set up and wondering if +1 defense to artillery would be good idea. Probably better to leave it as it is right now.

• @Navalland said in Artillery to defend at 3?:

Just trying to figure out the most balanced unit set up and wondering if +1 defense to artillery would be good idea. Probably better to leave it as it is right now.

Ya I would for now.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m