• @Imperious:

can you tell me how that convoy thing works? I know your fixing blockade

Actually I was done with it.
    The old system you need to plan and write down sea paths for next turn.
    The new system you don’t.

I rephrase it a bit. Concise. Hopefully clearer.

Blockade
    IPC to be stored must have an IPC path from the source territory to the destination capital.
    IPC to be spent must have an IPC path from the source territory (or capital for stored IPC) to the destinatin territory.
    An IPC path consists of territories your land units may go through and/or sea zones. Note Stalinist Xenophobia rule applies.
    IPC not stored nor spent is forfeited.

Convoy
    An IPC path consisting of sea zones is a "Convoy”. It enters the sea from the source or an adjacent territory. It then travel to the destination territory via the minimal number of sea zones or one more.
    Each hostile naval unit besides AP (transport) in a convoy sea zone may perform a convoy attack roll. 1 IPC of friendly convoys in that sea zone is destroyed on a roll of 3 or less.

• Blockade
    IPC to be stored must have an path from the source territory to the destination capital.
    IPC to be spent must have an path from the source territory (or capital for stored IPC) to the destination territory.
    An IPC path consists of territories your land units may go through and/or sea zones. Note: Stalinist Xenophobia rule applies.
    IPC not stored nor spent is forfeited.

Convoy
    An IPC path consisting of sea zones is a "Convoy”. It enters the sea from the source or an adjacent territory. It can then travel to the destination territory via the minimal number of sea zones or one additional sea zone.
    Each hostile naval unit except AP (transport) in a convoy sea zone may perform a convoy attack roll. 1 IPC of friendly convoys in that sea zone is destroyed on a roll of 3 or less.

I made some minor changes for grammer. The blockade thing need an example. IN blockade idea its too much of a ‘sterile’ explanation. Its obvious your talking about islands so why not use that word?  Just say “income from islands to the capital seperated by sea zones can be subject to forfeiture if the enemy forces control the path of sea zones” or something like it.

The explaination is way too vauge in its former form.

• well blockade is not just about islandsi

you meant the explanation for convoy right?

Blockade
    Islands and territories are prone to enemy blockade. Regions under blockade only receive, at best, maintenance supplies via air.

Convoy
    Income from overseas territories to the capital can be subject to forfeiture. Convoy ships are not safe in the sea.  Over 1500 allied ships were sunk in 1942 alone. 8300 US merchant mariners were killed at sea in WWII.

• OK if its not about islands then can you make an example of how it works? I had a few people read it and they are also in the dark as to its meaning. If i dont even understand it its got to have some problem.

Convoy is easy to understand, while blockade is not. This is due to the way convoy is explained

Blockade means you dont get any money from territories that are “trapped” by enemy units?

So if japan is surrounded by american destroyers they dont get any money from anywhere?

What are the exceptions?

How do you store income on controlled islands that are now blocked?

Define storing?

• Firstly, maybe it shouldn’t be called “blockade”.
    I think thats whats confusing.  :|
    People trying to understand what is a “blockade” when its not in the game anymore.
    (The name came when the rule was in its earliest form.)

The rule now really just about IPC path. No teleportation of IPC.

Blockade means you dont get any money from territories that are “trapped” by enemy units?

Not enemy units but enemy territories.
    Not that you don’t get income from them, but their income can’t be used in other places. And income from other places can’t be used there.

eg.1
    From game start, USSR takes Belorussia and Ukraine. Germany’s West Russia is now surrounded by hostile territories. West Russia’s income can’t be used in other German territories. Income from other German territories can’t be used in West Russia.

The situation can be expanded to a group of territories surrounded by enemy territory.

eg.2
    Or late game, USSR only has Russia, Evenki National Okrug and Karelia. All other red territories held by Germany/Japan. Income at Russia and Evenki National Okrug can be used among the two territories. Income from Karelia can’t be used at Russia or Evenki National Okrug.

Define storing?

As with OOB. Its stored in “your hands”. When enemy captures your capital they take all the stored IPC. Except now you can store them in your capital as well as captured capitals.

So if japan is surrounded by american destroyers they dont get any money from anywhere?

Blockade via land is 100%.
    Blockade via sea is not.

You can send IPC via hostile sea zones. Convoy rule…each hostile ship destroys 1 IPC on a roll of 3 or less.
    So Japan/UK capital can’t be under 100% blockade.

• Ok that explaination makes more sence. Can you reword it in such a manner that it captures both the examples and the language of your description?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m