• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

What a tight and exciting game!  Loving this eastern front conflict!

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19

TripleA Move Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 3.9

Game History

Round: 10

Purchase Units - Japanese
                Japanese buy 2 armour, 1 carrier, 3 infantry, 1 mech_infantry, 4 submarines and 1 transport; Remaining resources: 6 SuicideAttackTokens; 0 PUs;

Combat Move - Japanese
                1 submarine moved from 46 Sea Zone to 54 Sea Zone
                2 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers moved from 46 Sea Zone to 54 Sea Zone
                1 destroyer and 1 submarine moved from 46 Sea Zone to 44 Sea Zone
                1 transport moved from 35 Sea Zone to 20 Sea Zone
                2 infantry moved from Kiangsi to 20 Sea Zone
                2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 20 Sea Zone to 44 Sea Zone
                2 infantry moved from 44 Sea Zone to Celebes
                1 transport moved from 35 Sea Zone to 19 Sea Zone
                2 infantry moved from Kiangsu to 19 Sea Zone
                2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 19 Sea Zone to 21 Sea Zone
                2 infantry moved from 21 Sea Zone to Guam
                1 bomber moved from Japan to Guam
                2 submarines moved from 46 Sea Zone to 34 Sea Zone
                2 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers moved from 46 Sea Zone to 34 Sea Zone
                1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Dutch New Guinea to 44 Sea Zone
                1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from 35 Sea Zone to Guam

triplea_42152.0_Jap10.tsvg

Scramble?  Jpn attack ANZ dd in sz54 with 1 sub, 2 ftrs & 2 TB.  Scramble with ANZ and/or Amer ftrs?

Add a bomber to attack on U.S. cv in sz34.

• '19 '17

@FMErwinRommel:

Add a bomber to attack on U.S. cv in sz34.

Ok

• '19 '17

@FMErwinRommel:

Scramble?  Jpn attack ANZ dd in sz54 with 1 sub, 2 ftrs & 2 TB.  Scramble with ANZ and/or Amer ftrs?

Scramble 3 US fighters in sz54 and scramble max sz21

Roll em!

Ha, I never thought about Guam scrambling.  That was a waste.  I’ll try to remember that in the future.  Lost my poor tt.

LOL! The Defenders of Guam are victorious!

I will ask that someone add my email to the game chain so I can start to see Die results as they roll in!

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 3.9

Game History

Round: 10

Purchase Units - Japanese
                Japanese buy 2 armour, 1 carrier, 3 infantry, 1 mech_infantry, 4 submarines and 1 transport; Remaining resources: 6 SuicideAttackTokens; 0 PUs;

Combat Move - Japanese
                1 submarine moved from 46 Sea Zone to 54 Sea Zone
                2 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers moved from 46 Sea Zone to 54 Sea Zone
                1 destroyer and 1 submarine moved from 46 Sea Zone to 44 Sea Zone
                1 transport moved from 35 Sea Zone to 20 Sea Zone
                2 infantry moved from Kiangsi to 20 Sea Zone
                2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 20 Sea Zone to 44 Sea Zone
                2 infantry moved from 44 Sea Zone to Celebes
                1 transport moved from 35 Sea Zone to 19 Sea Zone
                2 infantry moved from Kiangsu to 19 Sea Zone
                2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 19 Sea Zone to 21 Sea Zone
                2 infantry moved from 21 Sea Zone to Guam
                1 bomber moved from Japan to Guam
                2 submarines moved from 46 Sea Zone to 34 Sea Zone
                2 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers moved from 46 Sea Zone to 34 Sea Zone
                1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Dutch New Guinea to 44 Sea Zone
                1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from 35 Sea Zone to Guam

Combat - Japanese
                Americans scrambles 2 units out of Guam to defend against the attack in 21 Sea Zone
                Americans scrambles to create a battle in territory 21 Sea Zone
                ANZAC scrambles 3 units out of Queensland to defend against the attack in 54 Sea Zone
                Battle in 34 Sea Zone
                    Japanese attack with 2 fighters, 2 submarines and 2 tactical_bombers
                    Americans defend with 1 carrier
                        Japanese roll dice for 2 submarines in 34 Sea Zone, round 2 :  1/2 hits
                    Units damaged: 1 carrier owned by the Americans
                        Japanese roll dice for 2 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers in 34 Sea Zone, round 2 :  2/4 hits
                        Americans roll dice for 1 carrier in 34 Sea Zone, round 2 :  0/1 hits
                        1 carrier owned by the Americans lost in 34 Sea Zone
                    Japanese win with 2 fighters, 2 submarines and 2 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 16
                    Casualties for Americans: 1 carrier
                Battle in 54 Sea Zone
                    Japanese attack with 2 fighters, 1 submarine and 2 tactical_bombers
                    ANZAC defend with 1 destroyer; Americans defend with 3 fighters
                        Japanese roll dice for 1 submarine in 54 Sea Zone, round 2 :  0/1 hits
                        Japanese roll dice for 2 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers in 54 Sea Zone, round 2 :  3/4 hits
                        ANZAC roll dice for 1 destroyer and 3 fighters in 54 Sea Zone, round 2 :  3/4 hits
                        1 tactical_bomber owned by the Japanese, 1 fighter owned by the Japanese, 1 destroyer owned by the ANZAC, 1 submarine owned by the Japanese and 2 fighters owned by the Americans lost in 54 Sea Zone
                        Japanese roll dice for 1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber in 54 Sea Zone, round 3 :  2/2 hits
                        ANZAC roll dice for 1 fighter in 54 Sea Zone, round 3 :  0/1 hits
                        1 fighter owned by the Americans lost in 54 Sea Zone
                    Japanese win with 1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 11
                    Casualties for ANZAC: 1 destroyer
                    Casualties for Americans: 3 fighters
                    Casualties for Japanese: 1 fighter, 1 submarine and 1 tactical_bomber
                Battle in 21 Sea Zone
                    Japanese attack with 1 transport
                    ANZAC defend with 2 fighters
                        ANZAC roll dice for 2 fighters in 21 Sea Zone, round 2 :  2/2 hits
                        1 transport owned by the Japanese lost in 21 Sea Zone
                        2 infantry owned by the Japanese lost in Guam
                    ANZAC win with 2 fighters remaining. Battle score for attacker is -7
                    Casualties for Japanese: 1 transport
                Battle in Guam
                    Japanese attack with 1 bomber, 1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber
                    Americans defend with 1 airfield
                    Japanese win with 1 bomber, 1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is -6
                    Casualties for Japanese: 2 infantry
                Battle in 44 Sea Zone
                    Japanese attack with 1 destroyer, 1 fighter, 1 submarine, 1 tactical_bomber and 1 transport
                    ANZAC defend with 1 submarine
                        Japanese roll dice for 1 submarine in 44 Sea Zone, round 2 :  0/1 hits
                        Japanese roll dice for 1 destroyer, 1 fighter, 1 tactical_bomber and 1 transport in 44 Sea Zone, round 2 :  2/3 hits
                        ANZAC roll dice for 1 submarine in 44 Sea Zone, round 2 :  0/1 hits
                        1 submarine owned by the ANZAC lost in 44 Sea Zone
                    Japanese win, taking 44 Sea Zone from ANZAC with 1 destroyer, 1 fighter, 1 submarine, 1 tactical_bomber and 1 transport remaining. Battle score for attacker is 6
                    Casualties for ANZAC: 1 submarine
                Battle in Celebes
                Moving scrambled unit from 21 Sea Zone back to originating territory: Guam
                Moving scrambled unit from 21 Sea Zone back to originating territory: Guam

Non Combat Move - Japanese
                1 bomber moved from Dutch New Guinea to 34 Sea Zone
                1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from 54 Sea Zone to Dutch New Guinea
                1 infantry moved from New Guinea to Dutch New Guinea
                1 bomber moved from Dutch New Guinea to India
                1 infantry moved from Kiangsu to Kiangsi
                1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from 44 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
                1 carrier, 3 destroyers and 2 submarines moved from 35 Sea Zone to 6 Sea Zone
                1 fighter moved from Guam to 35 Sea Zone
                1 tactical_bomber moved from Guam to 35 Sea Zone
                2 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers moved from 34 Sea Zone to 6 Sea Zone
                1 bomber moved from 34 Sea Zone to Japan
                1 bomber moved from Guam to 35 Sea Zone
                1 bomber moved from 35 Sea Zone to Philippines
                1 destroyer moved from 46 Sea Zone to 30 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 46 Sea Zone to 53 Sea Zone
                2 battleships, 4 carriers, 2 cruisers and 2 destroyers moved from 46 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 46 Sea Zone to 42 Sea Zone
                1 bomber moved from Dutch New Guinea to Japan
                1 tactical_bomber moved from Philippines to Japan
                1 infantry moved from Shan State to Malaya

Place Units - Japanese
                1 carrier, 4 submarines and 1 transport placed in 6 Sea Zone
                2 armour and 1 mech_infantry placed in India
                2 infantry placed in Kiangsu
                1 infantry placed in Japan

Turn Complete - Japanese
                Japanese collect 70 PUs; end with 70 PUs
                Objective Japanese 4 Control Dutch East Indies: Japanese met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 75 PUs
                Objective Japanese 3 Control Honolulu Or Sydney Or Calcutta Or Western United States: Japanese met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 80 PUs

triplea_42152.0_Jap10.tsvg

The sad thing about the Guam debacle is that I had unused bombers plus a TB in Phil that could have attacked the sz around Guam.  Well, at least Japan has 80 PU income, more than anyone else.  And while I lost most of my tt’s, the allies don’t have any that can reach my islands this turn.

@FMErwinRommel:

The sad thing about the Guam debacle is that I had unused bombers plus a TB in Phil that could have attacked the sz around Guam.  Well, at least Japan has 80 PU income, more than anyone else.  And while I lost most of my tt’s, the allies don’t have any that can reach my islands this turn.

Forever known as the Guam debacle…

• The Guam Debacle.  Might not ever reach the same level as the Sneaky Karl, but sounds great!  Maybe Gargantua can explain the Sneaky Karl  :evil:

@FMErwinRommel:

Thanks Garg for all the work putting this together.  But take a break from organizing the Allied resistance to the Axis, at least in the Pacific.  I liked it better when Japan’s opponents were lackadaisical.

Ok Allies I’ve brought you back from the brink! but I’ll be taking a break from organizing the Allied resistance to the Axis at least in the pacific for now.

• '19 '17

I am SO glad we had Gargantua here to save us!!  Hip, Hip, Hooray!

*turns off Gargantua mode and turns on lackadaisical mode

• i thought that garg was silent in this game.

@dawgoneit:

i thought that garg was silent in this game.

The first seven rounds or so yup , And then German bombers started rattling me in my Moscow bunker!!!  And I freaked out and made some phone calls,

But clearly we are back to an even status quo, So now I can rest on my laurels, And focus on our one to one dog.

Been a great game guys I think it’s at a point where It can go many many more rounds

• @Gargantua:

@dawgoneit:

i thought that garg was silent in this game.

The first seven rounds or so yup , And then German bombers started rattling me in my Moscow bunker!!!  And I freaked out and made some phone calls,

But clearly we are back to an even status quo, So now I can rest on my laurels, And focus on our one to one dog.

Been a great game guys I think it�s at a point where It can go many many more rounds

:-o :? :|

• Dasterdly

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m