Please Read Before Opening your Anniversary Box 2017!

• That sucks to hear. Mine came in great condition. I was really impressed with the packaging and design on everything.

• Customizer

I ordered 2 copies and both of mine arrived in great condition.  Some of the storage boxes had minor creases here and there but nothing I found objectionable.
    From the bottom up, my games were packed with the game boards, the punch out sheets, the storage boxes then the rule book and IPCs.

• I got a banged up box from amazon, but haven’t opened it up yet

• My Italian box had a slight crease in the top…but, it pressed right out.  I was too anxious (and worried when I read about all the boxes that were missing parts)…

• Inside my box about 4 piece boxes had creases, like somebody stepped on the box for 3 seconds, just that the outside box is fine, just the smaller boxes. Everything else was fine so im not bothering, just reporting

• The inside boxes of italians and shared pieces crushed. 4 us artillery damaged legs. Still need to look at other 5 nations. All my us pieces are the same molds as the 1940s game but bombers have tapered wings with slightly different angle

• '17

I hope these damages are due to the carrier and not the manufacturer.

• @Variable:

Hello everyone,

I need to warn you all to have your cameras out as you unbox your 2017 copy of Anniversary. After watching Pink Panzer’s video online and how his storage boxes and rulebook were smashed inside despite a pristine outer box, I was ready to video my entire opening. Good thing I did as mine looked the same if not worse than his. I have forwarded some pics to Wizards Customer Support and will advise you all of what happens.

Stay safe out there and good luck with all of yours!

So what did the wizards of avalon say?  I have 2 messed up parts boxes and 4 us/5 russian artillary with stress creases where they weren’t taken off the sprues properly

• @BusaRider29:

I hope these damages are due to the carrier and not the manufacturer.

I don’t think it’s a carrier issue.  The problems have been reported by many people, and my own copy of the game – which I bought in a store, and thus which wasn’t shipped to me by mail – has a defective Italy box.

• i have heard back on my incident report already and was told some of the parts i need are on backorder and they wont ship anything till its all complete.(up to 8 weeks till any setup boxes or cards are available)my particular copy has damaged gameboard, rulebook and setup boxes even the punch out setup card sheet has severe dents in it like the entire box was crushed even though the cardboard ship box was fine and also the outside box itself was ok. so strange.they claim they will take care of the issue and they are very professional about it but i feel like if these parts wont become available then we will be out of luck.

• Customizer

I must be lucky this time.  I ordered 2 copies and both were nearly perfect.

What I don’t understand is why there are so many reports of damaged inner components while the outside box is undamaged.  How does that happen?  It sounds like these things are getting wrecked at the factory, placed in pristine outer boxes, then wrapped and shipped out.  So why would someone do this?

• I think it’s an issue with the cardboard spacer they’re using, and how the box is packed. If the spacer is directly over the storage boxes, and pressure is applied to the top of the box during transport, then the spacer indents the storage boxes.

If the box is packed with the token and card sheets in-between the storage boxes and the cardboard spacer then there doesn’t seem to be as much as an issue? That’s just going off what I’ve heard from different people.

• The rule book fits inside of the card board spacer. Probably got dislodged during transit, lifting one side of spacer and forcing other end of spacer down into the parts boxes. All these games were probably standing vertically in a giant box as it sailed from china. That would explain why the inner box damage is isolated to the bottom right of the game box.

Even better, why not have the box 1/2 shallower and not need a spacer at all. Just a good old fashioned snug fit

• I bought a hot glue gun to use on the four-piece spacer for the top of the box.  Once I mend it, it should be much sturdier when it is in my game closet.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@Bob77:

@Variable:

Hello everyone,

I need to warn you all to have your cameras out as you unbox your 2017 copy of Anniversary. After watching Pink Panzer’s video online and how his storage boxes and rulebook were smashed inside despite a pristine outer box, I was ready to video my entire opening. Good thing I did as mine looked the same if not worse than his. I have forwarded some pics to Wizards Customer Support and will advise you all of what happens.

Stay safe out there and good luck with all of yours!

So what did the wizards of avalon say?  I have 2 messed up parts boxes and 4 us/5 russian artillary with stress creases where they weren’t taken off the sprues properly

Hey all,

Sorry it took me forever to get back. Wizards Customer Service has been great about this. They have agreed to replace what was damaged. Trouble is due to the unexpected problem and volume of complaints, like others have said it may be several weeks before replacements arrive. I’m fine with that as damaged cardboard is not something expected. People missing pieces makes sense and they would be able to replace those no problem. But cardboard boxes is a bit more unusual.

As for my theory on the damage: The boxes would normally be on top the maps, then punch outs on top of that. But I’m betting the automated process that installed the cardboard protectors was not calibrated properly or it was affected by the order of contents and crushed most everyone’s stuff before the lid ever went on.

Hope you all get what you need and sorry to AH/WOTC that this happened to them. We all know how much support this game needs to survive with WOTC and I’m sure this is not helping the bottom line.

• I just opened my copy this morning (arrived on Monday, but work week yadda yadda).  The cardboard space insert looked to be rotated 45 degrees and smashed its exact form into the piece boxes and the rule book. The only box undamaged is the Japan box, but everything in the middle is wrecked.

Sounds exactly like mine but I had damage to all boxes. I’m betting there is a machine at the factory that installs the cardboard and had something set wrong.

• I’ve already opened mine off camera and have had it for a couple of days already, too late I’m guessing?

• Send hem an email anyway

@Bob77:

Send hem an email anyway

Yes do. They didn’t really ask me for much in the way of proof. I just wanted to have it in case I was in the minority. But with the problem so prolific, I’d say get a spot in line.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m