• @Imperious:

Look at his stupid name. 88 means Heil Hitler 8th letter twice. Losers ( skinheads) do this to identify them , 14 is unknown but probably another stupid idea represented by numbers.

When Kurt spouts off his ideas, here is a ready convert to ridiculousness.

https://www.adl.org/education/references/hate-symbols/1488

I believe this describes what “14” means…

• @Hunter:

@Young:

Can anyone tell me if Axis & Allies 1940 Europe and/or 1940 Pacific 2nd Edition is out of print?, have they or will they do another print run for these games?

Guys…
    Send me to talk to WOTC, I live less that 3 miles from their HQ in Renton WA…
    I doubt they would tell me anything though

On the other hand, it’s possible that you could be able to convince them to improve their communication strategy to their customers as a whole. If you can manage to speak to the right person and explain the matter politely and in a well-reasoned way, they might actually listen. Maybe.

• This is also true. If everyone can get me a list of what needs to be said, I would be more than happy to drive there and talk to them.

• @Hunter:

This is also true. If everyone can get me a list of what needs to be said, I would be more than happy to drive there and talk to them.

My two cents would be these points:

• That there is a large and devoted A&A community out there which enjoys (and purchases and supports the profitability of) these games.

• That this customer base has tended to show great enthusiasm in the past when a forthcoming A&A game has been announced, and is likely to do so again if WotC were to announce that it will be issuing either a new edition of an existing A&A game or an entirely new A&A game.  In other words: there is a demand out there for revised or new A&A products, especially since it’s been a while since the last one came out.

• That this customer base, although dedicated, is sometimes frustrated by a lack of official information regarding the status of the various games in A&A’s current line of products (i.e., is the game in print? is it being reprinted? is it out of print? is a new edition being planned?)

• That A&A players understand that WotC has to be careful about what it announces, for valid business reasons.  Nobody would be happy if WotC were to announce that it is thinking about issuing such-and-such a game and then were to change its mind later.  And we all understand that a premature announcement that a new edition of a game is forthcoming might immediately cause sales of the previous edition to tank – though the counterargument to this would be that sales might actually rise as collectors and speculators snap up a game that will soon become unavailable through conventional trade channels (A&A Anniversary Edition being an obvious example).  All that being said, however, WotC would have nothing to lose by letting its customer base know that such-and-such a game (when WotC has no immediate plans to replace it with a new edition or to discontinue it altogether) is in print and is being reprinted from time to time to keep it available.  And this overall keep-them-in-stock strategy is actually implied by Larry’s introduction to 1942.2, which basically describes the mainstream 1941 / 1942.2 / Global.2 games as a three-pronged product line.  (WWI 1914 is probably a one-off, given its non-mainstream nature.)

• Sponsor

I wouldn’t mention the maps and printed accessories, we don’t want the copyright fuzz sniffing around.

• @Young:

I wouldn’t mention the maps and printed accessories, we don’t want the copyright fuzz sniffing around.

Got it. Keep it on the down low.

• Anything else? Im not going this week as I have no time. Within the next 2 weeks I will go.

• '17 '16

@Imperious:

Look at his stupid name. 88 means Heil Hitler 8th letter twice. Losers ( skinheads) do this to identify them , 14 is unknown but probably another stupid idea represented by numbers.

Ya… his name tipped me off a lot more than his post… Hey… anybody want to take a guess which nation he likes to play in A&A? lol

• @Wolfshanze:

@Imperious:

Ya… his name tipped me off a lot more than his post… Hey… anybody want to take a guess which nation he likes to play in A&A? lol

CHINA! JK

• '17 '16

@Hunter:

@Wolfshanze:

CHINA!

Awww… my money was on France…

• @Wolfshanze:

@Imperious:

It depends on which A&A game it is. Sometimes Axis nations, sometimes Allied nations. A&A is an interesting game on all sides.

• '17 '16 '15 '12

alt right is all right, oh my.

Shame this creeps into AA.org. And then those SAD references to the current, erm, circumstances.

• Ok so I talked with WOTC, I got nothing out of it… Sorry Guys

• @Hunter:

Ok so I talked with WOTC, I got nothing out of it… Sorry Guys

Thanks for trying.  It was worth a shot.

• Thanks Mark. That makes me feel better after driving out and coming home disappointed(lunch helped I guess)

• @Narvik:

Based on the talk in this thread between Larry Harris and some fans, I figure we get a new A&A game this year, man.

harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=18863

Larry wrote on page 9 in this thread yesterday, that his new game is not A&A but a global WWII game, and is to be release mid june, thats about 6 weeks from now

• @Narvik:

@Narvik:

Based on the talk in this thread between Larry Harris and some fans, I figure we get a new A&A game this year, man.

harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=18863

Larry wrote on page 9 in this thread yesterday, that his new game is not A&A but a global WWII game, and is to be release mid june, thats about 6 weeks from now

To clarify, he more specifically said it will be publicly announced mid June.
    That could still mean many months before release (or immediate, you never know with some publishers).

• I also assume that he meant that the name and (some of) the details of the game will be publicly announced, given that his forum is public and that he’s already announced the game in general terms.

• Sponsor

I’m skeptical that it’s a WW2 game, but we’ll see.

• @Young:

I’m skeptical that it’s a WW2 game

Larry’s post said “It’s not Axis & Allies but it is a global WW2 game with significantly different features,” which sounds pretty unambiguous.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m